OWNERS: What do you NOT LIKE about your Galaxy Note 7?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I hate that for some reason my auto correct does not fix words while i am typing.... all my settings are correct!!! i constantly have to go back and correct words... for example if im typing fast and type "tge" which is supposed to be THE normally it would correct it... nope doesnt to it for any words...
Snouts me too. I may have to switch back to Google Keyboard if it doesn't fix itself.

Edit: I'm leaving snouts when I actually typed annoys to prove my point!

michellebjohn

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
So I cleared the system cache last night on my Note 7, and all the animation stuttering is gone!!!! Apps also seem to be opening a little faster, and everything is a little smoother overall. Anybody having issues should try it. It won't hurt anything.
Thanks this worked !

ChazHawk

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Battery life...I'm a heavy active user and my phone is down to 31% after 4 hours. Never used anything but Samsung's Note 2, 4 and now 7. Battery life has been a problem on all three phones. I'm so used to plugging my phone in all the time it's become normal. But I'm kinda getting tired of it. Oh well. Still love the phone. Amazing screen and everything else.

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
In the last 48 hours of ownership I've experienced quite a bit of lag...the phone heats up while charging and during use. The things that will always keep Samsung behind Apple in the eyes of the mainstream smartphone users is lag, and lack of system to battery optimization. iOS is nicely integrated with its hardware which helps with the smoothness of the user interface, and battery drain. Samsung and Android fall behind in these areas, and because of these issues, will be seen as inferior. However, it's something I've become accustomed to and will never go back to iOS, but is always an issue.

I'd say my biggest disappointment is the lag and stuttering. It's just a shame and pretty bothersome to me. The design and screen are amazing, but the UX doesn't match the hardware to me.

Also sort of meh on the edge panels so I've disabled them.

You both need to perform a hard reset of your devices.

Even out of the box, sometimes software can have little nuances that need to be cleared. Perform a hard reset and your issue should be fixed.

I had to do that with mine after 2 days of ownership. After that, no lag and stuttering.

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I hate that for some reason my auto correct does not fix words while i am typing.... all my settings are correct!!! i constantly have to go back and correct words... for example if im typing fast and type "tge" which is supposed to be THE normally it would correct it... nope doesnt to it for any words...

Same here, but it does autocorrect, but not words that I think are obvious. Like the "tge" situation you mentioned. My auto correct doesn't fix that either. LOL. But some words it does fix.

The Samsung keyboard learns from you, so just tap on the "tge" and the option in the middle will be "the" and hopefully the keyboard will learn.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
- I don't like how there are so many duplicate Google and Samsung applications. The phone looks bloated with two sets of apps: 'Calendar' 'Calendar', 'Clock', 'Clock', 'Gallery', 'Photos', 'Messenger', 'Messages' etc.

Mine only has the Samsung apps and not the duplicate Google apps... Maybe those are from when(if) you transferred your data

panzerghost

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Anyone notice an issues with the screen having inconsistent touch reception? My S-pen will just stop writing randomly and scrolling seems inconsistent at ttimes.

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I hate that action memo was removed, the "Link to action" is gone. Hopefully it comes back.

Do a search over at xda. They have an apk for an older version of S note. I downloaded it and now have the action memo back. Of course doesn't work for screen off memo but is great otherwise. Click side button on pen, double tap screen and the action memo pops up if you don't want to put a short cut on your home screen.

Brian Savoir

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Do a search over at xda. They have an apk for an older version of S note. I downloaded it and now have the action memo back. Of course doesn't work for screen off memo but is great otherwise. Click side button on pen, double tap screen and the action memo pops up if you don't want to put a short cut on your home screen.
Thanks, I found a video on YouTube this morning with a link to the app you speak of. I just don't understand why they would remove it. This is what i believed set the Galaxy note series aside from other note taking apps.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
The crappy auto correct and my lock screen settings don't stick. I can unlock my screen by swiping when I have it set to fingerprints and iris.

jmars125

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I don't like on the note 7 is when I answer a call it takes you to the call screen instead of like on the note 5 letting you keep using whatever app you were on with the call.

Mugen_Cris

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

The crappy auto correct and my lock screen settings don't stick. I can unlock my screen by swiping when I have it set to fingerprints and iris.

I had this issue too but it's a hidden setting. In the Lock screen and security section in Settings. Find "secure lock settings" and select it. From there click on "Secured lock time" and then select "Instantly with the power key or when the screen times out" hope that helps!

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
THE BAD
1. Tempered glass is a no go
2. Camera has stopped recording a couple of times mid video for no reason (same thing happened on my note 5)
3. Marshmallow!
4. Sometimes typing letters near the edges will give me alot of mistypes.
5. With even a thing case using edge features (swipe) can prove annoying to initiate, resulting in multiple swipes to activate
6. If you pin a Samsung note file to the desktop as a widget it causes a hesitation when you scroll across the desktop (this phones to powerful to have even a slight stutter)
7. Wireless charging seems slower than note 5 and s6 edge
8. Lastly I've experienced at least 1 or 2 times when recording video a slight stutter or skip in frames.

All of these nuisances can be corrected and probably will be once we get Android 7.0.

THE GOOD
1. Beautiful hardware (this coral blue and rose gold is excellent with top tier build materials)
2. TouchWiz has been tolerable since Note 5 and continues to improve
3. Love the camera and camera features (motion photo is excellent)
4. S-pen functionality is it's best implementation (gifs are fun)
5. Battery has proven to be better then note 5 so far
6. Beautiful display
7. Iris scanner is better than I expected and an excellent secondary option to fingerprint
8. Always on display is nice once I got use to it
9. Best implementation of battery saving functions.
10. Water/dust resistant is here again and hopefully for good!

Posted via the Android Central App

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My phone would be damn near perfect if screen recorded every click. So frustrating to click and get nothing then have to click again. It's so good in every other way that I hate to return it... but since very few people have complained it isn't common enough for Samsung to make a "fix" update. I have another week to decide but I am really torn about exchanging or waiting for a update to fix screen sensitivity. Typing is perfect which makes me think it isn't the digitizer but I'm clueless about this tech.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2