10-11-2016 09:05 AM
37 12
tools
    Are you James Bond?

*The* (AC) Galaxy Note 7 review! - UPDATED - DISCONTINUED-untitled.png
    gogoplata1980 and dsignori like this.
    08-17-2016 09:05 AM
    I don't understand all the whining about price - for $129 more than a 64gb iPhone 6s Plus, you get so much more (and less size) of a phone that it is unbelievable - I'm a nine year iOS vet and even I can see the value - why don't they?
    gogoplata1980 and jimd1050 like this.
    08-17-2016 10:51 PM
    Andrew, I read Dan's great article Galaxy Note 7: The 10 tips and tricks you need to do immediately . In there I noticed a tip on Content scaling . Would you be able to post a few screenshots of what the Note 7 looks like with the scaling set to Large vs small? Maybe a home screen and a notification bar shot or something comparing the 2? Thanks.
    You'll want the small scaling if you're used to any previous Notes or big-screen phones.

*The* (AC) Galaxy Note 7 review! - UPDATED - DISCONTINUED-screenshot_20160819-101527.jpg*The* (AC) Galaxy Note 7 review! - UPDATED - DISCONTINUED-screenshot_20160819-101533.jpg

*The* (AC) Galaxy Note 7 review! - UPDATED - DISCONTINUED-screenshot_20160819-101555.jpg*The* (AC) Galaxy Note 7 review! - UPDATED - DISCONTINUED-screenshot_20160819-101541.jpg

Is there any noticeable audio problems like static or pops or hisses? Just hoping for clarity, loudness isn't much of a concern.
    Thanks for the answers man, just worried after some reviews I read about the S7 audio.
    No pops or hisses. Samsung knows how to drive the speaker properly, even if it isn't super loud — they don't push it.

Hey Andrew, great review video it was put together nicely and full of good shots. I was just wondering if all the edge features for the note 7 are the same as the s7 edge. Specifically the edge notifications when the screen is off i.e. rubbing your finger on the edge to activate a panel of notifications. Thanks!
    yup it's basically the exact same Edge screen experience as the GS7 edge. You can turn on/off features as you see fit.

Nice write up and video review. Well done.
    Thanks!

You've already answered several battery related questions. I'm curious if you (AC) have considered doing some sort of standardized battery-life tests with each new phone so we can have a quantitative reference point? I'm not saying you should do the all out Consumer Reports lab-level tests, but simply have a repetitive battery test or two that maybe you run overnight. Perhaps there's an app that cycles through a variety of common usage simulations. Then post the numbers along side other like-tested phones (I'm thinking bar chart). At least that would give us a sense of relative battery-life between phones.
    We've considered it. But then we've also considered that there's no such thing as a battery life test that actually reflects real-world usage. We try our best to lay out how we use phones and what kind of battery life that translates to and how it compares to our own usage of other phones, as we feel that's a better way to express how well they last in the real world.

A synthetic benchmark of battery would simply show how it compared for the same benchmark on another phone ... which is "useful" until you realize that the test doesn't reflect how we use phones in the first place.

P.S. I miss the photo contests.
    I know, you're not the only one. I liked doing them, too! We're trying to find a way to bring it back.

Are you James Bond?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	261 
Size:	285.0 KB 
ID:	235535
    LOL

I don't understand all the whining about price - for $129 more than a 64gb iPhone 6s Plus, you get so much more (and less size) of a phone that it is unbelievable - I'm a nine year iOS vet and even I can see the value - why don't they?
    A lot of people believe the iPhone 6s Plus is massively expensive. And the Note 7 is more expensive. I think its realistic to say that the $850+ (+tax) is too much for a lot of people. Even with financing from a carrier.
    dsignori likes this.
    08-19-2016 12:22 PM
    For Note 7 by default, external SD Card, do i have a choice of using it as a Portable device? What the maximum capacity sd card storage i can add ? Thanks
    08-19-2016 05:37 PM
    Good article!
    08-21-2016 04:25 AM
    do you know how to change notification light for missed calls...
    08-25-2016 04:06 PM
    Awesome review. Would like battery life to be mentioned though.
    08-28-2016 01:51 PM
    Thanks for the in depth review. Could have mentioned how much battery life it gives on a single charge? Also does reducing the screen resolution, does it have any effect on the battery life?
    08-30-2016 04:26 AM
    Thanks for the detailed review. Note 7 is currently the best Smartphone out there right now. Love the design.
    09-22-2016 03:08 PM
    Serious question lol. I'm coming back to android after a long time away. Returning my iPhone 7 plus for the Note 7 which comes next week. Right choice 😳!?
    10-02-2016 07:43 PM
    Serious question lol. I'm coming back to android after a long time away. Returning my iPhone 7 plus for the Note 7 which comes next week. Right choice 😳!?
    10-02-2016 07:50 PM
    Product advisory: After a recall due to exploding batteries, and a subsequent batch of replacement Galaxy Note 7s catching fire, Samsung has permanently discontinued the Galaxy Note 7. You won't be able to buy one from your carrier or other major retailers, and you should not buy a Note 7 second-hand. Catch up on how we got to this point with everything you need to know about the Galaxy Note 7 recall.
    10-11-2016 09:05 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD