I have never participated in a pre order before. What are the chances of us being able to actually get our gifts? Not sure how many people pre ordered the note 7...but I feel as if 250,000 of each gift really isnt that much... have they ran out in previous promos?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-16-2016 10:24 PM
    I only remember them running out of the vr when the s7 came out. You were still able to get it but had to wait until they had more inventory. I think we will all have a good chance of getting our gift. Just fill out the information as soon as you get your phone!!
    08-16-2016 10:48 PM
    I have never participated in a pre order before. What are the chances of us being able to actually get our gifts? Not sure how many people pre ordered the note 7...but I feel as if 250,000 of each gift really isnt that much... have they ran out in previous promos?

That was an obscure number. The fine print also says that it's up to Samsung discretion to give out more prizes if they feel like it, which means they probably will so I wouldn't be worried. Just fill out your form immediately. You'll be able to do it straight from your phone.
    08-17-2016 03:54 AM
    Don't forget the receipt has to be uploaded electronically also....
    08-17-2016 04:18 AM
    You should be okay if you get the phone within the first week or two.
    08-17-2016 07:50 AM

I don't think you have much to worry about. While Samsung and the carriers want to hype that they are selling a ton of the Note7 (for a variety of reasons including getting bandwagon and people who want the latest new thing) its highly unlikely that they would sell 250,000 let alone 500,000 of them early on. Some people will wait to see how non-reviewer reviews and testing goes before buying, and a ton of people will forget to submit (or give up in frustration at submitting) for their free item (that's why companies have these online forms and mail-in-rebate forms, because they know lots of people will not go through with them). Also this promotion isn't open to the world. In the UK they get a free new Gear VR instead of the watch or memory chip.

The fine print also says that it's up to Samsung discretion to give out more prizes if they feel like it.
    It also says they could give customers a $100 gift card if they run out of the promotional prizes. I doubt many people here would want that over the memory chip or watch.
    08-17-2016 08:21 AM
    If this promo is handled the same way the S7 promo was handled. Then I'd suggest you get your claim in as soon as you get the phone.... a lot of people that waited a few days before submitting for S7 promo got screwed. They received VR sets instead of the S2 watch they requested...

I was one of the ones that actually got the watch, although it did take almost 2 months to get
    08-17-2016 09:23 AM
    As has been mentioned.... you'll eventually get whatever gift you choose, regardless of immediate inventory. As was the case with previous promos.
    08-17-2016 09:26 AM
    Don't forget the receipt has to be uploaded electronically also....
    One of reasons went with Best Buy, since nothing to fill out and wait weeks for delivery. 256GB card is ready for pick up with order on 8/19.
    keepnitreel likes this.
    08-17-2016 09:37 AM
    I'll be sure to put mine in the second I power up the phone.
    08-17-2016 09:38 AM
    I don't think you have much to worry about. While Samsung and the carriers want to hype that they are selling a ton of the Note7 (for a variety of reasons including getting bandwagon and people who want the latest new thing) its highly unlikely that they would sell 250,000 let alone 500,000 of them early on. Some people will wait to see how non-reviewer reviews and testing goes before buying, and a ton of people will forget to submit (or give up in frustration at submitting) for their free item (that's why companies have these online forms and mail-in-rebate forms, because they know lots of people will not go through with them). Also this promotion isn't open to the world. In the UK they get a free new Gear VR instead of the watch or memory chip.

It also says they could give customers a $100 gift card if they run out of the promotional prizes. I doubt many people here would want that over the memory chip or watch.
    Its not physical inventory that is the limit, its budgeted promotional cost. They budget a certain number to be given out as a promotional cost against the release of the new device, and when those allocated units are gone, they are gone. They may physically run out of stock, and keep sending them out once they get into stock, but once that magic budgeted number runs out, its over.
    keepnitreel likes this.
    08-17-2016 10:19 AM