Exporting Chrome Bookmarks to Samsung Internet

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
For those who are keen (or paranoid about their browsing habits) and want to try the integrated webpage opening etc with the Iris scanner on the Note 7 some good news!

Google has (finally) released its bookmark export facility It is available in the chrome Web store. It is called Samsung Sync. Using it you can export your open tabs and Bookmarks from chrome to the native Samsung Internet.

"Samsung Sync
Samsung Sync is PC extension for enabling the seamless transfer of opened Tabs and Bookmarks across Samsung browser on mobile. The PC Browser extension is available for Windows, Linux and Mac. Synced browser data gets stored in Samsung's secured SCloud service."

Last edited:

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I did the export with "samsung sync" on my S6. Works seamlessly. Quite impressed with the improvements in the Samsung Internet app.

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Edit: NM just noticed it did sync onto the phone, thanks!

Is this supposed to be able to export your chrome bookmarks to the samsung browser? I can't get that to work. Installed the chrome extensions but when I hit the sync button it shows no bookmarks. It seems like its just trying to import bookmarks from the samsung browser to chrome, not the other way around.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Is this supposed to be able to export your chrome bookmarks to the samsung browser? I can't get that to work. Installed the chrome extensions but when I hit the sync button it shows no bookmarks. It seems like its just trying to import bookmarks from the samsung browser to chrome, not the other way around.

I am noticing the same thing, and I have the same question ..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463