Galaxy Note 7 Reviews Are Up

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 7 Reviews Are Up

If I'm not mistaken, the Note 7 has the highest cellphone review score ever on The Verge.

Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate. That's what Samsung will be singing- all the way to the bank.

Added: I joke, since like different perspective. All except the infamous app load / lag comparisons. No offence to folks. but that is essentially Fool's Gold. Android is what it is in that regard.

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site

When you say the display and camera are marginally better, understand that means they're improvements upon the best. So that's a HUGE plus. We're not going to see a dramatic increase in either of those two things.

That's precisely what I was getting at...

Both the camera and display being marginally better is a great thing. In both of those areas I'd already consider them best-in-class already for the S7. But they aren't anything to write home about comparing the N7 and S7...it's a bigger change if we're comparing the Note 5.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

He helped me out. Seems like a solid upgrade from my note 4. Nothing there I couldn't live with.

My largest concern is the non replaceable battery and the overall lack of a risky innovation attempt.

seems a great upgrade from note 4.

those worried about non removeable maybe get the battery pack that gives you 80% from 0%.

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site

Sadly, anandtech is one of the few sites that really gets nitty gritty with all the technical bits. Their reviews are very detailed, and usually factual. But their opinions are usually slightly biased.

Last edited:

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Well, just going by the summary I think they give it high marks as a smartphone... but comparing against the S7 Edge, that's where they get really nitpicky and basically saying, "Why?" when you have an S7 edge already and worth the $850 premium for the additional S-pen.

Don't get me wrong... the Note is on the top of my list of replacements... last few phones after my iPhone 4S has been Nexus 4, LG G2, LG G3 but when that broke I have been using a loaner Iphone 6 from work before deciding to shell out full price for my next phone.

They nitpicked how the next Note hopefully looks different from the S series and nitpicked the placement of some ports lol... But I think they were probably not liking the fact they were bringing the Note 7 inline with the S series maybe? Maybe even watered it down a bit because the battery is in between the S7 and Edge...

The Note to me looks like it is marketed as a top power user phone they have... bigger screen and smaller battery over the S7 Edge... but the Edge seems to be the power user phone over Note if you don't care for the S-pen. It would have been nice if they went mongo with the battery and went 4000+

It really is hard to plop $850 for it... luckily I just found out I can get it for $600 through my company so it makes it more comfortable for me.

people should ignore all reviews from that place. Apple homer site thats all that site is. Their samsung reviews are rather embarrassing.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

If I'm not mistaken, the Note 7 has the highest cellphone review score ever on The Verge.

Yup...you are correct. Most have scored it the best reviewed Android phone.

There is never going to be a "perfect" phone. It's kind of like people that vote for the MLB HOF. No one ever gets into the HOF on 100% of the ballots the 1st time. There are just some that don't believe in it. So you're never going to get a 100% concensous. I find many of those who call themselves "experts" on mobile devices are just pretenous glorified bloggers that need to be "right" with their reviews. No one is ever "right". It's all about how people perceive something and everyone is different.

Reading and watching all these reviews I can tell you the vast majority were glowing.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

Seems from a few of the benchmarks that they tweaked the snapdragons performance compared to the s7. So that's a bit of relief for those of us getting the snapdragon variant

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Sadly, anandtech is one of the few sites that really gets nitty gritty with all the technical bits. Their reviews are very detailed, and usually factual. But their opinions are usually slightly biased.

Very true. They are quite technical - overly technical for me. When I need to know some technical piece of info, that is the place to look. When I want opinions on real world use, I would probably look at a few other places before there.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Very true. They are quite technical - overly technical for me. When I need to know some technical piece of info, that is the place to look. When I want opinions on real world use, I would probably look at a few other places before there.

AnandTech's biggest beef with the phone is the price for what you get. If you're not sold on the S-Pen, then their opinion is you're probably better served by a Galaxy S7 Edge, maybe even a used one. It's a fair criticism in my mind.

That said, this is the first Samsung phone I've considered picking up since the OG Galaxy. I'll wait to see how the new Nexus phones compare and if a truly unlocked/un-carriered N7 is coming, but color me impressed by the N7 (and yes, I would use the S-Pen so that price premium over the Edge doesn't bother me like it bothers AnandTech).

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

Like others here I always like Floss Carter and Erica Griffen's reviews the best. And of course Mr Mobile. Those are the only three I really trust. All the others are just time fillers.