OWNERS: What do you NOT LIKE about your Galaxy Note 7?

Arsenio Martins

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I feel you. I've used nova on all my phones. Going to give touch wiz a try this go around. Coming from nova how do you like it? Are there gestures? Fluid transition between screens?

Sent from Sir Cletus Sexy IV.
(S7 Edge Titanium)
I gavr it a shot ansld installed Nova. Why? Gestures. Swipe down from anywhere for the notification shade. Swipe up to open the app tray. Now i can remove the app drawer button, similar to Android Nougat.

Transitions are fluid. No issues. Edge and s pen work wothout issue.

Changed app and folder backgrounds to black to save battery.

Arsenio Martins

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
One issue i seem to be having is that it seems difficult to pull the pen out with a case on. I dont have long fingernails so its hard trying to grab the edge and pull it out.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Not a big fan of the ringtones and notification sounds, but that's an easy fix. The speaker is subpar compared to the Moto X Pure I'm coming from, but I expected that given the single bottom speaker and water resistance. I'm giving it a go with some of the Samsung apps to see how I like them, but I see myself eventually going back to Swiftkey, Textra, and Nova.
The notification and ringtones are petty bad.

I've already had to go back to using CloudMagic for mail and Textra. Samsung's mail app doesn't play as nice with my primary email, and I don't like that with Samsung's stock messaging app I can't get text notifications with just the sender's name. Seems that you get name and preview of the message contents or just a generic new message notification.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
After spending a few hours setting up and playing with my 7, I inserted the SIM card and, in vain, attempted to activate the phone :(
Eventually, I broke down and called AT&T---but I'm uncertain whether to believe what the rep told me . . .
He said the 7s cannot be activated till release day---tomorrow.

Is that true?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
After spending a few hours setting up and playing with my 7, I inserted the SIM card and, in vain, attempted to activate the phone :(
Eventually, I broke down and called AT&T---but I'm uncertain whether to believe what the rep told me . . .
He said the 7s cannot be activated till release day---tomorrow.

Is that true?
Weird! I just switched Sims in mine and it worked fine. I'm on T-Mobile though

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
The notification and ringtones are petty bad.

I've already had to go back to using CloudMagic for mail and Textra. Samsung's mail app doesn't play as nice with my primary email, and I don't like that with Samsung's stock messaging app I can't get text notifications with just the sender's name. Seems that you get name and preview of the message contents or just a generic new message notification.
Yep, not a lot of customization in the stock Messages app which will probably push me back to Textra. I like a darker theme. Surprisingly, I'm pretty happy with the email app.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Yep, not a lot of customization in the stock Messages app which will probably push me back to Textra. I like a darker theme. Surprisingly, I'm pretty happy with the email app.
I wanted to try the mail app, but it said I'd have to configure it manually. I've already paid for CloudMagic anyway so just installed it.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to try the mail app, but it said I'd have to configure it manually. I've already paid for CloudMagic anyway so just installed it.

My 4 active email accounts jumped right into my 7 :) Most efficient email accounts I ever got! In the past I've had to manually install 'em.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
My 4 active email accounts jumped right into my 7 :) Most efficient email accounts I ever got! In the past I've had to manually install 'em.
My main email is an @me address I've used for a really long time. In fact I don't even use my gmail address for much other than signing in for Android. I don't use Google services all that much at all.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Looks like they removed the auto changing lock screen wallpaper option.
Or I can't find it.

What?! Nooo. How am I going to enjoy ALL my Winter Soldier wallpapers?

I don't like the borders around the icons. Glad you can disable them. They look trashy.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
What?! Nooo. How am I going to enjoy ALL my Winter Soldier wallpapers?

I don't like the borders around the icons. Glad you can disable them. They look trashy.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
After using iOS for so many years I don't mind that the icons are uniform with the borders. I've always been annoyed by Android's freeform icons. To be honest allot of TW design decisions are similar to iOS. Just in some ways though. It's kind of more familiar to me than I expected.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2