OWNERS: What do you NOT LIKE about your Galaxy Note 7?

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I meant on the left page where Briefing is there.
I understand, you can turn off briefing and long press on the home button to access Google Now or add the Google Now widget to the left screen where Briefing was previously.
Not exactly the same but darn close.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Battery life could be better and I feel my Note 5 charged faster.

Also, I have Tinnitus and I constantly have white noise playing in the background, mostly at work. The speakers on the Note 7 are a lot weaker than the Note 5.

Agreed on all your a points.

Posted via the Android Central App

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the silver note 7 t-mobile and these are the things I hate about it so far=
The app and back keys light up a warm white or some say a hint of yellow which to me is annoying,
Note 5 speaker is slightly louder in my opinion since I have both phones.
Need for speed no limits looks slightly better on my note 5 then note 7 it has more contrast which make the cars looks more realistic.
I don't notice it being faster then my note 5 there pretty equal.

I cant get any screen protector to stick to the edges so im thinking to go naked but im worried :/

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a Note 7 but I do still have a Note Edge. When using the pen to draw or do a screen cap, I always had to be careful not to get to close to the edge panel or the pen would fall off the screen. Anyone noticing the same problem with the dual edges on the Note 7?

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
No. They're not decent. Not any of the ones I saw anyway.

I think you guys are being a little dishonest here. In actuality, it's samsung's stock icon pack that just things a few apps, a while leaving the rest as I standard google material design set. This means that if you download 1 of the many material type of icons from the theme Store, it matches up quite nicely with the rest of the icons.

--RICH

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'd say my biggest disappointment is the lag and stuttering. It's just a shame and pretty bothersome to me. The design and screen are amazing, but the UX doesn't match the hardware to me.

Also sort of meh on the edge panels so I've disabled them.

I still do not have the lag some report. Must be a combo of apps and settings facilitating this, else all would have the issue.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I think you guys are being a little dishonest here. In actuality, it's samsung's stock icon pack that just things a few apps, a while leaving the rest as I standard google material design set. This means that if you download 1 of the many material type of icons from the theme Store, it matches up quite nicely with the rest of the icons.

--RICH

Most of the ones I've seen aren't my cup of tea. Sure there are material ones. But there's also a bunch of tacky ones. The worst part is with any other than the material will look bad with 3rd party apps because they don't make them for all apps, just the preinstalled ones. That being said, I don't mind Samsung's TouchWiz icons. I like the borders because they make all icons the same shape and size. I've always disliked Android's freeform app icons. They don't make alot of sense to me to have different shapes.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
My only dislike, which is not major, is that the S-Pen is too thin and small... The Note 5 S-Pen felt more comfortable to hold and the button more closer to my thumb to press

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
My only dislike, which is not major, is that the S-Pen is too thin and small... The Note 5 S-Pen felt more comfortable to hold and the button more closer to my thumb to press

I feel like it's too light. It needs a little heft to it because I feel like I'm gonna bend or snap it in half. Not really a true complaint. Just an observation.

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I don't have a Note 7 but I do still have a Note Edge. When using the pen to draw or do a screen cap, I always had to be careful not to get to close to the edge panel or the pen would fall off the screen. Anyone noticing the same problem with the dual edges on the Note 7?

You recommend the Note Edge? I ordered it as White Noise back up for work and sleep since I read it had one of the loudest speakers, at 87db. Is that true? I should get it tomorrow.

Noise terror - here are the 10 smartphones with the loudest loudspeakers from 2014!

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
You recommend the Note Edge? I ordered it as White Noise back up for work and sleep since I read it had one of the loudest speakers, at 87db. Is that true? I should get it tomorrow.

Noise terror - here are the 10 smartphones with the loudest loudspeakers from 2014!
I really never noticed if the speaker was louder than newer phones. I think the Note Edge is still an excellent phone for use today. I haven't been using it for my daily now for about a month. I'm using a Note 5 and an S7 edge and some iPhones (I have five lines on T-Mobile).

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
So I cleared the system cache last night on my Note 7, and all the animation stuttering is gone!!!! Apps also seem to be opening a little faster, and everything is a little smoother overall. Anybody having issues should try it. It won't hurt anything.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I hate that for some reason my auto correct does not fix words while i am typing.... all my settings are correct!!! i constantly have to go back and correct words... for example if im typing fast and type "tge" which is supposed to be THE normally it would correct it... nope doesnt to it for any words...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513