09-09-2016 02:56 PM
169 1234 ...
tools
    Awesome! Thanks for the review...
    08-16-2016 10:53 AM
    TL;DR For All Reviews:
    - Battery life is so-so, not as great as the s7 edge
    - Camera quality is decent, marginally better than s7
    - TW/Software isn't very fluid, looks like there are some dropped frames here and there
    - Audio quality through the 3.5mm jack is decent
    - Display is marginally better than the s7/note 5
    - Most benchmarks (but not all) are slightly below that of the s7
    - In-hand feel is vastly improved with the symmetric design'
    - S-Pen is a mixed bag but no reviewer has any major complaints

I'm most upset about the battery life performance here. 4-4.5 hours SoT on SD 820? I was hoping the N7 would magically be better than the s7 edge, but I guess spec's don't lie.
    08-16-2016 11:10 AM
    Before you say this is off topic in the Note 7 Forum, it's actually about the mr. Mobile review of the Note 7. In it, Michael Fisher mentions the Nexus fans who won't be satisfied with the interface on the Note 7. Then he says what is my favorite line from this video: "If you want stock Android... Truly running stock on a phone like this would be a waste." Almost sounds blasphemous, but I'm so glad he said it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Premium1 and exdrinker like this.
    08-16-2016 11:11 AM
    TL;DR For All Reviews:
    - TW/Software isn't very fluid, looks like there are some dropped frames here and there

I'm most upset about the battery life performance here. 4-4.5 hours SoT on SD 820? I was hoping the N7 would magically be better than the s7 edge, but I guess spec's don't lie.
    Your summary does not at all reflect the reviews that I've seen, all of which have been glowing with praise.

MarqBland likes this.
    08-16-2016 11:13 AM
    Yeah, that was his own summery, not a summery of the reviews here.

dsignori likes this.
    08-16-2016 11:14 AM
    Despite the shortcomings I've listed, yes, at the high-level, almost all the reviews are very positive.

For instance every single review I've read/watched mentioned the battery life not being as good as the S7 edge. (Feel free to prove me wrong )
    08-16-2016 11:15 AM
    There's no proving to do. The S7e has a larger battery, combined with a smaller screen.

Premium1 likes this.
    08-16-2016 11:18 AM
    Before you say this is off topic in the Note 7 Forum, it's actually about the mr. Mobile review of the Note 7. In it, Michael Fisher mentions the Nexus fans who won't be satisfied with the interface on the Note 7. Then he says what is my favorite line from this video: "If you want stock Android... Truly running stock on a phone like this would be a waste." Almost sounds blasphemous, but I'm so glad he said it.
    How is it blasphemous? I mean, I use a 6P as my DD now and will do so for the foreseeable future and I'm not even the least bit tempted by a Note 7 and I will acknowledge that running a 'stock' ROM on a Note would be a waste... mostly due to the fact that you lose most all functionality on the hardware feature that, well, is really the main reason to buy a Note... the S-Pen. Other than the pen, the other additions are mostly fluff that people will use once or twice and forget it exists (even Samsung has admitted to this), but the S-Pen, and the software supporting it, change the equation.
    Kevin OQuinn likes this.
    08-16-2016 11:24 AM

For instance every single review I've read/watched mentioned the battery life not being as good as the S7 edge. (Feel free to prove me wrong )
    A/C and the Verge say it about the same.
    08-16-2016 11:26 AM
    Despite the shortcomings I've listed, yes, at the high-level, almost all the reviews are very positive.
    Yes, you did manage to leave that out I noticed... :-)

Pocket now: "The best of the best"

The Verge: " Samsung’s best device ever, and arguably the best big phone ever made"

Engadget: "
    Basically, this is the best phone Samsung has ever made."

They go on and on ..

08-16-2016 11:27 AM
    I see what he is saying... It's always been "this phone would be perfect with a stock Nexus build"... but, then it wouldn't be Note, would it?

(Although I am always for more bloat, don't get me wrong...)
    08-16-2016 11:28 AM
    Some like Nexus phones with how Google does it and updates... some like Samsung. I don't see how anyone is schooled for liking a product? Is it because you simply disagree that you think it was a "schooling" ?
    08-16-2016 11:31 AM
    It's what I love about Android. Something to fit every taste and lifestyle. I like choosing between so called "stock", and feature packed skins from Samsung or LG.

Neither is right or wrong if it enhances the phone in question.

Connert likes this.
    08-16-2016 11:39 AM

OK I'll accept that challenge. Android Central's own review here lists battery life as one of its "pros" in the pro and con list.

08-16-2016 11:39 AM

Where is the video?
    08-16-2016 11:44 AM
    Do a YouTube search for mr. Mobile

08-16-2016 11:50 AM
    TL;DR For All Reviews:

None of the reviews have said anything in your summary about any of that being accurate
    08-16-2016 11:52 AM
    Where is the video?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post5331982
    Preach2k likes this.
    08-16-2016 11:53 AM
    Funny how the MrMobile review has over 43,000 views, and android central video review only has over 1,500. LOL!!!!

Keep posting more pokemon stories!!
    08-16-2016 11:56 AM
    Can anybody suggest good written reviews. I don't like video
    08-16-2016 11:58 AM
    Summary average so far from every main media interview read so far (read ten of them):

1. Display great
    2. Speed fast
    3. Some usual lag events (Android is what it is)
    4. Bloat from carriers
    5. Battery life apparently good to very good- contrary to some assertions otherwise
    6. LTE signal is the X factor. Weak signal areas equals significantly less battery life.
    7. Pen function is better and more unified.
    8. So far no reports like with MXPE and the Moto Z that the device tends to run very warm to hot with heavier use.

The two things (usually the case) I have not found yet are sound quality from the 3.5mm jack and signal reception. Both usually are overlooked
    in most reviews.
    recDNA likes this.
    08-16-2016 11:59 AM
    Funny how the MrMobile review has over 43,000 views, and android central video review only has over 1,500. LOL!!!!

Keep posting more pokemon stories!!
    Does it matter?
    08-16-2016 12:06 PM
    Yeah It seems a lot more reviews came out. I am so happy. Now I can't wait for my phone.
    08-16-2016 12:08 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, the Note 7 has the highest cellphone review score ever on The Verge.
    08-16-2016 12:11 PM
    08-16-2016 12:12 PM
169 1234 ...