09-16-2016 10:58 PM
277 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Someone on the XDA in a similar discussion on the GG5 had this link to the Samsung Accessory page...

Screen protector and clear case... or iPhone like leather case

Accessories | Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - The Official Samsung Galaxy Site

Damn it .... Never a fan of screen protector but after seeing this have to put a screen protector on a phone after 2 or 3 years...
    Might have to cover up the back with dbrand skin as well
    08-18-2016 12:17 PM
    Where are you getting your insurance from?
    https://www.worthavegroup.com/produc...one-insurance/

Doesn't specifically say it covers scratched screen but it does cover accidental damage.
    monkeypimp likes this.
    08-18-2016 12:21 PM
    08-18-2016 12:22 PM
    Do you mean IQ Shield? Is this a wet installation?
    Whoops, yes, IQ Shield and yes it is a wet install which makes it so easy.
    08-18-2016 12:30 PM
    Glad to have my suspicions confirmed by JerryRig cuz when i was holding the Note 7 in the store and talking to Samsung employee i was tapping it and saying, "THIS is glass??!! Does NOT feel like it AT ALL"!!

Samsung prolly thinks ppl would trade a cracked display for a lightly scratched one, but personally i don't want cracked, scratched OR to have to put my phone in a case... For $900 bucks, i just don't think that's too much to ask ...

Make the next one indestructible, and while you are at it, bring back the white color...

Thanks Sammy, love u xxx : )

BTC
    ConstantDefector likes this.
    08-18-2016 01:08 PM
    I think this guy just "Rick Rolled" thousands of people, if you ask me.
    08-18-2016 01:15 PM
    Buddy, if someone Rick Rolls me and I DON'T see Rick Astley... I'm starting a fire!
    xanderville1 and Gsxr151 like this.
    08-18-2016 01:27 PM
    The problem is that the other videos of scratch tests do not agree with this guy at all.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-18-2016 01:52 PM
    Why would I do that .. like .. ever? Why not put it in my pocket?
    My point is, eventually you will probably slip up and the screen will scratch when it wouldn't have with GG4.
    08-18-2016 01:57 PM
    My point is, ntually you will probably slip up and the screen will scratch when it wouldn't have GG4.
    Put a case on it, put a screen protector on it or go commando (life happens). If those options are not appealing to you don't buy it.
    Nothing else to see here...move along....move along.
    08-18-2016 01:59 PM
    My point is, ntually you will probably slip up and the screen will scratch when it wouldn't have GG4.
    I have two scratches on my gorilla glass 4 S7 Edge.

08-18-2016 02:00 PM
    My point is, eventually you will probably slip up and the screen will scratch when it wouldn't have with GG4.
    You may think that but I disagree . Sorry I know way better than to throw a phone into any purse .. That is like walking into the street and being shocked a car may hit you.
    besweeet and anon(782252) like this.
    08-18-2016 02:06 PM
    Someone on the XDA in a similar discussion on the GG5 had this link to the Samsung Accessory page...

Screen protector and clear case... or iPhone like leather case

Accessories | Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - The Official Samsung Galaxy Site
    How do we buy the Samsung screen protector for Note 7. Don't see a way to on their website
    08-18-2016 02:10 PM
    You may think that but I disagree . Sorry I know way better than to throw a phone into any purse .. That is like walking into the street and being shocked a car may hit you.
    I require that my GF has a dedicated compartment in her purse where only phones can go. Problem solved. Fortunately she cares about the look of her phone as well. All my training is paying off
    djlee0314 likes this.
    08-18-2016 02:16 PM
    Put a case on it, put a screen protector on it or go commando (life happens). If those options are not appealing to you don't buy it.
    Nothing else to see here...move along....move along.
    Regular screen protectors feel like garbage and aren't needed on GG4 devices in most cases, glass screen protectors likely won't be viable due to the shape of the screen, and going commando will likely lead to unsightly and annoying scratches. The case isn't going to save the screen from scratches.

I have two scratches on my gorilla glass 4 S7 Edge.

Imagine how many scratches you would have with the significantly softer glass on the Note 7.
    08-18-2016 02:17 PM
    Eventually, a mistake will be made. That's the point.
    08-18-2016 02:19 PM
    The problem is that the other videos of scratch tests do not agree with this guy at all.

Exactly...just seems odd.
    08-18-2016 02:31 PM
    FWIW, the Note 7 I looked at at one of our local Best Buys had a vinyl screen protector on it. I don't recall ever seeing screen protectors on demo phones before and I thought it was a bit strange. It definitely wasn't like the one that comes on it in the package and it didn't even go over the edges and was off center. So, it would appear someone installed it on this display Note 7. I didn't think too much about it at first and thought it was a bit overkill since GG5 was supposed to be so tough. Now I am thinking otherwise...

Has anyone else seen a screen protector on a display Note 7?
    08-18-2016 02:50 PM
    Regular screen protectors feel like garbage and aren't needed on GG4 devices in most cases, glass screen protectors likely won't be viable due to the shape of the screen, and going commando will likely lead to unsightly and annoying scratches. The case isn't going to save the screen from scratches.

Imagine how many scratches you would have with the significantly softer glass on the Note 7.
    Probably none. I have an S7 Edge naked with not a single scratch. GG5 isn't going to be any worse I don't care what anyone says. If you sit and rub stuff over your phone of course its going to scratch. It's a glass phone
    badMojo69 likes this.
    08-18-2016 03:12 PM
    I haven't really trusted that guy's videos since he was exposed for falsely accusing the Nexus 6p of being easily bendable.

08-18-2016 03:20 PM
    I really wish Samsung would move to sapphire glass like Apple uses on their iPhones. I have had the iPhone 6 Plus for over a year with no scratches and I get the S7 Edge and within two months there are two fine hairline scratches. One very small one on the screen and another very small one on the home button.

They are barely even noticeable unless in the direct sunlight with the screen off. It should be noted that I pet my phones. I always use cases and never put my phones in pockets with keys and loose change.

I like many others would rather have a more scratch resistant phone housing than the GG4 or GG5 that scratches very easily. I really hope Samsung addresses these issues in the future releases of their Galaxy S and Galaxy Note model phones. The plastic home button needs to be done away with as well.
    08-18-2016 03:25 PM
    I really wish Samsung would move to sapphire glass like Apple uses on their iPhones. I have had the iPhone 6 Plus for over a year with no scratches and I get the S7 Edge and within two months there are two fine hairline scratches. One very small one on the screen and another very small one on the home button.

They are barely even noticeable unless in the direct sunlight with the screen off. It should be noted that I pet my phones. I always use cases and never put my phones in pockets with keys and loose change.

I like many others would rather have a more scratch resistant phone housing than the GG4 or GG5 that scratches very easily. I really hope Samsung addresses these issues in the future releases of their Galaxy S and Galaxy Note model phones. The plastic home button needs to be done away with as well.
    You realize that iPhones don't use sapphire glass on their display right?
    08-18-2016 03:27 PM
    I had an S7 Edge for exactly two weeks. During that time I got a MAJOR scratch on the home button. Mind you, I am VERY gentle with my cell phones and very good them (I don't throw them in pockets, in my purse, etc). I was very disappointed and wound up returning it right at the two week mark. I have an iphone that I have been using since October and have one minor scratch on the display that you really have to search for. I have my N7 waiting at home for me right now and plan to baby it like none other. I really hate the idea of spending just under $900 for a phone and have it all scratched up within the first few weeks......here's to hoping!
    08-18-2016 03:33 PM
    I noticed the same and was hoping by posting the link someone would mention where to go buy this stuff too. Otherwise I have to hope the Samsung section at Best Buy is suppose to have all this stuff now?

How do we buy the Samsung screen protector for Note 7. Don't see a way to on their website
    08-18-2016 03:40 PM
    Eventually, a mistake will be made. That's the point.
    I guess so. No mistake yet since my ... Note 3 ? That was like 20 phones ago ^_^.
    08-18-2016 03:54 PM
277 ... 34567 ...