09-04-2016 09:39 PM
386 ... 1213141516
tools
    I'm sure it has been mentioned multiple times, my issue is the cost...even with the $200 trade-in.
    08-26-2016 03:36 PM
    Personally, I wish the battery was removable, but it wasn't a deal killer. I'm enjoying my Note 7 very much.
    08-26-2016 03:39 PM
    I don't like every time I use a speaker with Bluetooth I have to get rid of the warning about high volumes in order to increase the volume.
    08-27-2016 06:38 PM
    Spigen makes an excellent case that you can get on Amazon for about $10.
    08-29-2016 03:11 PM
    I hate that, too. My biggest complaint so far, in addition to this, is that whenever I reboot the phone, it resets the volume back below that threshold. And what's worse is that the level is way too low. When I play it through my car audio system, the sound is nearly inaudible even with the car volume turned up to the maximum. In order to get an acceptable volume level, I have to turn it up well past the point where that warning shows up.
    08-29-2016 03:14 PM
    So far:

1) I already mentioned the phone resetting my audio volume whenever I reboot, and the the default level is waaaaaaaay too low.

2) The controls on the bottom of the phone. The phone requires too precise a touch to a very small area in order for the phone to recognize it. The icons should be bigger.

3) On the calendar app, they removed reminder options. I often like to set a reminder 12 hours before a morning appointment so I can remember to set my alarm the night before. They got rid of that option. I can still set a reminder for 12 hours, but now I have to use several keystrokes where I previously use just one. They also got rid of the 2 hours before and 3 hours before options, which I sometimes found useful.
    08-29-2016 03:18 PM
    I feel like this phone was a Snapdragon 821, 6GB of RAM, 4000 mah battery away from quieting everyone. If I'm Samsung, though, this is the exact phone I release because even without all that, it's beyond excellent. The S8/S8 Edge? Going to be tough to beat that combination next year.
    Gray Area likes this.
    08-29-2016 03:18 PM
    So far:

1) I already mentioned the phone resetting my audio volume whenever I reboot, and the the default level is waaaaaaaay too low.

2) The controls on the bottom of the phone. The phone requires too precise a touch to a very small area in order for the phone to recognize it. The icons should be bigger.

3) On the calendar app, they removed reminder options. I often like to set a reminder 12 hours before a morning appointment so I can remember to set my alarm the night before. They got rid of that option. I can still set a reminder for 12 hours, but now I have to use several keystrokes where I previously use just one. They also got rid of the 2 hours before and 3 hours before options, which I sometimes found useful.
    Regarding the volume level...aren't all phones like this? I am assuming you are using an audio cable and not Bluetooth. I had the same issues with my Note5. Once I got a stereo with Bluetooth on it, those issues go away. I understand if you don't have Bluetooth. I just don't think it's relegated to just this phone.
    08-29-2016 05:41 PM
    Regarding the volume level...aren't all phones like this? I am assuming you are using an audio cable and not Bluetooth. I had the same issues with my Note5. Once I got a stereo with Bluetooth on it, those issues go away. I understand if you don't have Bluetooth. I just don't think it's relegated to just this phone.
    I know with wired headphones on other phones I've had the volume stays the same as I last set it.
    08-29-2016 06:08 PM
    Overall, LOVE IT! But... since you ask...
    1.) Battery life is average at best...
    2.) The edge handle will not properly register my touch, so the edge screen will only open 1-2 times out of 10. (Verizon is sending my local store another as they think it's hardware-related; perhaps a defective screen. I give them kudos for making that process hassle-free...)
    3.) Never been a fan of TouchWiz - using Nova Launcher.
    4.) Bluetooth seems a bit finicky when trying to connect to my fm trx in my vehicle.
    5.) The back glass does scratch easily - I've been very careful!
    08-29-2016 06:42 PM
    My only complaint has to do with accessories. It's too bad the companies that made screen protectors for the note 7 couldn't be bothered to design them better. No screen protector I've tried will stay on around the edges when you add a case to the mix.
    08-29-2016 07:08 PM
    THE LAG!!!!!!! Occasionally, keep taping to get it to respond!!!!!!

Battery life mucho better than the Note 3. & the GPS works!!! :-)
    08-29-2016 07:13 PM
    I know with wired headphones on other phones I've had the volume stays the same as I last set it.
    I've had the volume reset issue on my G4 and M8, so this is certainly not a Samsung specific issue. I've been using this app with a fair bit of success to work around this nag. It isn't 100%, but dang near close to it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.hearingsaver
    08-29-2016 07:20 PM
    My only complaint has to do with accessories. It's too bad the companies that made screen protectors for the note 7 couldn't be bothered to design them better. No screen protector I've tried will stay on around the edges when you add a case to the mix.
    Try a different case

08-29-2016 07:21 PM
    These speakers suck!
    08-29-2016 10:41 PM
    All that style of case are made with the same lip that comes up, and covers the edge screen. The lady with the UAG was in front of me getting her refund from her zagg.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    08-29-2016 11:00 PM
    Being that this is my first Note7, and my first Android, I dont like that they didn't give you more notification options for things like the edge notifications and lights, LED options for different accounts, and so far I can't seem to be able to add/use my own custom sounds for notifications. You would think that a device and OS that allows you to do so much, would have already had these options out of the box, and not force you to use questionable 3rd party apps for it.
    08-30-2016 06:45 PM
    I'm unsure how I feel about this phone.

I like it a lot but other times I feel meh about it...

Things I don't like:

-Fragility gate. I haven't experienced this myself (thankfully) but hearing stories about people's phones breaking from slight things like being in a cup holder makes me nervous.

-Occasionally lag. But to me I've experienced this in every Android phone I've owned since the G1 so my guess is that it will always be there.

-Lack of updates. This phone will probably not see nougat for a long time. I knew that when I bought it but it still a paint point.But this will always be a sore spot with any android flagship until samsung and other OEMs get the balls to muscle the carriers into allowing them to handle their updates like Apple did.
    I'm also wondering if samsung will continue to get security updates of reasonably fast like they have been.

-Bloatware. See last point.

This phone is great. Don't let me persuade you one way or another. I like the Note 7 a lot but to me the note line no longer has that little extra that used to make it so special to me.
    08-30-2016 06:58 PM
    Don't know if its it's been mentioned but the gallery app. Coming from a Note 4 I'm not use to the set up of the 7.
    08-30-2016 07:08 PM
    i don't own a Note 7(i have the S7 Edge), maybe this video will help some of you
    08-31-2016 09:10 PM
    These speakers suck!
    My note 7 speakers are very loud.
    Have you gone in and turned the setting up ?
    08-31-2016 09:37 PM
    I feel like this phone was a Snapdragon 821, 6GB of RAM, 4000 mah battery away from quieting everyone. If I'm Samsung, though, this is the exact phone I release because even without all that, it's beyond excellent. The S8/S8 Edge? Going to be tough to beat that combination next year.
    I think there still would have been complaints at the same rate, but different dynamics
    Gray Area likes this.
    08-31-2016 10:04 PM
    My note 7 speakers are very loud.
    Have you gone in and turned the setting up ?
    Yours has more than one??
    Super Dave426 and benjamminh like this.
    08-31-2016 10:05 PM
    The speaker sucks. I hate most of the bloatware can be disabled, and not uninstalled.
    Serkle K and toenail_flicker like this.
    08-31-2016 10:55 PM
    I will say that with the Note 7 I have come to dislike Tapatalk. It seems as though when I write out a post using my s-pen it looks like this.
    09-01-2016 02:17 AM
386 ... 1213141516