Note buyers, what are you upgrading from?

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Moving from an HTC One M8 to the Samsung Galaxy Note 7. The HTC is the best phone I have ever owned. The sound quality has been excellent, and phone has been extremely fast to respond and never crashed or rebooted suddenly like past phones I used.

Unfortunately the battery doesn't last as long as it used to, and that is why I've chosen to move on at this point.
When I made the decision to move on the phones I was contemplating were the HTC 10, the S7 edge, and the then yet to be officially announced Note 7.

When I compared my M8 to the 10 they visually looked the same, and I'd read that the 10 had taken a step backwards in terms of speaker quality. It felt like if I decided to go with the 10 I would have been paying a lot for a phone that wasn't significantly different from the one I was already using.

The S7 edge was enticing with its larger screen, small top and bottom frames, and lack of side bezel. I decided to hold off and see what the price difference and added features the Note 7 would be between the two, and see if the s7 edge went down in price when the Note 7 was announced.

When the Note 7 was announced and I confirmed they were both the same price with two year contract, and the Note had the revamped TouchWiz my decision was made.

I have a feeling I'm going to miss the sound of the HTC when I hear the Note 7's sound, and I'm not looking forward to the lag that is constantly talked about with the TouchWiz system. I'm wondering if turning off animation and possibly switching to a different launcher will cut down on or eliminate the lag. I keep telling myself to focus on enjoying the screen of the Note 7, and try to ignore the sound and lag that I'm expecting.

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
LG V10, which was hard, as the V20 is on its way out, but the reports of it having modular capabilities has turned me off.

I understand that the V10 is a great device. According to leaks they appear to be changing things up much to the detriment of any brand loyalty they could've established with the V10.

Samsung making all the right moves while LG is making all the wrong ones.

#RIP

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Note 4. I love the Note series and had all but the 1st one. Skipped 5 because I wanted a micro SD slot and removable battery, but one out of two ain't bad. Can't wait to get this phone.

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy S5. Can't wait! Silver Note 7 coming in tomorrow. Number one thing I'm looking forward to is the huge screen.

doodleholic

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
My Note 4 died in June (it had some kind of short and slowly fried on the inside until it was apparently too crispy to continue functioning), so, I had to revert to my ancient iPhone 4s and have been using it ever since.