Galaxy Note 7 Reviews Are Up

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 7 Reviews Are Up

The Verge loves it.

"its best phone ever"

"The Note 7 is Samsung’s best device ever, and arguably the best big phone ever made"

"The Note 7’s combination of metal and glass, symmetrical sides, and rounded corners make it the nicest-looking phone I’ve ever laid eyes on"

Nanope

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Bloat still seems to be a problem. How can a company like Samsung allow carriers to wreck thier phones?

ogl > cal

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

It's funny. Unless its a Nexus, AP's reviews of Smartphones - and Samsung phones in particular - have always struck me as being like that kid in school who is "too cool" to like the things that are popular. Not that this initial "review" is all that bad, it just something I've noticed with AP over the years.

I really love AP, and I read them daily. They just have an inherent bias toward "pure" Android - which I do not share - and it really seems that if a device is so popular, they go out of their way to try to highlight any small negative. I never take their phone reviews too seriously, but I do read and love all their other articles.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

Umm did you not read the pros and cons? I'm not blasting the phone but bloat is bloat. End of story

ogl > cal

I think he was referring to your use of the word "wreck". That word implies the phone is unusable.

Posted via the Android Central App

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Bloat still seems to be a problem. How can a company like Samsung allow carriers to wreck thier phones?

ogl > cal

Turn it off then :) Even the Note 4 has this option, or use package disabler. The actual storage taken up by these varmints is a few hundred megs and most of that can be uninstalled. At least you could with the Note 4 and 5.

Not seeing this as a sticking problem, but one that can be quelled.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

Mr. Mobile mentioned that the software did bog down a bit after heavy use. Said it made him worry about how the software is going to age.

He continued with saying that it isn't a deal breaker. But really, Samsung? It's 2016. Ive had so many Samsung phones and it didn't really bother me. The RAM management hasn't been good. From the look of things it isn't good still. Check out C4eTech. Ive ignored their software quirks everytime. I can ignore them still.

But really, Samsung?
If the 'Best of android' (which I completely disagree with) is bogging down after heavy use then perhaps we will never be able to get on top of stock android or iPhone users.

Samsung makes me feel embarrassed being an android fanboy.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Mr. Mobile mentioned that the software did bog down a bit after heavy use. Said it made him worry about how the software is going to age.

He continued with saying that it isn't a deal breaker. But really, Samsung? It's 2016. Ive had so many Samsung phones and it didn't really bother me. The RAM management hasn't been good. From the look of things it isn't good still. Check out C4eTech. Ive ignored their software quirks everytime. I can ignore them still.

But really, Samsung?
If the 'Best of android' (which I completely disagree with) is bogging down after heavy use then perhaps we will never be able to get on top of stock android or iPhone users.

Samsung makes me feel embarrassed being an android fanboy.

Linking the review for reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZSoeqVWdl0

That's one thing that has bothered me on Samsung phones and the early indications were that this wouldn't be a problem. Just curious, does anyone know if the S7 Edge had these issues?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

If the 'Best of android' (which I completely disagree with) ..

You disagree that it's the best, even though you don't have it, it is unreleased, and not in the public hands yet? His words were "It is plenty fast today, but I worry about tomorrow". This is not a cause for concern, at all, for me. 1 reviewer's " wondering about the future" should not cause concern IMO

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam