Which US Carrier has the least amount of Bloatware? T-Mobile?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Plus AT&T & Verizon put their logo on it & T-Mobile doesn't (haven't seen Note 7 but pretty sure they don't)

That part never bothered me. A logo on the back is just w/e to me. There are logos on my clothes, cars, fridges, etc. etc. --- A phone isn't different to me.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
lol logos. Don't buy carrier phones if it bothers you enough to whine about it. nbd

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon was horrible. Verizon apps, plus random games, a bunch of Amazon stuff.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
On my LGV10 / Verizon I have the following disabled, not exactly sure how this translates over to Samsung / Verizon. I think I completely un-installed some bloat too, I don't remember what they were though. Overall Verizon bloatware is not that bad. The MyVerizon data usage widget and Message+ bloat apps are really good.

Amazon (App was constantly running in the background and depleting battery excessively. I access Amazon through browser)
Amazon Kindle (No need for this, would randomly deplete my battery in the background)
Android Pay (No need for this, would randomly deplete my battery in the background)
Verizon cloud (No need for this, would randomly deplete my battery in the background)
Cloud Print (No need for this)
go90 (Verizon mal-ware, google it for details, delete / uninstall if at all possible)
Google play movies & TV ((No need for this, would randomly deplete my battery in the background))
Google play music ((No need for this, would randomly deplete my battery in the background))
Hangouts (Useless and un-needed)
LG OEM Music player (doesn't play ALAC lossless audio)
NFL Mobile (I have better ways to get my updates)
Slacker Radio (No need for this, would constantly deplete my battery in the background)
ThinkFree viewer (Useless and un-needed)

[EDIT]
Now I remember, it was Facebook that came bloated... deleted that POS after trying 2-3 app stoppers like Shutapp and Greenify they couldn't throttle it down. FB was always running in the background and draining my battery at ~10-15%. Drove me nuts, made me feel like I was back on an iPhone and the Borg collective was in control!!

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Not ALL. I wanted it off when I was on Verizon.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Well .. nothing is life is EVERYONE but I was speaking for the majority .. I think many could understand what I meant ;). It is a safe thing to say a TON of people like the NFL here in the US.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
That is correct.

I went to the AT&T store yesterday. Unfortunately, they didn't have one on display. But I did play around with the S7 edge that was on display, and the bloatware there was not removable.

You're positive it's removable on the Note 7? Odd decision to start with the Note 7, but that's definitely the right direction. I wonder if they'll ever push more bloat via OTA update?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Since were on the topic anyways, my fave media for NFL on the go is AM Radio (or iHeart Radio stream)... at least in the bay area. I am HUGE 9er and Raiders fan, since I was 8 years old in 1979. Some of the most amazing calls in sports history were broadcast over AM radio.

I am lucky in the bay area to have Ted Robinson on 49er radio, and Greg papa on the Raiders AM broadcasts. Two of the absolute best play by play guys in sports... IMHO.

Ted is in Rio now doing the summer games.

"!!! TOUCHDOOOOOOWWWWNNNN RRRRRRRAAAAAIDERSSS !!!!

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Well just got back from the AT&T store.

Not all the bloat (and my god, there's a lot!) can be uninstalled, most can only be disabled.

I'm just going to switch to T-Mobile, been contemplating the move for a while now. BingeOn will be nice for roadtrips in the car (something I do a lot of).

I suppose most consumers don't care about these things but AT&T's insistence to use my phone as an ad for their DirectTV (it's a system app lol) just lost them a customer.

Squeeze Play

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Lol, that sucks for you. Coverage is pretty much excellent regardless of carrier where I live, let's me switch carrier as I please.

My point was that a lot of folks choose their carrier on unimportant things when they should be more concerned about their carrier's coverage. My area is pretty well covered by the major players.

mistic99

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I checked on out at TMobile and Facebook, Instagram and Amazon were pre-installed along with the usual TMobile/Google stuff.

Posted via the Android Central App

Versed

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
If it was possible to buy (in the US) and warrantied version of the Note 7, from Samsung or reliable re seller like B&H or Best Buy like in the S7's I would. I don't root my phone's, but would prefer not to have carrier bloatware, so disabling these offensive apps what I'm going to have to do. In other words, I don't care to get an import version of the Note 7 for that reason.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
If it was possible to buy (in the US) and warrantied version of the Note 7, from Samsung or reliable re seller like B&H or Best Buy like in the S7's I would. I don't root my phone's, but would prefer not to have carrier bloatware, so disabling these offensive apps what I'm going to have to do. In other words, I don't care to get an import version of the Note 7 for that reason.
Yup, I just went with the T-Mobile version. It's been great so far. Disabling works fine, not like you can recover that storage anyway.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Gotta say, I was a bit surprised at the lack of bloat on mine (vzw)... there's bloat, but not what I was expecting...

Seems like a lot less than the last 3 vzw phones I've had, and way less than my last sprint phone (HTC evo 4g)

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the AT&T model and yeah there is quite a bit of bloat, but thankfully all of it except one app (usage manager) can be disabled. I'm just glad AT&T didn't screw with the UI of the phone like the Verizon model (changed settings app, removed device management features etc). I really don't want a carrier deciding how the UI should look.

ifcbGi1.jpg

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
B&h should sell it