09-04-2016 09:39 PM
386 ... 678910 ...
tools
    How did you get the SM-N930F variant so fast?
    Got it in an Asian country, since I'm here now.

Some countries in Asia already have the 930F.
    08-20-2016 04:35 AM
    Don't have one yet but most people complaining about the edge screen there're no protectors for it
    08-20-2016 04:39 AM
    Finding a case that has lip protection on the front for the sides of this phones. I have found a screen protector that covers the whole front of the phone edges included but have yet to find a case that provides adequate lip protection for the edges.

That and touchwiz. Yuck.
    08-20-2016 04:49 AM
    Which is why even though I always say I'm going to be adventurous with colors on my next phone, I always end up going safe with black or gray lol
    That cause you're not adventurous. You rather be like everyone else.
    08-20-2016 05:42 AM
    both. it will show you all your local stuff. when u run it the first time, it will ask if you want to sync with the cloud (drive). i didnt used to, but as of late i have been and its very convenient; but not required.
    Very convenient is right. I also see my photos synced to Google Maps in the Timeline to help jog my memory as to Who?, What?, Where? and When? I bought more storage and now have a terabyte. I especially like how on every device linked/synced to my Google account that Photos will dredge-up pictures which I either thought were lost or that I don't recall ever having taken.
    08-20-2016 05:59 AM
    Speaker very tinny. Hate it. Distortion on speakerphone on max volume. LED colors look washed out. File structure is odd like lightflow settings backup file goes to downloads instead of lightflow folder.
    08-20-2016 06:20 AM
    Smart lock does not keep the phone unlocked. I still have to use my fingerprint. Wondering if it's my exchange policy.
    08-20-2016 06:22 AM
    Also the screen protector situation is pretty bleak. I went through Spigen, icarez, iq shield, illumishield, and xtremeguard and they are all crap. Only the iq shield even worked as advertised, but it doesn't work with a case.

Hopefully my new wet application case friendly protector will arrive soon.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    08-20-2016 06:53 AM
    Also the screen protector situation is pretty bleak. I went through Spigen, icarez, iq shield, illumishield, and xtremeguard and they are all crap. Only the iq shield even worked as advertised, but it doesn't work with a case.

"illumishield"; did you receive their retooled version?
    08-20-2016 06:59 AM
    Or just buy case friendly screen protectors??
    I did. The InvisibleShield HD claims it's "case-friendly", but it totally is not.
    08-20-2016 10:21 AM
    Found one more thing I don't like. Looks like Samsung tinkered with Do Not Disturb. You can only turn it off and on manually. On my nexus you could turn it on for a specified amount of time or my most often used, off until next alarm. Seems you can't do that here. Yes, i see you can set schedules but that's just not the same.
    08-20-2016 10:31 AM
    So far i gave found that mms doesn't work WITHOUT wifi. I'm sure it's a setting somewhere but i havent found it yet. Also my 4G LTE service bars are practically non existent in places that I always had full servixe with no issue. It tends to bounce around alot (full bars then no bars then 5 bars then 2).

I'm fairly new to the android techy world so please be gentle . If there are settings and techniques to try im open to suggestions!

I'm coming from the Note Edge which conveniently started to brick the moment I finished my pre-order, haha! Verizon wireless is my carrier, network set to Global.

Thanks!
    08-20-2016 10:34 AM
    So far i gave found that mms doesn't work WITHOUT wifi. I'm sure it's a setting somewhere but i havent found it yet. Also my 4G LTE service bars are practically non existent in places that I always had full servixe with no issue. It tends to bounce around alot (full bars then no bars then 5 bars then 2).

I'm fairly new to the android techy world so please be gentle . If there are settings and techniques to try im open to suggestions!

I'm coming from the Note Edge which conveniently started to brick the moment I finished my pre-order, haha! Verizon wireless is my carrier, network set to Global.

Thanks!
    That's weird! My S7E started acting rebellious knowing I was going to replace it. Mostly with the Samsung keyboard, which I've never had an issue with. I only keep icons on my main screen in the icon tray on the bottom and when the keyboard would go away those four icons would be in the middle of my home screen for one to ten seconds.

They know. Old phones know.

Posted from the N7 Dolphin Tears™ on Big Red
    08-20-2016 10:40 AM
    Video playback with stock player or vlc is grainy. Note 5 was crystal clear.
    stevenjak likes this.
    08-20-2016 10:47 AM
    Not a big fan of the ringtones and notification sounds, but that's an easy fix. The speaker is subpar compared to the Moto X Pure I'm coming from, but I expected that given the single bottom speaker and water resistance. I'm giving it a go with some of the Samsung apps to see how I like them, but I see myself eventually going back to Swiftkey, Textra, and Nova.
    I gave my MXPE to my son, but miss the stereo speakers and the device just feels more rugged than the N7. Everything else though IMO seems to favor the N7 so far.
    pcsperson likes this.
    08-20-2016 10:56 AM

I'm using the Smart Folio Case since provides protection when needed. Some of the cases I noticed at BB cover up the curve part of display. Poor design.
    08-20-2016 11:00 AM
    Just made a call to the wife and the N7 Mic made her sound very tinny. Both phones were using HD calling, but this was the worst I've heard anyone sound on a cell phone.
    08-20-2016 11:05 AM
    How did you get the SM-N930F variant so fast?
    What is the relevance of this variant? It's the one I got from Verizon by ordering online.
    08-20-2016 11:05 AM
    I gave my MXPE to my son, but miss the stereo speakers and the device just feels more rugged than the N7. Everything else though IMO seems to favor the N7 so far.
    Agreed. I think the only 2 things I miss from my Moto are the stereo speakers and being able to swipe down on Moto display to unlock the phone instead of having to push a button first.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    08-20-2016 11:17 AM
    So far the only thing i don't like is the Action Memo being gone. The new way to keep notes on your home screen isn't as quick and easy as action memo was.

Other than that I'm really enjoying it!
    08-20-2016 11:24 AM
    My only complaint so far is that the edges are basically useless. I already miss the more pronounced curved edges on my S6edge+. The night clock on the edge isn't very viewable on the note 7 as it is on the edge+ as it is more on the top of the screen as the edge is too small to display anything viewable from the side. Other than that it's an excellent device.
    Where did you find the night clock on the edge? I dont see that anywhere.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-20-2016 11:48 AM
    I don't ) like the curved screen ,but im getting used to it
    08-20-2016 11:56 AM
    What is the relevance of this variant? It's the one I got from Verizon by ordering online.
    The SM-N930F is an unlocked variant that runs on an Exynos 8890.

There's also an SM-N930FD, which is the same phone but has a hybrid secondary SIM slot, where it either accepts a second SIM card or a microSD card. However, it reports itself as a 930F.
    08-20-2016 12:57 PM
    The keyboard. I was using the samsung keyboard on the note 5 but the keyboards look different. Which keyboards do you guys suggest?
    08-20-2016 04:38 PM
    The keyboard. I was using the samsung keyboard on the note 5 but the keyboards look different. Which keyboards do you guys suggest?
    I have always used SwiftKey. Some love it .. some hate it.
    Delirious D likes this.
    08-20-2016 04:46 PM
386 ... 678910 ...