09-04-2016 09:39 PM
386 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Or just buy case friendly screen protectors??
    Limited supply on that for now, but it would be better to have both work together.
    08-19-2016 09:18 PM
    I don't like that you can't have the always on time feature going if you also want to use the night edge clock. You can only use one of them.
    08-19-2016 09:34 PM
    I've seen this but it doesn't work the same. It's basically just a note taking app now and not really integrated into the OS as it was before.
    08-19-2016 09:48 PM
    I do miss my Moto Display The AOD would be cool if you could turn it only only to light up when you get messages.
    08-19-2016 09:50 PM
    Only thing I don't like so far is the iris scanner.
    Stupid thing doesn't like my eyes I guess.
    Doesn't work right for me at all.
    Great idea though!
    Really, I was shocked to find that it can read through my sunglasses today. I'm impressed with it
    08-19-2016 10:15 PM
    I do miss my Moto Display The AOD would be cool if you could turn it only only to light up when you get messages.
    It wouldn't be called always on display then .
    jordans0nly and co.ag.2005 like this.
    08-19-2016 10:20 PM
    I don't like that I can't change the brightness of the capacitive keys. I definitely remember being able to do that on my Note 4. I don't want to install another app to do so. Samsung why take that away? Those keys are cornea scorchers in the dark.
    I use galaxy button lights app and turn them off
    08-19-2016 10:21 PM
    Google Photos huh? Is that a local app or does it require everything to be uploaded to them?

Definitely, Definitely use Google Photos. :-)

You get unlimited free storage at pretty high quality (up to 16m, videos up to 1080p), or you can get 15GB free to store everything in original quality. You can buy additional storage if needed, but if you stick to the default high quality, you get unlimited storage. The app backs up automatically when you take pics or videos, with settings for Wifi only uploads if you want. It has a desktop site, iOS apps for iPhone and iPad, and an absolutely terrific Android app. The search alone in the Android app is insanely great (Search "beach" and it finds all your beach photos for example - without you labeling anything. Search faces, locations, times, etc) . It's intuitive and fun to use. You can upload pics from your phone, or from your desktop or both, etc. And once you take a pic, it is available anywhere you login obviously.

IMO it is Google's best app.
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    08-19-2016 10:30 PM
    Soooooooooooooo slippery without a case. I feel like it's milliseconds from shootings out of my hands and going full slinky down the stairs. Supposed to wait for screen protector to settle and expand before putting case on or title bubble (nowhere here has the tempered glass ones yet).

That and how long smart switch takes from the note 5

And tip for whoever hates the keyboard: Get the Blackberry keyboard from BlackBerry Manager App. Scrumptious.

Posted via the Android Central App
    cynth.hgn likes this.
    08-19-2016 10:31 PM
    It wouldn't be called always on display then .
    I know. Lol. But make it fade a little or something. Lol.
    08-19-2016 10:32 PM
    But all those icon packs in the store though.
    Are they actually decent? Do they have 1,500+ icons like the icon packs in the play store? Or is it mostly stock icons themed?
    08-19-2016 10:37 PM
    I don't like that I can't change the brightness of the capacitive keys. I definitely remember being able to do that on my Note 4. I don't want to install another app to do so. Samsung why take that away? Those keys are cornea scorchers in the dark.
    You can turn off those lights with Galaxy Button Lights 2
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ybuttonlights2
    08-19-2016 10:39 PM
    Only thing I don't like so far is the iris scanner.
    Stupid thing doesn't like my eyes I guess.
    Doesn't work right for me at all.
    Great idea though!
    I'm sorry. Maybe try it again. Mine works great 99% of the time.
    08-19-2016 10:41 PM
    I love the phone. It has not disappointed me at all and hopefully it won't. I had hoped that Samsung would allow us to dismiss the high volume warning for headphone and BT sound, but it is still there every time the phone is reset. It has been a pain on their phones for awhile. Minor problem and nothing specific to this phone. All Sumsungs have it. Great, beautiful phone!
    MarqBland likes this.
    08-19-2016 10:47 PM
    Are they actually decent? Do they have 1,500+ icons like the icon packs in the play store? Or is it mostly stock icons themed?
    No. They're not decent. Not any of the ones I saw anyway.
    itsnotmeitsyou likes this.
    08-19-2016 10:49 PM
    No. They're not decent. Not any of the ones I saw anyway.
    That's what I figured. Yet they somehow justify charging for them when there are packs in the Play Store with thousands of themed icons for the same price. Same thing with the full themes. If only they could make the themes as detailed as CM themes, then I could justify spending money on them. I've purchased a couple, but when most of the decent ones started creating a new version of the same theme and charging for it again instead of updating the existing one, I stopped.
    08-19-2016 10:57 PM
    I love the phone. It has not disappointed me at all and hopefully it won't. I had hoped that Samsung would allow us to dismiss the high volume warning for headphone and BT sound, but it is still there every time the phone is reset. It has been a pain on their phones for awhile. Minor problem and nothing specific to this phone. All Sumsungs have it. Great, beautiful phone!
    It's not just samsung... my LG g2 did the same thing, but worse... It would sometimes drop the volume while playing music( after I had already dismissed the warning) , and I'd wake it up to see that message... very annoying.

At least sammy's only warn when you first plug headphones in...

But yeah... I can't stand that either. I'm not 2 yrs old, I know what volume i want!
    Doug Moffat likes this.
    08-19-2016 11:04 PM
    That's what I figured. Yet they somehow justify charging for them when there are packs in the Play Store with thousands of themed icons for the same price. Same thing with the full themes. If only they could make the themes as detailed as CM themes, then I could justify spending money on them. I've purchased a couple, but when most of the decent ones started creating a new version of the same theme and charging for it again instead of updating the existing one, I stopped.
    I was kinda hoping it'd be more like HTC's theming engine. It has a store as well, but you can also build your own themes on the phone. It's really nice. I'm not unhappy with Samsung's though. If I start getting annoyed with it, I can always just install Nova and use my last backup to set my Note up the way my old phone is.
    08-19-2016 11:06 PM
    I keep getting pop up " driving mode activated" anyone else? How do I turn it off for good
    08-19-2016 11:11 PM
    My wife wants to throw her 2 cents in that the options for cute cases are limited now. As slippery as that thing is, I don't blame her. I almost dropped it without even realizing it was sliding out of my hand. Thankfully I was laying down with it over me, so nothing would have been hurt. So that's my complaint. Too thin, too light, too slippery, and too prone to being dropped.

Then again, it's not mine. XD
    08-19-2016 11:40 PM
    I had hoped that Samsung would allow us to dismiss the high volume warning for headphone and BT sound, but it is still there every time the phone is reset. It has been a pain on their phones for awhile. Minor problem and nothing specific to this phone. All Sumsungs have it. Great, beautiful phone!
    HaHa! yes, this! I feel exactly the same way. Tiny little thing, but drives me nuts too. :-)
    08-19-2016 11:46 PM
    Trying to find a screen protector that will stay on with a case is my only issue.
    Same here

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-20-2016 01:24 AM
    I dont want to say i dont like it, but it is a little annoying. I cant long press with my fingers in the app menu. Only seems to work with my thumb, and on the home screen 6 out 10 tries it doesnt work either, have to use my thumb. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...Y4WTNtVVkyRWhZ
    08-20-2016 01:50 AM
    I've seen this but it doesn't work the same. It's basically just a note taking app now and not really integrated into the OS as it was before.
    It's basically a beefed up S Memo. I Don't like it. I was expecting more.
    08-20-2016 02:09 AM
    In the app drawer, I can't just drag an icon into a folder directly. I have to first select edit. I am used to other smartphones where ou don't have to do that so this is super annoying.

Also, I think the camera so far is a bit over rated. The post processing really over exaggerates the saturation where everything looks too "pasty." You can also forget about taking low light photos without a flash!
    08-20-2016 03:28 AM
386 ... 56789 ...