How good is the Note 7 as a point-and-shoot camera?

Robert de Graaff

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Looking for opinions on this particular usage scenario. My wife uses her phone professionally, and although she uses a DSLR for serious work, she does use her phone for point-and-shoot work (Instagram, etc.). She's currently on a Nexus 5 which is insufficient and she's looking at the Note 7. How good is the camera for speed and ease of use? ;)

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Looking for opinions on this particular usage scenario. My wife uses her phone professionally, and although she uses a DSLR for serious work, she does use her phone for point-and-shoot work (Instagram, etc.). She's currently on a Nexus 5 which is insufficient and she's looking at the Note 7. How good is the camera for speed and ease of use? ;)

I think, most, if not all of us, mere mortal, can't answer that yet as the only Note 7 on the streets right now are for reviewers or just Samsung or Carrier's employees and I don't see too many of them posting around here.

BUT, the Camera and sensor on the Note 7 is the same than the one on the S7 and S7 edge so taking that in consideration, the camera is basically universally acclaimed as the best on the market for any phone right now. Camera speed is one of it's best features, just double click the home button and it opens and it's ready to shoot in about a second.

Do a google search for Galaxy S7 or S7 edge camera and you will have your answers about the Note 7's one.

Last edited:

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Only your wife can say if it's good enough.

It will be as good as most of the standard P&S cameras our there and more convenient. But it won't be as good as your large sensor P&S cameras, such as the Sony rx100 or Canon G7x

It will definitely be worlds better than her Nexus though, I'll guarantee it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Camera speed... It is very fast, fastest in the market. Software is easy to use for me, but have your wife go to the store and try it out to make sure it works for you

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I had the Nexus 5 and that camera was definitely the weakest part of the device. I then got the Note 4 and that camera was WAY better than the Nexus 5. The Note 7 is way better than the Note 4's camera, so I can say she'll be pleasantly surprised. But as far as whether it's good enough for what she needs, I have no idea.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

I went into the future, 10 days from today, to see what kind of shots I got... They're great!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs