[Note 7] What is your Best Buy order status?

tripleh3lix

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone who ordered from Best Buy with AT&T get an AT&T box or the black Samsung one? Not a big deal but saw a guy here posting about getting an AT&T box and seemed angry lol.

mizz_ordo

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Had a horrible, horrible day yesterday with Bestbuy!! I was the 2nd person to pre-order from my local store. And guess what?? They had everyone's orders EXCEPT mines!! Looks like someone inside decided to take mine to hook up a friend maybe? If that's not bad enough, upon canceling that order, they couldn't reverse my upgrade! They got AT&T on the phone and they told me I had to give back the phone for reversal! Like what phone? I kept explaining that I never received my pre-order and I just want my upgrade eligibility put back. They have to investigate and get back to me. Ugh! After 5 hours of sorting things out and searching for Note 7's, I finally find a Bestbuy that had the black onyx available for walk in! I had to use one of my other lines to do the upgrade. I gave Bestbuy another chance to redeem themselves cause they messed up my S7 Edge preorder as well. This is the last time I do that with them!! And yes, the Note 7 is in the ugly blue and white AT&T branded box and not the sleek Samsung one..

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Going through my receipt from BB, kind of upset I didn't pay attention.. I was just happy to get my phone

Billed:
Note 7 Blue $899.99!!! wtf? When I preordered on the 3rd it was $849.99 on BB. Verizon's price is still $864. Then take the $899.99 and add $20 activation fee from activating it from BB! This is BS

So ordering through BB is going to cost you $58.87 more than verizon.

My tax rate is .08%
BB $899.99 + tax = $971.99
Ver $864 + tax = $933.12
= $38.87 savings from Verizon
+ $20 activation
= $58.87 savings buying from Verizon

Damnit.... Doesn't BB match Verizon Price?

Last edited:

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered online on Aug 15 for pickup. When the 19th came around, the status was still stuck on "Processing" - however the Gear Fit 2 was ready for pick up. I called the general number (not the store number) to inquire about the status and the person was apologetic and told me that it's not ready yet and to not head to the store. She then said she was going to credit my order $100. After the call, indeed I receive a confirmation that my order was credited that amount due to "system error". Anyway, this morning I received an e-mail similar to what someone posted above - that they apologize and that it is taking longer than anticipated. It should be ready for pickup within 30 days.

I'm grateful for the credit, but I guess I should have known better. I've never had a pre-order go smoothly at Best Buy but I thought this would be different. They don't seem to actually reserve items that are pre-ordered in my experience and in this case it seemed like there was a system issue? Anyway, this is definitely the last time I will do any sort of pre-ordering through Best Buy. I am like 0 for 5 with them for pre-orders in actually getting the item on the day of release.

It seems like Best Buy really messed this one up for a lot of people - especially the folks that did this online.

sprungson

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I pre-ordered online on Aug 15 for pickup. When the 19th came around, the status was still stuck on "Processing" - however the Gear Fit 2 was ready for pick up. I called the general number (not the store number) to inquire about the status and the person was apologetic and told me that it's not ready yet and to not head to the store. She then said she was going to credit my order $100. After the call, indeed I receive a confirmation that my order was credited that amount due to "system error". Anyway, this morning I received an e-mail similar to what someone posted above - that they apologize and that it is taking longer than anticipated. It should be ready for pickup within 30 days.

I'm grateful for the credit, but I guess I should have known better. I've never had a pre-order go smoothly at Best Buy but I thought this would be different. They don't seem to actually reserve items that are pre-ordered in my experience and in this case it seemed like there was a system issue? Anyway, this is definitely the last time I will do any sort of pre-ordering through Best Buy. I am like 0 for 5 with them for pre-orders in actually getting the item on the day of release.

It seems like Best Buy really messed this one up for a lot of people - especially the folks that did this online.

yes.... I had same experience. I cancelled my preorder and went to Verizon. they had the black onyx in stock. I also made the switch from at&t to Verizon

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
The guy at best buy told me that best buy was sent 700 SD cards. They have over 1000 stores so no where near enough to handle the demand. But that's what samsung sent them.

My wife's silver note 7 was ready yesterday for pickup however because we didn't make an appointment they wouldn't let us get it till today. And today we were stuck there for 90 minutes due to a computer issue.
My black note 7 that I pre-ordered at the same time as my wifes has been delayed until august 30th according to the email I received. I'm sure hoping they get a sooner shipment than that!
I did pick up the new gear VR though. It's neat and all but I don't know how much i'll use it.

elimyst

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
If anyone is near them, i drove an hour to the Reynoldsburg ohio best buy bc their site said they have black in stock, they canceled my preorder from the newark store that still doesn't have any att phones in stock* and hooked me up with a phone. The sales rep said they have a bunch of them*

Posted via the Android Central App

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I picked up my wife's Note 7 (in black) a day later than planned. Luckily the Best Buy Mobile store didn't run out. However, they did run out of 256 GB microSD cards sometime on the 19th. I'm not expected to get it in the mail until late September. I considered cancelling the order entirely and going to an AT&T store, but didn't want to find out they're out of stock on the N7's. So, my wifey will have to get by with the 64 GB SD card she had before (off her LG G4) for the next month or so.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
The guy at best buy told me that best buy was sent 700 SD cards. They have over 1000 stores so no where near enough to handle the demand. But that's what samsung sent them.

My wife's silver note 7 was ready yesterday for pickup however because we didn't make an appointment they wouldn't let us get it till today. And today we were stuck there for 90 minutes due to a computer issue.
My black note 7 that I pre-ordered at the same time as my wifes has been delayed until august 30th according to the email I received. I'm sure hoping they get a sooner shipment than that!
I did pick up the new gear VR though. It's neat and all but I don't know how much i'll use it.

Why did they make you get an appointment? Why not just pay for phone, go home and pop the sim card in yourself? What is the point of pre ordering from Best Buy if they never have the phone on release day? Defeats the purpose.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Why did they make you get an appointment? Why not just pay for phone, go home and pop the sim card in yourself? What is the point of pre ordering from Best Buy if they never have the phone on release day? Defeats the purpose.

The demand was much greater than anticipated. Significantly more. I don't mind pre ordering. At least my wife got hers. The appointments are due to demand. So not everyone is trying to get there's at once as it would make for very long lines.
They don't let you just take the phone. They say they need to activate it. I don't know why. Just the way it is. I had to pre order there if I wanted the sd card as at&t wasn't doing the SD cards.

immobile

Nov 3, 2009
www.cnet.com
9/1/2016 * 8:30pm went to local Best Buy in Mesa, AZ to buy the Note 7. They where out for the color I wanted, so the gal called the next closest Best Buy. They had one and would set it aside for me to go get it the next day; 9/2/2016 *10:00am . When I got there, I gave them my name and what I was there to pick up. The two Associates kinda danced around, then called someone on their fancy Bluetooth thing for someone else ( which turned out to be the guy who took the call the night prior ). He told me that as of 12:00 midnight they were informed about the recall. Holding on to my Note 4 won't break my heart for a bit longer. I do however feel for the one's who already have one.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol