09-04-2016 09:39 PM
386 ... 13141516
tools
    But when I tap it out on the keyboard it looks like this.
    09-01-2016 02:18 AM
    But when I tap it out on the keyboard it looks like this.
    It looks the same?
    09-01-2016 07:22 AM
    09-01-2016 07:25 AM
    I do not like all the hate. Why do haters gotta hate? Taylor is such a wise woman!
    09-01-2016 08:30 AM
    I'm unsure how I feel about this phone.

I like it a lot but other times I feel meh about it...
    I agree on all counts so far. Didn't have the same reaction when I got my N4. Liked it immediately and was never on the fence about it. The biggest things I don't like are the glass back, the contacts setup (kinda sucky compared to previous versions), and the white on screens everywhere - thought by now they'd at least have the option to make it a night color, too.
    09-01-2016 08:58 AM
    I agree on all counts so far. Didn't have the same reaction when I got my N4. Liked it immediately and was never on the fence about it. The biggest things I don't like are the glass back, the contacts setup (kinda sucky compared to previous versions), and the white on screens everywhere - thought by now they'd at least have the option to make it a night color, too.
    They do. Its called themes. You can change all of that by downloading (many are free) and applying something lithe the Dark Material theme.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-01-2016 10:15 AM
    They do. Its called themes. You can change all of that by downloading (many are free) and applying something lithe the Dark Material theme.
    Thanks. I'll go look. I'm talking Sammy, and natively on phone. No app needed.
    09-01-2016 10:18 AM
    Says phone not eligible.
    09-01-2016 10:21 AM
    Found others and they need root. Need to wait for that.
    09-01-2016 10:31 AM
    Says phone not eligible.
    It's not an app, it is part of the OS -- so native to use your words. There are simply so many choices, having them come pre-loaded would be a mistake.

I am not sure what not eligible means or why you would get that message. Long press on the home screen then select Wallpapers & themes. On the new page that comes up, you can select from Wallpapers, Themes and Icons. Slide over to themes and there are a seemingly unlimited number to choose from, paid and free.

Not sure where you are, or what service you are on that would make this unavailable.
    09-01-2016 10:36 AM
    It's not an app, it is part of the OS -- so native to use your words. There are simply so many choices, having them come pre-loaded would be a mistake.

I am not sure what not eligible means or why you would get that message. Long press on the home screen then select Wallpapers & themes. On the new page that comes up, you can select from Wallpapers, Themes and Icons. Slide over to themes and there are a seemingly unlimited number to choose from, paid and free.

Not sure where you are, or what service you are on that would make this unavailable.
    Okay. Now I get it. I went to Play. I'll look again. That would be amazing. Thank you. And that is what I meant by native. Already on the phone and available. Many thanks!

And thanks for teaching something I had overlooked.
    SteelGator and crystinonfire like this.
    09-01-2016 12:59 PM
    09-01-2016 01:03 PM
    Got it. Now I hope it sticks when I change to my usual launcher. Probably not and based on whether it does or doesn't, I may stick with TouchWiz until I root.

WooHoo! It stuck. Nice. The white interface makes me nuts. So many thanks!
    SteelGator and Gray Area like this.
    09-01-2016 01:16 PM
    Got it. Now I hope it sticks when I change to my usual launcher. Probably not and based on whether it does or doesn't, I may stick with TouchWiz until I root.

WooHoo! It stuck. Nice. The white interface makes me nuts. So many thanks!
    Glad to help.
    09-01-2016 01:20 PM
    There is not a lot I do NOT like about my Note 7...I came over from iPhone 6s+ so a couple things that I miss:

1. Notifications that pop up on lock screen AND let you answer them from the lock screen - This is really for me just Text messages. It's so easy to answer a text from the iPhone in this manner without having to unlock the phone...I am sure that there are launchers and apps that do this but I don't want to worry about there being some sort of battery drain issue, etc. Should be stock item.

2. Wallet - Loved this on the iPhone...all my passes, gift cards, credit cards, boarding passes, etc in the same exact place all the time. It isn't enough to keep me from switching but loved this feature.

3. iMessage - I know, and I have Verizon SMS that works on my Mac too. What I wish VERIZON had was the ability to see when someone is answering my texts. That was great and something that I really do miss. Again, not enough to make me go back but a feature I really loved..

That's it since I am not stressing over battery life any longer with rapid charge available to me.
    09-01-2016 01:31 PM
    Lag
    Not on my N7.
    09-01-2016 01:32 PM
    Texting is a pain when tapping near the curve and no wifi calling with sprint as the provider. Step it up Sprint and Samsung, if I can't get this option working soon with the next update, I am going back to the Note 5 or to the enemy if that iPhone 7 looks good...
    09-01-2016 01:40 PM
    There is not a lot I do NOT like about my Note 7...I came over from iPhone 6s+ so a couple things that I miss:

1. Notifications that pop up on lock screen AND let you answer them from the lock screen - This is really for me just Text messages. It's so easy to answer a text from the iPhone in this manner without having to unlock the phone...I am sure that there are launchers and apps that do this but I don't want to worry about there being some sort of battery drain issue, etc. Should be stock item.

2. Wallet - Loved this on the iPhone...all my passes, gift cards, credit cards, boarding passes, etc in the same exact place all the time. It isn't enough to keep me from switching but loved this feature.

3. iMessage - I know, and I have Verizon SMS that works on my Mac too. What I wish VERIZON had was the ability to see when someone is answering my texts. That was great and something that I really do miss. Again, not enough to make me go back but a feature I really loved..

That's it since I am not stressing over battery life any longer with rapid charge available to me.
    1. Have you tried AOD (Always on Display)? You hit settings, search, Always on Display, click and modify. You can have all kinds of things on it and apps that are Marshmallow ready will likely have things you can do with it. Check the Google Store (Play). I don't use it, but I'm fairly certain you could do all of that before I turned it off.

2. Android Pay and Samsung Pay native on device. You must choose one or the other. Sammy had some great goodies on promo so I went with them to start with. Will likely switch later. Just want my $20.00

3. Sorry. Can't help here. Check the store for an app. So many free ones, just be careful for the ones that spam and are junk.
    09-01-2016 02:33 PM
    Texting is a pain when tapping near the curve and no wifi calling with sprint as the provider. Step it up Sprint and Samsung, if I can't get this option working soon with the next update, I am going back to the Note 5 or to the enemy if that iPhone 7 looks good...
    Definitely hate the curved glass and I thought I saw wifi calling in the setup but now can't find it.
    09-01-2016 02:35 PM
    no wifi calling with sprint as the provider
    https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/224422

On it's way back in the next update. They weren't thinking clearly when they removed it or the programmers forgot it.
    09-01-2016 02:57 PM

That i read is part of soon to be 7.0 N
    09-01-2016 03:01 PM
    I can't open a text message from the lock screen without having to swipe the screen. On my S7 Edge, I could drag down the text notification on my lock screen, tap the message and then go straight into the app. For some reason, on the Note 7, I try to do the same and the screen dims and I have to swipe the screen to get to the app.

I also don't like the new Settings drop down menu. I can no longer long press an option (e.g. WiFi) and then be taken into that specific setting. Now, long pressing any of the settings icons only allows you to drag the icons around.
    09-01-2016 04:32 PM
    I've never been able to get wifi calling to work properly since it's inception! Not on my s5, s6e, note 5 or note 7. It's been really disappointing.
    09-01-2016 06:44 PM

If you were on T-Mobile or ATT that wouldn't be an issue... Just saying
    Being that this is my first Note7, and my first Android, I dont like that they didn't give you more notification options for things like the edge notifications and lights, LED options for different accounts, and so far I can't seem to be able to add/use my own custom sounds for notifications. You would think that a device and OS that allows you to do so much, would have already had these options out of the box, and not force you to use questionable 3rd party apps for it.
    There's apps for most of that... Try Zedge for ringtones

Allowing you to reply to text on the lock screen would mean having your phone unsecure which Samsung is mostly against...
    09-03-2016 08:03 PM
    Odd, it looked the same for me on Tapatalk.... Thanks for screenshot!
    09-03-2016 08:09 PM
386 ... 13141516