09-16-2016 10:58 PM
277 ... 9101112
tools
    Please let us know how that one is I am Having the same issues as you with the other Zagg screen Protector it was a waste. So need something better.
    Yup. The Zagg HD is not a good option. The edges came up on mine too.
    08-22-2016 02:23 PM
    Jaymin Amin, Corning’s vp of technology "The hardness pick that was used in the video was a 3, that’s considerably softer than the glass material. Oftentimes when you have a softer material like that, and depending on what kind of loads you have used, you tend to see material transfer on the test substrate.

Material transfer on the test substrate is not necessarily a scratch but it can appear to the untrained eye as a pretty visible scratch. We don’t know whether or not that is what is being seen in the video. Certainly in the testing we’ve done internally, we don’t see that issue at all with similar picks on the Mohs hardness scale."
    08-22-2016 02:27 PM
    Pretty disappointing performance to me. Like others have said, I would much prefer more scratch resistance then drop resistance. I have broken the glass once in my life, scratch way more.
    Never satisfied are we? If they had made it the other way round we'll still get a bunch of people crying foul *sips tea while admiring my scratch resistant N4*

Posted via my awesome N4
    08-22-2016 02:40 PM
    Good Lord, one video and everyone thinks this glass is crap.

Hiw many units are out there now and only a few that have reportedly been scratched. Theres plenty of us running naked note 7s with no issues at all.

Hell, mine is still nude, lives in my back jean pockets, gets sat on half the day, spends 2 hours a day in my trucks center console with coins, pens, and a pistol all rubbing up on it, then i get home, and my infant plays with it on laminate floors. It's abused, and still scratch free since Thursday.

I come from the glass industry. Material transfer is very common and very often mistaken as a scratch. You'd be amazed at how many people would swear a unit was scratched and be stunned when I removed it with a razor blade
    doodleholic likes this.
    08-22-2016 04:34 PM
    My wife and I both got Note 7's on Friday. Mine is still scratch free but on the other hand my wifes has a deep 1/2" scratch on her front screen thats pretty dang bad. It happened sometime Friday but we don't know when. She doesn't use a purse and I was with her all day. It didn't go anywhere near any keys or anything else. The only possible thing that happened is she puts her phone screen down (the light distracts her) and maybe at the restaurant there was some small dirt,grime,dust,sand (i dunno) that scratched it. That literally the only places it was that day outside of her jean pocket (with no keys or change). She is extremely disappointed. We have had the note 4 for 2 years and our screens have nothing more than fine scratches that you can't feel with your finger. Those are typical and expected. This scratch can easily be felt with your finger.
    08-22-2016 06:11 PM
    I have an old Motorola phone with Gorilla Glass 3 and it has been through H3LL and back and not one scratch on the screen. I will take scratch resistance over shatter proof any day. Especially now that tempered glass screen protectors are so hard to find now that all the manufacturers are using "curved" glass. STOP USING CURVED GLASS!!!!!
    I want a completely flat screen with gorilla glass 3 or 4 at the most and then I can put a 9H glass screen protector on it. That is the best solution!
    09-11-2016 05:32 PM
    With all the other problems I forgot all about the easy scratch glass.
    benjamminh likes this.
    09-11-2016 07:00 PM
    Watching this video by Erica Griffin on the V20... I'm not a fan of V20 but one thing I like in this video... LG provided a screen protector ALREADY ON with their new phone. Kudos to LG! Why can't all manufacturers do that as courtesy and if we choose to remove it ourselves and it gets scratched then no one to blame but the owner. Especially a curved screen where it's impossible to get a good aftermarket one to fit! I wish the V20 was more like 5.3" sized.

also, if you watch her Note 7 review... she doesn't know how it happened but her Note 7 back glass had a scratch

09-11-2016 07:17 PM
    Watching this video by Erica Griffin on the V20... I'm not a fan of V20 but one thing I like in this video... LG provided a screen protector ALREADY ON with their new phone. Kudos to LG! Why can't all manufacturers do that as courtesy and if we choose to remove it ourselves and it gets scratched then no one to blame but the owner. Especially a curved screen where it's impossible to get a good aftermarket one to fit! I wish the V20 was more like 5.3" sized.

also, if you watch her Note 7 review... she doesn't know how it happened but her Note 7 back glass had a scratch

Is she still going? I remember watching her phone reviews which sold me on getting my first Note 2.

And yes, I am extremely worried about getting a Note 7 now. Not because of the exploding hype, but because of how easily it can get scratched apparently. Using my 2 year old Note 4 here, not a single scuff mark!
    09-11-2016 07:29 PM
    After watching my 14yo daughter glued to youtube vids... I have found myself recently watching more than TV lol... and just recently discovered Erica Griffen. She sounds pretty cool and the reviews I watch she covers exactly what I want to know. Like her Note 7 review so far too and looking forward to parts 2 and 3.

Kudos again to LG on the screen protector

Is she still going? I remember watching her phone reviews which sold me on getting my first Note 2.

And yes, I am extremely worried about getting a Note 7 now. Not because of the exploding hype, but because of how easily it can get scratched apparently. Using my 2 year old Note 4 here, not a single scuff mark!
    09-11-2016 07:34 PM
    After watching my 14yo daughter glued to youtube vids... I have found myself recently watching more than TV lol... and just recently discovered Erica Griffen. She sounds pretty cool and the reviews I watch she covers exactly what I want to know. Like her Note 7 review so far too and looking forward to parts 2 and 3.

Kudos again to LG on the screen protector
    Same, we don't watch much TV any more, in favor of YouTube and such. There is a wealth of content on there, especially conspiracy theories. Which is why I don't trust anything I read or hear about on mainstream TV anymore. So when I hear about "exploding Note 7's" I tend to question the narrative and look to see if there is possibly an agenda.
    09-11-2016 07:50 PM
    Now that the recall is officially out and people will be getting replacements, lets back to normal and talking scratches!
    I think this is will basically be a reset... Everyone in the world gets new Notes made within last 30 days. Let's see how Note 7v2.0 units are with glass.

Also in the news... JerryRigEverything has an iPhone 7 and did a scratch test we can use as comparison and the iPhone scratched... at #6. I thought Apple is using GG5 also.
    09-16-2016 07:03 AM
    Now that the recall is officially out and people will be getting replacements, lets back to normal and talking scratches!
    I think this is will basically be a reset... Everyone in the world gets new Notes made within last 30 days. Let's see how Note 7v2.0 units are with glass.

Also in the news... JerryRigEverything has an iPhone 7 and did a scratch test we can use as comparison and the iPhone scratched... at #6. I thought Apple is using GG5 also.
    If iphone scratched at 6, what did note scratch at? That is my main concern, scratching
    09-16-2016 07:44 AM
    The note 7 scratched at #3

If iphone scratched at 6, what did note scratch at? That is my main concern, scratching
    09-16-2016 02:12 PM
    Didn't Corning already state that it wasn't scratching? Meh, my N7 has been handled without a case or screen protector since launch, and there's no scratches or anything so far.
    09-16-2016 03:33 PM
    Didn't Corning already state that it wasn't scratching? Meh, my N7 has been handled without a case or screen protector since launch, and there's no scratches or anything so far.
    They said it was material transfer, but no matter what they call it, the result was the same.
    09-16-2016 04:51 PM

My G5 'loaner' also came installed with a screen protector. Looks like a newer LG thing.
    09-16-2016 05:27 PM
    I really think that was an awesome little detail to provide to new owners.

My G5 'loaner' also came installed with a screen protector. Looks like a newer LG thing.
    09-16-2016 06:05 PM
    Glad to see the flimsy Gorilla Glass 5 thread making a comeback. Things are looking up for the Note 7.
    donm527 likes this.
    09-16-2016 06:08 PM

Gorilla 4 glass is tough (wish the N7 had it instead). Many times in pocket and zero scratches after a year. They would show up with VR, but nothing there.

BTW, that protector might just be for the press units.
    09-16-2016 06:10 PM
    Gorilla 4 glass is tough (wish the N7 had it instead). Many times in pocket and zero scratches after a year. They would show up with VR, but nothing there.
    Funny I've had the very opposite experience. My 6s plus has last years gorilla glass and it's COVERED in a bunch of micro scratches, started after the first few days I seen then showing up

My note 7 after a few weeks had none, treated the exact same
    09-16-2016 06:15 PM
    Funny I've had the very opposite experience. My 6s plus has last years gorilla glass and it's COVERED in a bunch of micro scratches, started after the first few days I seen then showing up

My note 7 after a few weeks had none, treated the exact same
    Ditto on the funny I have no clue if G5 is better for scratches, but know the MXPE never had a protector on it. Perhaps there is more to the process than just the type of glass.
    09-16-2016 06:35 PM
    I've been rocking my note 7 for weeks with no screen cover in pretty harsh environments and zero scratches yet. I'm actually impressed with how well it's held up.
    09-16-2016 09:17 PM
    I've been rocking my note 7 for weeks with no screen cover in pretty harsh environments and zero scratches yet. I'm actually impressed with how well it's held up.
    Did you give the sides a little scuffing and see how they held up?
    09-16-2016 09:19 PM
    Did you give the sides a little scuffing and see how they held up?
    Why would someone want to intentionally scuff the bezels? Especially if nothing happened to them under normal everyday use. I'm sure if I were to intentionally scratch or scrape my Note 7s bezel or front/rear glass, there would obviously be damage. Lol.

But i have also been using my Note 7 without a case for weeks and it was scratch free prior to returning it to T-Mobile today.
    09-16-2016 10:37 PM
277 ... 9101112