09-04-2016 09:39 PM
386 1234 ...
tools
    After spending a few hours setting up and playing with my 7, I inserted the SIM card and, in vain, attempted to activate the phone
    Eventually, I broke down and called AT&T---but I'm uncertain whether to believe what the rep told me . . .
    He said the 7s cannot be activated till release day---tomorrow.

Is that true?
    08-18-2016 10:08 PM
    After spending a few hours setting up and playing with my 7, I inserted the SIM card and, in vain, attempted to activate the phone
    Eventually, I broke down and called AT&T---but I'm uncertain whether to believe what the rep told me . . .
    He said the 7s cannot be activated till release day---tomorrow.

Is that true?
    Weird! I just switched Sims in mine and it worked fine. I'm on T-Mobile though
    hummingbirdhill and AS7Edge like this.
    08-18-2016 10:10 PM
    Mine worked fine. Switched SIM from old phone.
    08-18-2016 10:12 PM
    Can you delete a lot or all the bloat on the phone?
    08-18-2016 10:12 PM
    I haven't checked too deeply into that, but the only thing I've disabled is the lookout security app. My experience says those things are unnecessary.
    08-18-2016 10:14 PM
    I think only one that I didn't want was deleteable but I DISABLED many many many, and a few I could only FORCE STOP
    08-18-2016 10:15 PM
    The notification and ringtones are petty bad.

I've already had to go back to using CloudMagic for mail and Textra. Samsung's mail app doesn't play as nice with my primary email, and I don't like that with Samsung's stock messaging app I can't get text notifications with just the sender's name. Seems that you get name and preview of the message contents or just a generic new message notification.
    Yep, not a lot of customization in the stock Messages app which will probably push me back to Textra. I like a darker theme. Surprisingly, I'm pretty happy with the email app.
    08-18-2016 10:15 PM
    Yep, not a lot of customization in the stock Messages app which will probably push me back to Textra. I like a darker theme. Surprisingly, I'm pretty happy with the email app.
    I wanted to try the mail app, but it said I'd have to configure it manually. I've already paid for CloudMagic anyway so just installed it.
    08-18-2016 10:17 PM
    I actually don't care much for marshmallow. Everything seems pale and anemic so I def greatly anticipate nougat . . .
    sandra_17 likes this.
    08-18-2016 10:18 PM
    Looks like they removed the auto changing lock screen wallpaper option.
    Or I can't find it.
    08-18-2016 10:18 PM
    I wanted to try the mail app, but it said I'd have to configure it manually. I've already paid for CloudMagic anyway so just installed it.
    My 4 active email accounts jumped right into my 7 Most efficient email accounts I ever got! In the past I've had to manually install 'em.
    08-18-2016 10:20 PM
    My 4 active email accounts jumped right into my 7 Most efficient email accounts I ever got! In the past I've had to manually install 'em.
    My main email is an @me address I've used for a really long time. In fact I don't even use my gmail address for much other than signing in for Android. I don't use Google services all that much at all.
    hummingbirdhill and Jeff0575 like this.
    08-18-2016 10:23 PM
    Looks like they removed the auto changing lock screen wallpaper option.
    Or I can't find it.
    What?! Nooo. How am I going to enjoy ALL my Winter Soldier wallpapers?

I don't like the borders around the icons. Glad you can disable them. They look trashy.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    08-18-2016 10:26 PM

I don't like the borders around the icons. Glad you can disable them. They look trashy.

Read somewhere you can change that.
    08-18-2016 10:30 PM

After using iOS for so many years I don't mind that the icons are uniform with the borders. I've always been annoyed by Android's freeform icons. To be honest allot of TW design decisions are similar to iOS. Just in some ways though. It's kind of more familiar to me than I expected.
    08-18-2016 10:31 PM
    After using iOS for so many years I don't mind that the icons are uniform with the borders. I've always been annoyed by Android's freeform icons. To be honest allot of TW design decisions are similar to iOS. Just in some ways though. It's kind of more familiar to me than I expected.
    That's probably why I didn't like them 😈

msm0511 likes this.
    08-18-2016 10:34 PM
    I'm having trouble getting used to the capacitive keys as well. Especially with back and recent apps on opposite sides from where I'm used to.
    Dutch R likes this.
    08-18-2016 10:38 PM
    I didn't even set up the TouchWiz home screen. I installed Nova Prime right away. I don't mind TouchWiz, but I can't stand the icons.
    Same here
    08-18-2016 10:41 PM
    I'm having trouble getting used to the capacitive keys as well. Especially with back and recent apps on opposite sides from where I'm used to.
    Yeah. They moved them a little it seems. My muscle memory is not hitting them well so far. I am sure a few days of use will fix that.
    08-18-2016 11:06 PM
    Yeah. They moved them a little it seems. My muscle memory is not hitting them well so far. I am sure a few days of use will fix that.
    Same.

However, my thumbs have been Note programmed forever. I was frustrated because I thought I was becoming an elderly drunk with my S7E, turns out I have 5.7" capacitive phlanges.

msm0511 likes this.
    08-18-2016 11:09 PM
    I've never used capacitive keys before. Only onscreen buttons. Plus they've always been back on the left, recent on right on all the other Android phones I've had. Gonna take a while to get used to that.
    08-18-2016 11:11 PM
    I like mine very much so far, except for this extra line in the notification panel nowadays. It's not Quick Connect, and it appears any time I have a bluetooth device connected. Any idea how to get rid of this? I looked around a bit, and no luck. I am on Verizon if others aren't seeing this:

OWNERS: What do you NOT LIKE about your Galaxy Note 7?-screenshot_20160819-002249.jpg
    08-18-2016 11:26 PM
    I like mine very much so far, except for this extra line in the notification panel nowadays. It's not Quick Connect, and it appears any time I have a bluetooth device connected. Any idea how to get rid of this? I looked around a bit, and no luck. I am on Verizon if others aren't seeing this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160819-002249.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	187.4 KB 
ID:	235954
    Would that be your earphones plugged in? I've never used earphones on a cellphone so pardon my ignorance if this is incorrect!
    08-18-2016 11:36 PM
    Would that be your earphones plugged in? I've never used earphones on a cellphone so pardon my ignorance if this is incorrect!
    This happened to be a bluetooth ear piece. But it happens if I connect any bluetooth device it seems.
    08-18-2016 11:44 PM
    Always on display isn't working on mine. Looks like I'll be heading to T-Mobile in the morning for an exchange.
    08-19-2016 01:50 AM
386 1234 ...