Is the Note 7 worth upgrading to from the Note 4?

catloverplayer

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I just wondered what everyone's thoughts were on the Note 7 being a worthwhile upgrade from the Note 4.

I still use my Note 4 from T-Mobile, but I'll be done with the EIP payments in December, so that could be a good time for me to get the Note 7. I am really interested in it, but the price is the only downside in my mind. The price really is the only thing that might make me consider waiting a while before upgrading.

What do people think of the Note 7 when comparing it with the Note 4?
My Note 4 still works well for me (not sluggish, the battery life is sufficient for me), but I really am interested in the Note 7. The new design looks very attractive and of course it would be nice to get a spec bump.

Yes it's a major upgrade from the Note 4.

catloverplayer

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I just wondered what everyone's thoughts were on the Note 7 being a worthwhile upgrade from the Note 4.

I still use my Note 4 from T-Mobile, but I'll be done with the EIP payments in December, so that could be a good time for me to get the Note 7. I am really interested in it, but the price is the only downside in my mind. The price really is the only thing that might make me consider waiting a while before upgrading.

What do people think of the Note 7 when comparing it with the Note 4?
My Note 4 still works well for me (not sluggish, the battery life is sufficient for me), but I really am interested in the Note 7. The new design looks very attractive and of course it would be nice to get a spec bump.

I am currently using the Note 4 and my contract was originally up in Sept. I paid off the phone early to be able to get the upgrade.

I use my stylus 365 and between that and the water/dust resistant, to me it's worth it. having kiddos and roommates, I also look forward to the locked folder. and I can't wait for the Themes and icon packs!

I enjoy the themes on the Note 5 and can imagine they will look even better on the Note 7.

BrockS.

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
A 4 to a 7 I think is a decent "upgrade" assuming you are not dependent on some of the software/hardware options you would lose like the IR blaster. Jumping from a 5 to a 7 on the other hand is where I would have (and am having) a bit of trouble.

Posted

Tech2011

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
A 4 to a 7 I think is a decent "upgrade" assuming you are not dependent on some of the software/hardware options you would lose like the IR blaster. Jumping from a 5 to a 7 on the other hand is where I would have (and am having) a bit of trouble.

Posted

Yeah it makes sense that upgrading from the Note 4 to the Note 7 would be a bigger change than upgrading from the 5 to the 7.
Thankfully I haven't ever had a use for the IR blaster, so the lack of that feature certainly isn't a deal breaker for me.

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
For me, the Note 7 is superior to the Note 4 in all aspects except one - no bubblegum pink color option. If Samsung released a bubblegum pink Note 7 in the USA like they do in Asia, I probably would've preordered it.

Until another pink Note comes out, my wifey is sticking to her bubblegum pink Note 4 910C. 😂

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I do the monthly and its 7.00 more. But its a powerhouse and well worth the upgrade from my Note 4. I am very excited to get my blue beauty

Posted via the Android Central App

paul87russell

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
[FONT=&]It's up to you to decide what is of value to you of course. For me, I would but each person has to judge what value it provide. Note 7 improvements over the Note 4 are:[/FONT]
[FONT=&]- 64GB base storage
[/FONT]
- IP68 Water Resistance
[FONT=&]- Way better and faster Camera. [/FONT][FONT=&]Better FFC as well, wide angle and low-light. [/FONT][FONT=&] Better camera software, fast launcher (double-tap home button is great).
[/FONT]
- Bigger Battery
- Much better fingerprint scanner --> Samsung Pay
- Faster Processor, faster GPU
- More RAM
[FONT=&]- Improved display in every area
[/FONT]
- Built in Wireless charging and fast wireless charging *
[FONT=&]- Awesome new power-saving modes with customizable Display resolutions (can take it down to 1080 or 720p, can lower CPU usage, etc)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]- Always on Display with 3rd Party notifications[/FONT]
[FONT=&]- Improved S-Pen goodness (Improved screen-off memos, Glance PiP, auto-GIFs, etc)[/FONT]
[FONT=&]- Dual auto-brightness sensors[/FONT]
[FONT=&]- Iris Scanner (if you care, I don't)[/FONT]
[FONT=&]- USB-C[/FONT]
[FONT=&]- Gorilla Glass 5[/FONT]
[FONT=&]- MIMO 4 x 4 potentially[/FONT]
[FONT=&]- Secure Folders[/FONT]

And as a bonus:
[FONT=&]- Freebies at purchase, like a 256gb sd card or Gear Fit 2[/FONT]

* Edit: Added Fast wireless charging

Also, A/C just did an article on it . And there is another post about it here:

Wish the freebies here were a gear fit 2 also.. they're offering the lens cover kit freebie here in sg.

eeyore6802

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
What are your opinions with the 4 vs the 7 with battery life? I'm a decently heavy user and have 2 spare batteries to swap around on the 4. With no removable battery on the 7, this is the biggest thing holding me and concerning me on the 7. Plus at a point if the battery starts 'going bad' after a lot of use, your forced to e eventually needing a new phone.

Tech2011

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
What are your opinions with the 4 vs the 7 with battery life? I'm a decently heavy user and have 2 spare batteries to swap around on the 4. With no removable battery on the 7, this is the biggest thing holding me and concerning me on the 7. Plus at a point if the battery starts 'going bad' after a lot of use, your forced to e eventually needing a new phone.

This is a reasonable concern that I share, but I think that if the battery going bad was a big issue, I think we would have known about it from people who bought the S6 and S7 - both of which have their batteries sealed in.

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
The shift to the Note 7 from the Note 4 is a tremendous upgrade. For example, the Note 7 ends the lag problem and presents a marvelous shrunken profile in the hand.

Despite the improvements I personally belive the Note 4, and particularly the Note 3, were the true advances in the Note line. I have toyed with the idea returning to the Note 4 because of the batteries. The thing is a tank. Slug that I am, however, I'm purchasing the Note 7 tomarrow--mostly because I never fell in love with the Note 5. Doesn't make any sense but I'm a creature of Samsung owing to the S pen and will move on. But, jeezus, the Korean habit of eliminating useful features like mhl and the ir blaster baffle me.