Which US Carrier has the least amount of Bloatware? T-Mobile?

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
So I usually don't get carrier phones, but my current phone's USB port is slowly dying and the Note 7 being round the corner is probably going to be my next phone.

I'm with AT&T, I have no qualms about switching providers ... I think T-Mobile has the least amount of bloat, but I'm not certain. How many apps does T-Mobile put on their Galaxy phones?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Depends on how you define bloatware. I think it's approximately AT&T is worse than Verizon is equal to TMobile is worse than Sprint, but not totally sure. Sprint is a bit of a non-starter.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Depends on how you define bloatware. I think it's approximately AT&T is worse than Verizon is equal to TMobile is worse than Sprint, but not totally sure. Sprint is a bit of a non-starter.

How else is bloatware to be defined? Bloatware is any app that the carrier puts on the phone that the manufacturer didn't.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
How else is bloatware to be defined? Bloatware is any app that the carrier puts on the phone that the manufacturer didn't.

I consider some OEM installed apps to be bloatware, all carrier apps except those necessary to have functionality (wifi calling, etc). Everyone has different levels of tolerances for stuff that's not stock.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
On the Verizon s7 edge, you were able to flash the unlocked firmware. Can't say that it would happen on the note 7 though...

Feech

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It's been damn near 4 years since I bought a Sprint phone but I the last one I bought I think damn near had nothing.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
To add to that I personally consider ugly carrier logos also bloat

Luckily T-Mobile isn't branding the Note 7. I just checked it out at their store, I think they have like 5 or 6 carrier specific apps bundled. I was going to wait for Unlocked, but honestly I need a new phone soon. So I just pre-ordered it.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Luckily T-Mobile isn't branding the Note 7. I just checked it out at their store, I think they have like 5 or 6 carrier specific apps bundled. I was going to wait for Unlocked, but honestly I need a new phone soon. So I just pre-ordered it.

Yeah good choice, I'm also on T-Mobile. They are the next best to unbranded version.

seanmten

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
My note 5 on AT&T had a ton of pre installed apps that couldn't be removed aside from disabling them. This even included a yellowpages app if I recall. A lot of them were there to advertise their paid apps like navigator, caller ID and family locator.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
sprint comes with a few, sprint tv, nascar, their app store. and sprint zone(bills and usage)

I use package disabler pro (samsung) to remove anything i dont want. like facebook apps that now come preinstalled on phones

wish sprint would offer nfl access like verizon. o well

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
As a previous poster mentioned, Package Disabler Pro is the antidote for Samsung owners that can't/won't root, but want total control over bloatware.

It's a brilliant app that just takes this issue off the table.

Just buy it and be done.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
For me yes that's what it means. Man you're just reminding me how much junk AT&T puts on their phones and on the G3 how you couldn't uninstall ANY of it. You could only disable it... and it was a TON! Yelp!, Yellow Pages?!, AT&T crap like locker and navigation and it goes on and on.

Definitely loved pure Android with my N4 and you have to give kudos to Apple for telling the carriers to bug off from touching their OS. Even iOS 10 beta I'm playing with on my iPad they've added the ability to delete most of the preloaded apps finally.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
As a previous poster mentioned, Package Disabler Pro is the antidote for Samsung owners that can't/won't root, but want total control over bloatware.

It's a brilliant app that just takes this issue off the table.

Just buy it and be done.

I've never used this app but am pretty curious about it for my Note 7. Does it keep bloatware/unwanted system apps disabled even through OTAs?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo