09-04-2016 09:39 PM
386 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    The only thing I don't like on the note 7 is when I answer a call it takes you to the call screen instead of like on the note 5 letting you keep using whatever app you were on with the call.
    08-23-2016 10:07 PM
    deleted.
    The crappy auto correct and my lock screen settings don't stick. I can unlock my screen by swiping when I have it set to fingerprints and iris.
    I had this issue too but it's a hidden setting. In the Lock screen and security section in Settings. Find "secure lock settings" and select it. From there click on "Secured lock time" and then select "Instantly with the power key or when the screen times out" hope that helps!
    08-23-2016 10:25 PM
    I hate that action memo was removed, the "Link to action" is gone. Hopefully it comes back.
    The note 7 has notes now. Go look at it.
    08-24-2016 06:32 AM
    THE BAD
    1. Tempered glass is a no go
    2. Camera has stopped recording a couple of times mid video for no reason (same thing happened on my note 5)
    3. Marshmallow!
    4. Sometimes typing letters near the edges will give me alot of mistypes.
    5. With even a thing case using edge features (swipe) can prove annoying to initiate, resulting in multiple swipes to activate
    6. If you pin a Samsung note file to the desktop as a widget it causes a hesitation when you scroll across the desktop (this phones to powerful to have even a slight stutter)
    7. Wireless charging seems slower than note 5 and s6 edge
    8. Lastly I've experienced at least 1 or 2 times when recording video a slight stutter or skip in frames.

All of these nuisances can be corrected and probably will be once we get Android 7.0.

THE GOOD
    1. Beautiful hardware (this coral blue and rose gold is excellent with top tier build materials)
    2. TouchWiz has been tolerable since Note 5 and continues to improve
    3. Love the camera and camera features (motion photo is excellent)
    4. S-pen functionality is it's best implementation (gifs are fun)
    5. Battery has proven to be better then note 5 so far
    6. Beautiful display
    7. Iris scanner is better than I expected and an excellent secondary option to fingerprint
    8. Always on display is nice once I got use to it
    9. Best implementation of battery saving functions.
    10. Water/dust resistant is here again and hopefully for good!

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-24-2016 10:05 AM
    My phone would be damn near perfect if screen recorded every click. So frustrating to click and get nothing then have to click again. It's so good in every other way that I hate to return it... but since very few people have complained it isn't common enough for Samsung to make a "fix" update. I have another week to decide but I am really torn about exchanging or waiting for a update to fix screen sensitivity. Typing is perfect which makes me think it isn't the digitizer but I'm clueless about this tech.
    Gray Area likes this.
    08-24-2016 01:21 PM
    I dont like that Verizon takes stuff away... especially the spam blocking for text messages.. i also can not find samsung cloud!... oh and same thing as yesterday... auto correct doesnt work! LOL
    08-24-2016 01:46 PM
    Mine is starting to lag i notice sometimes when typing and somethings when scrolling. I prefer the non edge screens. My note 5 was fantastic I didnt have the lag issue on it. I clear the multi windows and clear the excess ram snd temp storage. Still seems to have the issue. I dont known that it is all that much better than the note 5.
    08-24-2016 08:21 PM
    Anyone notice an issues with the screen having inconsistent touch reception? My S-pen will just stop writing randomly and scrolling seems inconsistent at ttimes.
    Agree on scrolling for sure and touch issue too
    08-24-2016 08:22 PM
    Same here, but it does autocorrect, but not words that I think are obvious. Like the "tge" situation you mentioned. My auto correct doesn't fix that either. LOL. But some words it does fix.

The Samsung keyboard learns from you, so just tap on the "tge" and the option in the middle will be "the" and hopefully the keyboard will learn.
    I remember y note 5 learned and I saw th difference in the corrections
    08-24-2016 08:22 PM
    You both need to perform a hard reset of your devices.

Even out of the box, sometimes software can have little nuances that need to be cleared. Perform a hard reset and your issue should be fixed.

I had to do that with mine after 2 days of ownership. After that, no lag and stuttering.
    Ok...so you say hard reset, as in factory data reset correct? I might do that tonight
    08-24-2016 08:23 PM
    Ok...so you say hard reset, as in factory data reset correct? I might do that tonight
    Yes. That is correct.
    08-24-2016 08:25 PM
    That stupid as f Qualcomm sticker they put on it that left the top of my phone all gunky. Haha!

In all seriousness though. I'm not sold on TouchWiz. I usually use Nova Prime on my Android phones, but told myself I was gonna wait as long as I could to try it out.
    Let me know how you make out. I immediately installed Nova Prime on mine, but recently read a bunch of posts stating how much they love TouchWiz. In all honesty though, it will be pretty tough to beat Nova!
    08-24-2016 08:45 PM
    Let me know how you make out. I immediately installed Nova Prime on mine, but recently read a bunch of posts stating how much they love TouchWiz. In all honesty though, it will be pretty tough to beat Nova!
    I still haven't installed Nova! Other than some stuttering animation that seems to be better after wiping chache partition I've enjoyed TW. I'm honestly really surprised.
    Issemann likes this.
    08-24-2016 08:52 PM
    I dont like that Verizon takes stuff away... especially the spam blocking for text messages.. i also can not find samsung cloud!... oh and same thing as yesterday... auto correct doesnt work! LOL
    Verizon didn't make it easy to get to.

08-24-2016 09:21 PM
    I clear the multi windows and clear the excess ram snd temp storage. Still seems to have the issue. I dont known that it is all that much better than the note 5.
    Clearing the RAM could be part of your problem.

http://m.androidcentral.com/ram-what...-shouldnt-care

Yes, it's an old article, but I believe it still holds true today.
    08-24-2016 09:44 PM
    The app called Ez Disabler lets you disable anything and everything without rooting the phone. It's worth the money.
    What stock apps would you recommend disabled?
    jordans0nly likes this.
    08-24-2016 09:50 PM
    So after using it off and on for a few days, is going back. Very beautiful device

- It's way over priced.
    - Uses proprietary charging instead of quick charge 3.0
    - The aod is useless because you can't double tap unless you have a notification. I hate waking a device up by buttons.
    - The ui is convoluted. Keep it simple it's a 5.7 inch display phone
    -Samsung overly pushes their apps as an alternative to Google's.
    - very slow updates for a really expensive device.
    -Can't get a good Glass protector with a case. That's a deal breaker in itself. The non Glass feel weird.
    - I noticed a very bit of lag. Unacceptable for the specs.

I really wanted to keep this phone but there are too many sacrifices for a 900 phone
    amyf27 likes this.
    08-24-2016 10:12 PM
    I still haven't installed Nova! Other than some stuttering animation that seems to be better after wiping chache partition I've enjoyed TW. I'm honestly really surprised.
    you haven't turned off animations yet????
    08-24-2016 11:27 PM
    So far only that I thought my blue Note 7 would come with matching blue S Pen, instead it's silver.
    It is supposed to be blue.
    08-24-2016 11:31 PM
    you haven't turned off animations yet????
    I kinda like the animations.
    mariusfilip likes this.
    08-24-2016 11:33 PM
    Half speed then...
    08-25-2016 12:33 AM
    Half speed then...
    I messed with the animations once with a Samsung phone because everyone was doing it. Total waste of taps and menu hunting.
    08-25-2016 12:39 AM
    I hate that they removed the timer from the main screen in the stock camera. Now you got to dig in camera settings for the timer. Bad move
    08-25-2016 01:23 AM
    Picking mine up in store (BB) at 10am tomorrow will let you know.
    It's pretty expensive bud
    08-25-2016 05:20 AM
    What stock apps would you recommend disabled?
    ALL of the Verizon crapware - except for My Verizon (to see your bill, account, etc.)
    08-25-2016 06:44 AM
386 ... 1011121314 ...