Underwater Review of the Galaxy Note 7 (VIDEO)

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Well before all the party poopers come in saying everything negative under the sun or reminding you that, "your device is electronic, and you shouldn't do this" blah blah blah, lemme say...

This video is freakin awesome!

QBert

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah pretty cool it can do this - the water resistance is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to this phone. I have 2 little kids and this will be great to take pictures and videos of them in and around the pool without worrying about getting the phone wet.

This was probably shot in a chlorinated pool and did fine. Does anyone know if salt water/ocean affects the water resistance?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah pretty cool it can do this - the water resistance is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to this phone. I have 2 little kids and this will be great to take pictures and videos of them in and around the pool without worrying about getting the phone wet.

This was probably shot in a chlorinated pool and did fine. Does anyone know if salt water/ocean affects the water resistance?

Not recommended to use it near salt water, as the salt will affect the seals on any equipment not just this water resistant phones. But, I had a S5 when I went to San Francisco in 2014, and taking the Alcatraz Tour while on the boat I was taking pictures and videos and there was this wave that basically soaked me like if I just took a dive. If I remember correctly the S5 was IP67 not IP68 and there was no issues with it, I just waited until I arrived to the island and went to a restroom and put the phone under running water so it cleaned every salt residue from it, the phone never showed any issues of effects because of it.

monkeypimp

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Does water damage void the warranty? I read that somewhere but it doesn't seem to make sense that it would since they are saying it is water resistant.