OWNERS: What do you NOT LIKE about your Galaxy Note 7?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
After using iOS for so many years I don't mind that the icons are uniform with the borders. I've always been annoyed by Android's freeform icons. To be honest allot of TW design decisions are similar to iOS. Just in some ways though. It's kind of more familiar to me than I expected.

That's probably why I didn't like them 😈

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm having trouble getting used to the capacitive keys as well. Especially with back and recent apps on opposite sides from where I'm used to.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm having trouble getting used to the capacitive keys as well. Especially with back and recent apps on opposite sides from where I'm used to.

Yeah. They moved them a little it seems. My muscle memory is not hitting them well so far. I am sure a few days of use will fix that.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Yeah. They moved them a little it seems. My muscle memory is not hitting them well so far. I am sure a few days of use will fix that.

Same.

However, my thumbs have been Note programmed forever. I was frustrated because I thought I was becoming an elderly drunk with my S7E, turns out I have 5.7" capacitive phlanges.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I've never used capacitive keys before. Only onscreen buttons. Plus they've always been back on the left, recent on right on all the other Android phones I've had. Gonna take a while to get used to that.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I like mine very much so far, except for this extra line in the notification panel nowadays. It's not Quick Connect, and it appears any time I have a bluetooth device connected. Any idea how to get rid of this? I looked around a bit, and no luck. I am on Verizon if others aren't seeing this:

Screenshot_20160819-002249.jpg

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I like mine very much so far, except for this extra line in the notification panel nowadays. It's not Quick Connect, and it appears any time I have a bluetooth device connected. Any idea how to get rid of this? I looked around a bit, and no luck. I am on Verizon if others aren't seeing this:

View attachment 235954

Would that be your earphones plugged in? I've never used earphones on a cellphone so pardon my ignorance if this is incorrect!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Always on display isn't working on mine. Looks like I'll be heading to T-Mobile in the morning for an exchange.

Looks like a couple people got lemons. This is one good thing about buying in person you can make sure it works before you leave when they switch the sim card. I ordered and it was a very painless process. A lot better than standing for hours at the store.

xxaarraa

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Standby battery drain. Also, the slight lag when switching apps. I am coming from 3 months on an iPhone SE and that this is very zippy while the Note is not. But I love the Note overall, especially the camera.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Gosh, I really wish this forum had a "verify you have a device" method. Im kinda dubious on threads with user complaints of users with 10 or fewer posts. General observation, nothing personal, it happens every time a device is released...

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
So far only that I thought my blue Note 7 would come with matching blue S Pen, instead it's silver.
Mines blue too
1927ea34b94b98b04f7f53d65bc6335a.jpg

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Just bought mine today. I just want to preface this post by saying I think it's a really great phone overall. But it's not perfect:

- It's an absolute fingerprint magnet. The back constantly looks 'dirty' with fingerprints.
- Samsung's Touchwiz software I have to say feels quite slow when compared to the HTC 10 or Nexus 6P. Seems to have delay when opening an app or going back to the home screen. Also notice stuttering when swiping across screens, pulling down the notification bar, and just generally navigating through the UI. It's not big or distracting, but it's just not as fast as the HTC 10 for me.
- The speaker is quite poor. Sounds muted, as if someone is covering the speaker with something.
- I don't like how there are so many duplicate Google and Samsung applications. The phone looks bloated with two sets of apps: 'Calendar' 'Calendar', 'Clock', 'Clock', 'Gallery', 'Photos', 'Messenger', 'Messages' etc.
- I don't like that I have to create a Samsung account if I want to use any of the Samsung stuff. I just want to download a different theme....don't see why I need to sign up to a Samsung account....