09-09-2016 02:56 PM
169 ... 4567
tools
    You disagree that it's the best, even though you don't have it, it is unreleased, and not in the public hands yet? His words were "It is plenty fast today, but I worry about tomorrow". This is not a cause for concern, at all, for me. 1 reviewer's " wondering about the future" should not cause concern IMO
    I disagree because I'm sorry I can't call Samsungs take on Android, android. For me it isn't. Kill me bash me hate me. But I've used 4 Samsung flaships which I love. Ive used 2 nexus flagships which I've loved. 2 HTC flagships which I've loved. One song flagship which I've loved. The experience is different with nexus HTC and Sony as compared to Samsung. It just is.

For me at least, Samsung isn't android. Samsung is Samsung. Which isn't a bad thing. Some people love it. But calling it the best of android isn't doing Google justice. They worked hard on implementing material design and made android simple with a continuous design and user language throughout the UI. Samsung didn't adopt any of that. They haven't yet. And i don't appreciate that.

Yes Samsung is android because of the flexibility. But thats just it. Samsung isn't the best of android. I choose the best of android from non-samsung devices. I still love Samsung for what it is. But again... Cant call it the best of android.
    petvas72 likes this.
    08-17-2016 03:11 PM
    I like stock Android, or near stock. I am switching to the HTC 10, from a Nexus 6P. I never really consider Samsung, mainly because of its software. I do not like gimmicky software. I prefer lightweight software, and a company that will give me timely updates, like HTC.
    I also like to support HTC instead of Samsung. Samsung doesn't need me. HTC needs every single supporter out there. I do not want to see them gone.
    08-17-2016 03:22 PM
    I disagree because I'm sorry I can't call Samsungs take on Android, android. For me it isn't. Kill me bash me hate me. But I've used 4 Samsung flaships which I love. Ive used 2 nexus flagships which I've loved. 2 HTC flagships which I've loved. One song flagship which I've loved. The experience is different with nexus HTC and Sony as compared to Samsung. It just is.

For me at least, Samsung isn't android. Samsung is Samsung. Which isn't a bad thing. Some people love it. But calling it the best of android isn't doing Google justice. They worked hard on implementing material design and made android simple with a continuous design and user language throughout the UI. Samsung didn't adopt any of that. They haven't yet. And i don't appreciate that.

Yes Samsung is android because of the flexibility. But thats just it. Samsung isn't the best of android. I choose the best of android from non-samsung devices. I still love Samsung for what it is. But again... Cant call it the best of android.
    I feel the exact opposite. I see stock Android as being basic and dull compared to HTC or Samsung. In the case of Samsung, their phones are packed with features and represent the best of what Android is capable of. The Note 7 is a power users dream. Yes, the battery isn't removable, but the amount of things you can do with the Note 7 is incredible and can't be done using stock Android.
    recDNA likes this.
    08-17-2016 03:43 PM
    Not to mention, we are all pretty capable to read the reviews ourselves and draw our own conclusions.

I don't need cliffnotes.

Speaking of which, I really love how detailed most of these reviews are. I'm surprised how many new features this phone has that I didn't know.

Posted via the Android Central App
    In fairness I asked for written reviews. I don't like video reviews
    08-17-2016 04:12 PM

I have the exact opposite opinion (which is the key word here). So when you say you can't call it "the best of Android", what you mean is that "you" wouldn't. Many would, including me. I find stock Android very very boring and lacking features which Samsung has had for years, right form the notification area on down. We all have our opinions I guess. That reviewer's happened to be that Samsung's version is , in fact, the best of Android ...
    08-17-2016 04:13 PM
    I have the exact opposite opinion (which is the key word here). So when you say you can't call it "the best of Android", what you mean is that "you" wouldn't. Many would, including me. I find stock Android very very boring and lacking features which Samsung has had for years, right form the notification area on down. We all have our opinions I guess. That reviewer's happened to be that Samsung's version is , in fact, the best of Android ...
    That's what I never get. Let's celebrate the choices of Android by making it more stock and more like iOS?

That's a complete contradiction.
    08-17-2016 04:27 PM
    Stock android in my opinion is boring and lacking good stuff that u can find on touchwiz, heck multiwindows been here for ages with sammy, yet not on stock android, many sammy features getting ported to android one way or the other.

As for reviews, i wonder how the battery will hold up vs S7E, some say 4 SOT some say 5hr sot, it all dependes on user.
    08-17-2016 04:28 PM
    Bloat still seems to be a problem. How can a company like Samsung allow carriers to wreck thier phones?

ogl > cal

I just went to the AT&T store and played with their display note. All of the AT&T apps and most of the Samsung ones can be straight up deleted now.
    donm527 likes this.
    08-17-2016 04:42 PM
    While I appreciate stock Android (I always buy every Nexus device every year/I'm typing this on a 6P), the attitude that most have who love it towards Samsung is amusing to me. A few years back with the S4/S5 and even the S6 to an extent, I could understand the dislike of TouchWiz as it pertains to speed and smoothness when compared to a Nexus. Every forum argument on the Samsung side generally involved this and clearly there was a distaste for their software.

Now? The argument generally relies on older problems Samsung had because the newest version of their software is a far cry from the TouchWiz of yesteryear. Not everyone is going to like it, but the age-old "Nexus is cleaner/faster/better" argument just doesn't work that well anymore.
    dsignori likes this.
    08-17-2016 04:44 PM
    Cnet Uk review gives it a 9.0

THE GOOD The Galaxy Note 7 is a beautiful, capable Android phone that showcases Samsung's best in design, battery life, speed and features. The 64GB base model leaves you plenty of space for photos, videos and games, and it's a real improvement over 2015's Note 5.

THE BAD It's pricier than almost every other Android phone, and a little heavy. After seven iterations, there are still minor problems writing with the S Pen stylus. Fine particles, like beach sand, can wedge the stylus in its holder.

THE BOTTOM LINE The Galaxy Note 7 is the best no-compromise, big-screen phone you can buy if price is no object. All but the most devoted stylus lovers, however, will do just as well with the cheaper S7 models.
    9.0 OVERALL
    DESIGN9.0
    FEATURES9.0
    PERFORMANCE8.0
    CAMERA9.0
    BATTERY 10.00
    Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review: The sexiest large-screen phone ever - CNET
    08-17-2016 11:12 PM
    Great review of a great smartphone !!
    Note 7 is no doubt the best smartphone in the world right now & it will remain so in the future :-)
    The only competitor for Note 7 will be Note 8 !!
    08-17-2016 11:22 PM
    'How to keep Note 7 in top performance and lag free'

Is a name of the thread. Created by an actual user. On these forums. You will see it in the list of threads. If you don't just scroll down a bit you'll find it.

The fact that this thread still exists in mid 2016 is mind boggling to me.

Like I said before, I love Sammy boy for what they do. They innovate and push boundaries. I agree. But they don't push the boundaries where Google is trying to do it. User experience.

I know I know. Talking in the Samsung forum I'm in an extreme minority. But i dont care. I stand by my statement. Samsung isn't android. Samsung is Samsung. I love Samsung. But i love android more.
    08-18-2016 02:15 AM
    'How to keep Note 7 in top performance and lag free'

Is a name of the thread. Created by an actual user. On these forums. You will see it in the list of threads. If you don't just scroll down a bit you'll find it.

The fact that this thread still exists in mid 2016 is mind boggling to me.

Like I said before, I love Sammy boy for what they do. They innovate and push boundaries. I agree. But they don't push the boundaries where Google is trying to do it. User experience.

I know I know. Talking in the Samsung forum I'm in an extreme minority. But i dont care. I stand by my statement. Samsung isn't android. Samsung is Samsung. I love Samsung. But i love android more.
    Samsung is pushing far more boundaries for user experience than Google is. The Note 7 is a perfect example of that. Samsung phones deliver an upgraded Android experience, not a downgraded one.
    SteelGator likes this.
    08-18-2016 02:28 AM
    The Verge says its better than the iPhone 6 Plus. Hell hath frozen over.
    Jaycemiskel likes this.
    08-18-2016 03:50 AM
    Since most people seem to think I'm making this up, despite pulling everything from reviews, are are some sources for y'all.

- Battery life is so-so, not as great as the s7 edge
    Samsung Galaxy Note7 review: Thinking Big - page 3 - GSMArena.com
    Battery Life and Charge Time - The Samsung Galaxy Note7 (S820) Review
    pocketnow
    Michael Fisher

- Camera quality is decent, marginally better than s7
    Samsung Galaxy Note7 review: Thinking Big - page 10 - GSMArena.com
    "Samsung has touched up the camera internals too so we think it offers slightly better image quality than the S7 duo"

- TW/Software isn't very fluid, looks like there are some dropped frames here and there
    Software UX: TouchWiz Redesigned - The Samsung Galaxy Note7 (S820) Review

- Audio quality through the 3.5mm jack is decent
    Samsung Galaxy Note7 review: Thinking Big - page 9 - GSMArena.com
    Michael Fisher
    Forum Posts on AC

- Display is marginally better than the s7/note 5
    Phonearena
    anandtech
    Displaymate

- Most benchmarks (but not all) are slightly below that of the s7
    System Performance - The Samsung Galaxy Note7 (S820) Review
    System Performance Cont'd and NAND Performance - The Samsung Galaxy Note7 (S820) Review
    Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Review - Edge Screen, S Pen Features and Performance

These are synthetic benchmarks so take it as you will.

- In-hand feel is vastly improved with the symmetric design'
    - S-Pen is a mixed bag but no reviewer has any major complaints; The argument here is whether or not it's useful, but that's dependent on individual needs

So dear Samsung fans, I am not intentionally bashing your phone. This was all from reviews. And in fact-90% of the tidbits I mentioned were positive.

Oh and yes, I like Samsung phones too with a preorder in for the N7. I'm just laying down what was posted already.
    I see what you're saying, but there is most definitely a negative connotation to what you have written.

So here is a summary of your word choices:

- Decent
    - Slightly
    - Marginally
    - So-so
    - Dropped

And of course a thrown in for good measure.

So, you come into a thread full of people who are excited for their new device and diminish it by using "small terms," and then play coy when met with aggression, which *thumbs through Hitchhiker's Guide To Trolling* by my calculations, puts you dangerously close to troll territory.
    08-18-2016 04:12 AM
    For the Verge to say it, yeah ... but so was the S7 Edge, HTC 10, S7, Nexus 6P, maybe the Note 5, Moto Z Force and possibly the OnePlus 3 and Axon 7. So those were missed chances.
    BearlyFloats and sulla1965 like this.
    08-18-2016 04:26 AM
    I have to admit, I do not like Samsung. I do not like their business ethics (or better say the lack of), I do not like the fact that their devices are too gimmicky.
    I recognize though that a lot of people like Samsung phones. I understand why this is happening. Samsung is very consumer oriented and it has a great marketing presence.
    Their last devices have a very good design, and offer great displays and cameras (but not to my liking. I prefer more realistic color reproduction).
    Their UI is similar to iOS. It is familiar to most people, and yet different.
    For me, Touchwiz is still a problem. I prefer the slickness of the HTC Sense, or of Stock Android.
    Having said that, the Note 7 is certainly a very good device and I am sure that people suited for the Samsung experience, will love it.
    It is certainly not the best phone out there. There is no such thing. The "best phone" is a personal, subjective view on the smartphone market. What is perfect for me, is most probably not good for others. It is good we all have choices.
    08-18-2016 04:49 AM
    Not trying to be sarcastic or a ****, but how does Google "push the boundaries" of "user experience" as opposed to Samsung? Seems to me that Samsung adds many, many things that actually improve the user experience from Google's stock version. I can certainly see the argument that Google's version of Android is more pure, but even with the next version I see it's adding a lot of things to Nougat that Samsung (and LG and Moto, etc.) have already added to its versions of Android.
    dsignori likes this.
    08-18-2016 06:40 AM
    Check back with them in late September when they'll certainly call the iPhone 7 (or whatever it will be named) the greatest invention in the history of mankind.
    dsignori likes this.
    08-18-2016 06:42 AM
    Their UI is similar to iOS.
    In no way is this true. Touchwiz is about as different from iOS as possible.
    08-18-2016 06:42 AM
    I have to admit, I do not like Samsung. I do not like their business ethics (or better say the lack of), I do not like the fact that their devices are too gimmicky.
    I recognize though that a lot of people like Samsung phones. I understand why this is happening. Samsung is very consumer oriented and it has a great marketing presence.
    Their last devices have a very good design, and offer great displays and cameras (but not to my liking. I prefer more realistic color reproduction).
    For me, Touchwiz is still a problem. I prefer the slickness of the HTC Sense, or of Stock Android.
    Having said that, the Note 7 is certainly a very good device and I am sure that people suited for the Samsung experience, will love it.
    It is certainly not the best phone out there. There is no such thing. The "best phone" is a personal, subjective view on the smartphone market. What is perfect for me, is most probably not good for others. It is good we all have choices.
    I don't really agree with any of this, except where you point out that Samsung is consumer oriented with very good design, and offer great displays and cameras.
    08-18-2016 06:45 AM
    I've yet to see a poor review anywhere to be honest. And I've handled a dummy unit and at the very least, I can say it is absolutely beautiful! As a few different reviewers have noted, it seems like the S7/Edge (an already pretty incredible phone) upgraded and with a couple extra significant features like the S Pen and the Iris Scanner.
    08-18-2016 07:09 AM
    Seems you would like the MXPE, since apparently has the most accurate color for display. Mine has been solid for a year.
    08-18-2016 08:26 AM
    Samsung could make their UI as flawless as possible, as smooth as possible, and I'm convinced there would still be people who come on here claiming stock or Sense is "slicker" or faster. If you're still on that bandwagon in 2016 when TouchWiz is not nearly the chaotic mess it once was, you're behind the times. The S and Note lines aren't for everyone, but if your main reason for not liking these devices is because of TouchWiz then you're stuck in 2014 and I feel bad for you.
    08-18-2016 08:35 AM
    Not trying to be sarcastic or a ****, but how does Google "push the boundaries" of "user experience" as opposed to Samsung? Seems to me that Samsung adds many, many things that actually improve the user experience from Google's stock version. I can certainly see the argument that Google's version of Android is more pure, but even with the next version I see it's adding a lot of things to Nougat that Samsung (and LG and Moto, etc.) have already added to its versions of Android.
    You're right. Google is behind Samsung and other OEMs when it comes to number of features. Its only catching up. But the word you used; pure android. It doesn't only mean that there is no skin over it or anything. Pure android shows the direction and innovation of Google and what they want android to become. Who knows there audience better is up for debate. But Google is aiming for coherent design language and usability. Through their apps and their OS. They're adding features slowly, yes, that isn't good for the consumer. But they still are.

It takes a lot of expertise to innovate in design and usability keeping function as good as possible. And Google is doing that with every update.

Samsung only adopts the functionality part of their innovation and ignores everything else; design, coherence throughout the UI, continuity and etc. These things are Google's main strengths.

Anyways. This would be my last post in this thread. What I'm saying is a little complicated and useless to debate here. Most people don't care about the hard work Google is putting into. And i understand. Ive just used so many phones now that I've started to pick up stuff which a common user don't understand or doesn't need to understand.

Peace.
    sangs and petvas72 like this.
    08-18-2016 12:39 PM
169 ... 4567