I don't have any issues, or obscene desire to get updates, like many uber-fans (sorry treckies...errr treckers, I ment to say "power users") have, but when I was looking at the demo unit in Best Buy it seemed to have a message on it for a firmware update?

No, i didn't catch which carrier the demo was on. But I wonder if there are some tweaks that will greet us as soon as we turn it on.. or in the first day or so?

OOOOhhhh... maybe its Nougat....(Yes, I know it isn't nougat.)
    08-17-2016 10:41 AM
    If it were to be nougat I won't update it. I won't update for seral months till it has been fully tested
    highstar and bluestl like this.
    08-17-2016 11:14 AM
    I don't have any issues, or obscene desire to get updates, like many uber-fans (sorry treckies...errr treckers, I ment to say "power users") have, but when I was looking at the demo unit in Best Buy it seemed to have a message on it for a firmware update?

No, i didn't catch which carrier the demo was on. But I wonder if there are some tweaks that will greet us as soon as we turn it on.. or in the first day or so?

OOOOhhhh... maybe its Nougat....(Yes, I know it isn't nougat.)
    The update available is a security/bug fix update.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    08-17-2016 02:08 PM
    Hopefully the update is to help with the speed test failures.

If i cant reopen 12 apps out of the RAM in under 2 minutes like the iphone 6s then i am returning my note7 and waiting for the iphone 10.
    08-17-2016 02:31 PM
    If it were to be nougat I won't update it. I won't update for seral months till it has been fully tested
    I made that mistake upgrading my LG G4 to MM back in March. My phone has SUCKED ever since. I won't make that mistake anytime soon.
    08-17-2016 02:42 PM
    I made that mistake upgrading my LG G4 to MM back in March. My phone has SUCKED ever since. I won't make that mistake anytime soon.
    I was going to ask the question, thx, i won't be updating. I never did with the Note 3.
    08-17-2016 02:50 PM
    I was going to ask the question, thx, i won't be updating. I never did with the Note 3.
    Yes this is one time you really need to wait for awhile. I ussually wait till I see several updates for it come out before I make a decision about it. When I upgraded to lollipop it killed my battery life. Ugh. I'll never make that mistake again.
    08-17-2016 03:06 PM