09-02-2016 03:38 PM
253 ... 45678 ...
tools
    anyone get best buy to release a phone today?
    Nope, several people have tried and all were turned away. They are being strict.
    08-18-2016 02:04 PM
    I'm gonna try at my local Best Buy in about 2 hours. I'll update here.
    08-18-2016 02:10 PM
    I had a mild panic a bit ago.

I received a 'failed authorization' text from BestBuy and a 'declined/anti-fraud" text from Bank of America (there is absolutely nothing on the card I used, and it authorized fine when I first pre-ordered on the 4th, but it tripped the fraud protection this time I guess). I switched cards and everything appears to be back on track and my phone is now finally 'preparing', but I'm a bit miffed at Bank of America because now I won't get the rewards points. Ah, well. As long as I get my phone sooner rather than later, I'll be happy.
    08-18-2016 02:20 PM
    They shipped mine UPS Ground but its coming from Dublin OH and im in Cincy so I'll have it tomorrow
    08-18-2016 02:23 PM
    Got denied. Was told no phones period will be released before stores open tomorrow. I even got an email from the store manager apologizing for the inconvenience. From what the Samsung rep said it looks like the carriers were upset over best buy releasing the S7 4 days early. Carriers had complaints from customers who upset blah blah blah.

Sent from Sir Cletus Sexy IV.
    (S7 Edge Titanium)
    08-18-2016 02:44 PM
    I got my confirmation email today that my phone will be ready for pick up tomorrow 8/19. So I'm happy to see that!
    08-18-2016 02:49 PM
    Got denied. Was told no phones period will be released before stores open tomorrow. I even got an email from the store manager apologizing for the inconvenience. From what the Samsung rep said it looks like the carriers were upset over best buy releasing the S7 4 days early. Carriers had complaints from customers who upset blah blah blah.

(S7 Edge Titanium)
    Maybe the carriers should have just released earlier smh. They ruin it for everybody lol.
    08-18-2016 02:58 PM
    I am absolutely livid with Best Buy right now.

I received a text a few hours ago stating "Sorry, there is an issue with the mobile package for order <NUMBER>. Call 1-877-702-2211 for help."

So, I did and was told that there was an issue activating my device, and the woman on the phone had absolutely no idea if my phone is currently being shipped or where it is, telling me "I have no clue as to where your device is, and the issue is your phone didn't activate properly so you will have to wait to be called by [some Best Buy or AT&T store thing I forgot the name of] and that could take 24-48 hours."

When asked if I will get my phone tomorrow as advertised, she told me "I honestly have no idea." When I expressed to her that my phone was set to ship to my office, assuming I'd get it Friday, and then told her the office is not open on weekends so I'd need it shipped to my apartment instead, she said "It's not letting me update the shipment address in my system. That might mean it has shipped but I don't know and I don't have a tracking number."

So, basically, I'm at the stage where I have no ******* clue when I'm getting my phone or where the hell it even is. **** Best Buy.
    Same here, called again and told it will be resolved within 48 hours, oh well no new phone for the weekend trip, cases will gather more dust on my desk, and gear VR will arrive tomorrow
    08-18-2016 03:03 PM
    Just got a call from Best Buy. Made an appointment to pickup my phones at 11AM. Should make it a lot easier. Was told enough SD Cards will be there.
    08-18-2016 03:04 PM
    Got the same call, but they resolved it and now they're shipping it.
    Mine said preparing to ship as well after I got the notice. Called on the phone, supposedly they're fixing it as it's been happening to them all day. Don't see how it's going to get here tomorrow though as it's still preparing to ship :-/

At least the Gear VR is on it's way.
    08-18-2016 03:14 PM
    Preordered on August 4. Upadated status to shipped this afternoon. Tracking says it is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Glad to see they are using overnight shipping.
    08-18-2016 04:02 PM
    I just got email that it shipped but no good info yet on actually delivery date which I hope is tomorrow.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-18-2016 04:06 PM
    You guys are so lucky! I went into Best Buy in Sacramento CA and talked with a mobile rep who informed me that AT&T really screwed up and that not even one store within a 50 mile radius has an att note 7 in any color. I preordered two hours after the preorder went live. I will be shocked if I don't get a note 7 tomorrow. Never preordering again. My order status hasn't moved an inch just says status: preordered followed by "processing" for past two weeks.
    08-18-2016 04:06 PM
    Delivery tomorrow!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-18-2016 04:21 PM
    I just called my local Bestbuy where I placed my pre-order. The rep stated she got some Note 7's in but they are already allocated to other customers. Supposedly there were customers ahead of me on the list. I asked her how that can be when I was the 2nd person to pre-order from their store. How can there be others ahead of me? She couldn't say anything but that they will have another shipment tomorrow some time but doesn't know when or if my phone will be in it... They messed up my pre-order for the S7 Edge before as well...
    You need to let management know, and use a different store in the future.
    08-18-2016 04:33 PM
    Mine has shipped with delivery for tomorrow. Located in NC. Ordered on the 7th
    08-18-2016 04:34 PM
    Exciting news, John. Your order will be ready on 08/19/2016.
    For the best experience, simply follow the instructions in the What You Need To Know section.

We look forward to seeing you, and thanks again for shopping at Best Buy®.

Sincerely,

Your Best Buy Customer Care Team
    08-18-2016 04:37 PM
    UPDATE - I chose ship to home on my Aug 4 preorder and I just got the shipped email! Arriving tomorrow.
    08-18-2016 04:52 PM
    Hours later and I'm learning that not only will I not receive my pre-order tomorrow, they have no idea when I will receive it. This is f'ing ridiculous.
    08-18-2016 04:54 PM
    If you bought it on contract or through an instalment plan you will have to activate it in store.

(S7 Edge Titanium)
    Why ? If you had it shipped and under same plan you would activate it when it gets to your house. So why would they make you activate in store?
    08-18-2016 04:56 PM
    Called my Best Buy in Ft Worth. They said they only received Silver models for At&t. They are hoping for another shipment tonight. Not looking good for my pre order.
    08-18-2016 04:59 PM
    Hours later and I'm learning that not only will I not receive my pre-order tomorrow, they have no idea when I will receive it. This is f'ing ridiculous.
    Same Brother already got his from AT&T.com. I'm jealous. It's a beautiful phone though. That's what I get for saving up late and ordering slightly later. At least it's preparing to ship, best buy told me it's going through a preactivation phase cause mine screwed up. The weekend won't be a fun wait for something I preordered. #firstworldproblems
    08-18-2016 05:21 PM
    Mine says preparing. Ordered on AUG 3. But if it is like my watch, it may arrive same day it ships.
    08-18-2016 05:22 PM
    Mine says processing. Ordered on AUG 3. But if it is like my watch, it may arrive same day it ships.
    Best buy is incredibly backed up. I'm sure quite a few of us worrying if we'll get it tomorrow and are all mad and threatening to cancel their preorders will receive theirs tomorrow..

Went through this every year with iPhones and AT&T's site. I doubt Best Buy has more server space than AT&T. I know I got an email about my watch the after and it was already moving and delivered.
    08-18-2016 05:31 PM
    I'm sure quite a few of us worrying if we'll get it tomorrow and are all mad and threatening to cancel their preorders will receive theirs tomorrow..

Best Buy literally doesn't know where my actual device is, so I'm not particularly hopeful of that.
    08-18-2016 05:34 PM
253 ... 45678 ...