09-04-2016 09:39 PM
386 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    1. The speaker is weak

2. The curve display is problematic finding a case that protects properly. The ones that do provide protection actually cover/blocks the curve part of display. Best Buy had a few that do that.

3. All glass is counter intuitive for a portable device. Seems ironic in same sentence.

4. This would be about the non replaceable battery, but the market is doing that to force overall two year turn on devices.

Everything else IMO rocks.
    08-21-2016 08:18 AM
    I love the phone. It has not disappointed me at all and hopefully it won't. I had hoped that Samsung would allow us to dismiss the high volume warning for headphone and BT sound, but it is still there every time the phone is reset. It has been a pain on their phones for awhile. Minor problem and nothing specific to this phone. All Sumsungs have it. Great, beautiful phone!
    I hate that goddamn warning so much.
    verks likes this.
    08-21-2016 08:26 AM
    Meant to say too that I tried to work with TouchWiz for a day, but widgets looked bad and just missed the customization of Nova launcher so went back to that.
    08-21-2016 08:27 AM
    So far the only thing I don't like is the battery life
    I was not thrilled to go to bed last night at 100 percent and wake up at 76. I know it takes a few days for Android to settle down, but that drop - with no open apps, Do Not Disturb engaged and AOD off - alarmed me.
    08-21-2016 08:30 AM
    I was not thrilled to go to bed last night at 100 percent and wake up at 76. I know it takes a few days for Android to settle down, but that drop - with no open apps, Do Not Disturb engaged and AOD off - alarmed me.
    Last night mine went from 60% to 54% over 6 hours while I slept. I'm not complaining.
    sangs likes this.
    08-21-2016 08:43 AM
    Last night mine went from 60% to 54% over 6 hours while I slept. I'm not complaining.
    Yeah, mine went from 100 to 96 the first night, but that was before I had finished setting up all my apps. Hope it's just a short-term anomaly.
    08-21-2016 08:46 AM
    I downloaded the apk and I'm absolutely loving it. So clean and stock looking, yet I can change it to how I want it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I'll probably wait for an update that gives it Nougat-styled notifications and official support for the Note7 and its iris scanner.

I really want to try Good Lock, but I'll wait.
    08-21-2016 09:34 AM
    Go to settings > applications > Select internet > set as default > clear defaults.

Then click a link and select chrome.

Here's a link! http://www.google.com
    Believe me, I've tried this. It never pops up asking which browser I want to open with and there are no defaults to clear.
    08-21-2016 09:35 AM
    Believe me, I've tried this. It never pops up asking which browser I want to open with and there are no defaults to clear.
    Weird, I found a fix. I disabled chrome, reenabled it and now it's working!!
    blackhemi4x4 likes this.
    08-21-2016 09:39 AM
    The store's rep transferred mine (wired) and none of the messages transferred. ARGH.
    Install SMS Backup and Restore to your old phone and new phone,
    then back up your messages,
    then copy them to your PC over USB,
    then copy them to your new phone over USB,
    then run SMS Backup and Restore on you new phone and click RESTORE and all your messages are back
    08-22-2016 04:40 PM
    Battery life could be better and I feel my Note 5 charged faster.

Also, I have Tinnitus and I constantly have white noise playing in the background, mostly at work. The speakers on the Note 7 are a lot weaker than the Note 5.
    08-22-2016 04:45 PM
    SwiftKey, best keyboard in the market. You can customize however you want. Add arrows, numbers keys, change the keyboard size etc...
    08-22-2016 04:52 PM
    Your note 5 DID charge faster...it takes longer to charge up a 3500 vs a 3000, so in 30 mins, you get to 50%, you might get to 44% with the other one.
    08-22-2016 04:54 PM
    I'd say my biggest disappointment is the lag and stuttering. It's just a shame and pretty bothersome to me. The design and screen are amazing, but the UX doesn't match the hardware to me.

Also sort of meh on the edge panels so I've disabled them.
    08-22-2016 07:20 PM
    If Google now is integrated in the TouchWiz launcher instead of that stupid briefing i would use TouchWiz launcher. Until then I'll be using google now launcher. I believe Sony worked with Google to get the google now page to the left of the Sony launcher so hopefully it comes as an option with other OEM launcher as well.
    With TouchWiz, long press on the home button to open Google Now.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    08-22-2016 07:41 PM
    With TouchWiz, long press on the home button to open Google Now.
    I meant on the left page where Briefing is there.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    08-22-2016 07:48 PM
    I meant on the left page where Briefing is there.
    I understand, you can turn off briefing and long press on the home button to access Google Now or add the Google Now widget to the left screen where Briefing was previously.
    Not exactly the same but darn close.
    08-22-2016 07:54 PM
    Battery life could be better and I feel my Note 5 charged faster.

Also, I have Tinnitus and I constantly have white noise playing in the background, mostly at work. The speakers on the Note 7 are a lot weaker than the Note 5.
    Agreed on all your a points.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-22-2016 08:31 PM
    Curved edge. Only because it makes tempered glass screen protectors harder
    Yes, agree..
    08-22-2016 08:33 PM
    I have the silver note 7 t-mobile and these are the things I hate about it so far=
    The app and back keys light up a warm white or some say a hint of yellow which to me is annoying,
    Note 5 speaker is slightly louder in my opinion since I have both phones.
    Need for speed no limits looks slightly better on my note 5 then note 7 it has more contrast which make the cars looks more realistic.
    I don't notice it being faster then my note 5 there pretty equal.

I cant get any screen protector to stick to the edges so im thinking to go naked but im worried :/
    08-22-2016 08:33 PM
    I don't have a Note 7 but I do still have a Note Edge. When using the pen to draw or do a screen cap, I always had to be careful not to get to close to the edge panel or the pen would fall off the screen. Anyone noticing the same problem with the dual edges on the Note 7?
    08-22-2016 09:08 PM
    No. They're not decent. Not any of the ones I saw anyway.
    I think you guys are being a little dishonest here. In actuality, it's samsung's stock icon pack that just things a few apps, a while leaving the rest as I standard google material design set. This means that if you download 1 of the many material type of icons from the theme Store, it matches up quite nicely with the rest of the icons.

--RICH
    jordans0nly likes this.
    08-22-2016 09:57 PM
    I'd say my biggest disappointment is the lag and stuttering. It's just a shame and pretty bothersome to me. The design and screen are amazing, but the UX doesn't match the hardware to me.

Also sort of meh on the edge panels so I've disabled them.
    I still do not have the lag some report. Must be a combo of apps and settings facilitating this, else all would have the issue.
    08-22-2016 10:02 PM
    I think you guys are being a little dishonest here. In actuality, it's samsung's stock icon pack that just things a few apps, a while leaving the rest as I standard google material design set. This means that if you download 1 of the many material type of icons from the theme Store, it matches up quite nicely with the rest of the icons.

--RICH
    Most of the ones I've seen aren't my cup of tea. Sure there are material ones. But there's also a bunch of tacky ones. The worst part is with any other than the material will look bad with 3rd party apps because they don't make them for all apps, just the preinstalled ones. That being said, I don't mind Samsung's TouchWiz icons. I like the borders because they make all icons the same shape and size. I've always disliked Android's freeform app icons. They don't make alot of sense to me to have different shapes.
    08-22-2016 10:15 PM
    My only dislike, which is not major, is that the S-Pen is too thin and small... The Note 5 S-Pen felt more comfortable to hold and the button more closer to my thumb to press
    08-22-2016 10:25 PM
386 ... 89101112 ...