09-04-2016 09:39 PM
386 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Did you go into about, and tap on the build number a bunch of times (6 or 7 if I recall correctly) to turn on developer mode?
    That was it. Thanks. Now my phone is more "snappy".
    jordans0nly likes this.
    08-19-2016 08:37 AM
    Wow cant believe how negative you all are.... Dont like take back

Please

How about some focusing on the good... Wow these forums now how to kill. Enthusiasm

Posted via the Android Central App
    Jona005, ladyc0524 and msndrstood like this.
    08-19-2016 08:40 AM
    If Google now is integrated in the TouchWiz launcher instead of that stupid briefing i would use TouchWiz launcher. Until then I'll be using google now launcher. I believe Sony worked with Google to get the google now page to the left of the Sony launcher so hopefully it comes as an option with other OEM launcher as well.
    jordans0nly and kilofoxtrot like this.
    08-19-2016 08:40 AM
    And I'm hating that Messages is grayed out in Smart Switch. I need a lot of my messages and cannot figure out why Smart Switch is hating on me. Stuck on the S7E until I figure it out.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    08-19-2016 08:41 AM
    That was it. Thanks. Now my phone is more "snappy".
    Yeah, I enabled the DEV options too on my VZ Note 7. I see a cool option for "USB configuration". I changed that from "charging" to "MTP" so now I don't have to change that every single time I connect it to my PC :-) , or to Samsung Smart Switch. Good stuff.
    kilofoxtrot likes this.
    08-19-2016 08:43 AM
    That no tempered glass screen protector fits
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    08-19-2016 08:45 AM

Please

How about some focusing on the good... Wow these forums now how to kill. Enthusiasm

Most of the stuff I mentioned are just little niggles, not make or break. A few things are just adjusting to Samsung's way. I do like mine though.
    cvail likes this.
    08-19-2016 08:49 AM
    Just bought mine today. I just want to preface this post by saying I think it's a really great phone overall. But it's not perfect:

- It's an absolute fingerprint magnet. The back constantly looks 'dirty' with fingerprints. yup,just about all phones are.
    - Samsung's Touchwiz software I have to say feels quite slow when compared to the HTC 10 or Nexus 6P. Seems to have delay when opening an app or going back to the home screen. Also notice stuttering when swiping across screens, pulling down the notification bar, and just generally navigating through the UI. It's not big or distracting, but it's just not as fast as the HTC 10 for me ..I just don't see this. Mine flies. I see this from folks occasionally and I wonder why I don't have any issues. Mine is very very zippy, as was my Note 5.
    - The speaker is quite poor. Sounds muted, as if someone is covering the speaker with something. Yup, this is about how Samsung phones are, but not news really. Coming from a HTC phone, it must seem bad.
    - I don't like how there are so many duplicate Google and Samsung applications. The phone looks bloated with two sets of apps: 'Calendar' 'Calendar', 'Clock', 'Clock', 'Gallery', 'Photos', 'Messenger', 'Messages' etc Really not news either, and easily remedied.
    - I don't like that I have to create a Samsung account if I want to use any of the Samsung stuff. I just want to download a different theme....don't see why I need to sign up to a Samsung account....I can see this to a point, but for me, it's not a big deal, it's an account. I must have 1000 of them with different companies by now :-)
    Have you had Samsung phones before? I can see where this might be bothersome a bit, but most of this is known, or IMO not really an issue. That said, these things are important to some, thanks for pointing them out to folks who never used Samsung phones before. I don't have any lag or stuttering like you, but I can understand to a point some concern with the rest.
    08-19-2016 08:52 AM
    I don't know. There's barely anything that I don't like.

Battery life is a little "meh" for me as of right now, but it's steadily improving.

Other than that, loving it.

(SM-N930F variant, if anyone asks)
    dsignori and yomny Martinez like this.
    08-19-2016 09:00 AM
    FOR THOSE HAVING AOD issues..that was resolved in another thread. MAKE SURE YOU update AOD. You will need a latest version as what the user said and it fixed the problem.
    keepnitreel and mia_xoxo like this.
    08-19-2016 09:20 AM

Please

Well the thread is titled "What do you NOT LIKE about your Galaxy Note 7", so i would say all the negative comments are welcome here.
    08-19-2016 09:31 AM
    I do find it funny that the negative thread has so many responses this quickly, and the "what do you like" thread has already fallen off the page.

People are attracted to negativity, plain and simple. Negative threads always have a zillion responses lol
    queenren, ladyc0524 and cwbcpa like this.
    08-19-2016 09:36 AM
    Negativity sells, just ask the media.
    From A Buick 8 and ladyc0524 like this.
    08-19-2016 09:40 AM

Please

Well...this thread is about nitpicking, isn't it. Basically, OP just seems to be asking what is keeping this from being the perfect phone in your opinion.
    Dracolan likes this.
    08-19-2016 09:44 AM
    So far the battery life has me a bit worried and its laggy, compared to my LG G5.
    08-19-2016 09:47 AM
    I have to download an app to control the capacitive button lights now? Really???

For those looking for a way to turn the backlight off always or control the time they stay on, here is the control that was in the settings menu of your Note 4.

Galaxy Button Lights 2
    Used this on n5 as well. Stupid that we need this app though

08-19-2016 09:53 AM
    And I'm hating that Messages is grayed out in Smart Switch. I need a lot of my messages and cannot figure out why Smart Switch is hating on me. Stuck on the S7E until I figure it out.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    Did you do wireless or wired? I got all my messages transferred. That's strange.

08-19-2016 09:55 AM
    I love the phone thus far. I would say there is an adjustment period. Coming from the n5 I was used to the stock dialer and the menu setup. Both are much different. Nothing to be pissed about but just different. Not long enough to tell but initial feeling is battery life is solid and better than the n5.

08-19-2016 09:57 AM
    If Google now is integrated in the TouchWiz launcher instead of that stupid briefing i would use TouchWiz launcher. Until then I'll be using google now launcher. I believe Sony worked with Google to get the google now page to the left of the Sony launcher so hopefully it comes as an option with other OEM launcher as well.
    I agree with this. I love Google Now on the left. Right now, trying to gove TW a real trial, I have put Google Now into my Edge Apps, which may be an even faster way to get to it.
    7AndTRT likes this.
    08-19-2016 10:19 AM
    I agree with this. I love Google Now on the left. Right now, trying to gove TW a real trial, I have put Google Now into my Edge Apps, which may be an even faster way to get to it.
    Hmm yeah that's a good work around... Will give it a shot and see how it works out
    08-19-2016 10:22 AM
    Well...this thread is about nitpicking, isn't it. Basically, OP just seems to be asking what is keeping this from being the perfect phone in your opinion.
    To put a positive spin on it, as folks mention negatives, fixes are also listed. Many of the negatives may be solvable.

I need to read the positive thread, that is normally a great place to hear about features I don't use, but should maybe try.
    crystinonfire likes this.
    08-19-2016 10:24 AM
    I like reading these threads before going to get the phone. It levels out my expectations to where I'm not severely disappointed. (Should have done the same before I went and watched Suicide Squad )
    08-19-2016 10:47 AM
    The only thing I didn't like as much is the new note system. However I downloaded the snote app. I'm a very happy camper. I am in love with this phone and think this is the best note phone yet. My kid is trying to steal this phone from me. lol.
    jeffg9 likes this.
    08-19-2016 10:55 AM
    I do find it funny that the negative thread has so many responses this quickly, and the "what do you like" thread has already fallen off the page.

People are attracted to negativity, plain and simple. Negative threads always have a zillion responses lol
    Where's that thread?
    08-19-2016 11:00 AM
    The ONLY thing that is bothering me, is that I cannot set a Live Wallpaper for the Home AND Lock screen. Just can't do it.

WHY Samsung, WHY??
    08-19-2016 11:06 AM
386 ... 23456 ...