Looks like Gorilla Glass 5 scratches easily

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I really don't think that is an issue here. You have to be abusive to do anything to those areas on the Note 7.
Not exactly true. I t very good care of my S7 Edge and the paint on the home button started peeling. It even started affecting the performance of the scanner. It's a pretty big issue.

shaabnp

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I've been using screen protectors on my phones since the LG Voyager haha so I'm not that concerned about the scratching. I am worried about the fingerprint scanner messing up but I seriously doubt that I'll be able to mess it up beyond repair with my daily usage. If somehow sh!t hits the fan with my home button, at least I can still use my irises :p

mona5804

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
No way!! I don't believe it! Gorilla glass scratches?! But it's gorilla tough. I don't get it.

Tempered glass screen shields are an amazing invention. Get em while their hot.

kazman12

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Is there a concensus on a good tempered glass screen protector yet? I saw one review so far and the adhesive was only on the edges and a rainbow effect on the screen and was not securely flush on the curved edges.

mabr82

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
For the price it should not scratch. I reckon a day in your pocket/bag with your keys and it will be covered.

Can see some serious complaints on this.

Not from me, I don't have the cash to buy one

Posted via the Android Central App

doodleholic

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Yikes, that was painful to watch, but informative nonetheless. It looks like I need to put more effort into finding a screen protector, but the curved tempered glass ones I've seen don't look promising.

I bought a flat tempered glass one from Xtreme Guard, but of course, it will only cover the front. Hopefully it will do for little while until I can find something for full coverage.

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the fence on buying a glass screen protector. I hate them on curved screens. Makes it look like crap.

Maybe back to film protection for 100% screen coverage

rhsortho

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
after using tempered glass on note3, note edge, and note 5, I was finally considering going without on the 7. though did order a flat and a curved one just in case. I'm hoping the dual edges won't be an issue with fitment. the protectors "curves" are much less pronounced than on the note edge so hoping it'll stick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow