OWNERS: What do you NOT LIKE about your Galaxy Note 7?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Wow cant believe how negative you all are.... Dont like take back

Please

How about some focusing on the good... Wow these forums now how to kill. Enthusiasm

Posted via the Android Central App

Most of the stuff I mentioned are just little niggles, not make or break. A few things are just adjusting to Samsung's way. I do like mine though.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Just bought mine today. I just want to preface this post by saying I think it's a really great phone overall. But it's not perfect:

- It's an absolute fingerprint magnet. The back constantly looks 'dirty' with fingerprints. yup,just about all phones are.
- Samsung's Touchwiz software I have to say feels quite slow when compared to the HTC 10 or Nexus 6P. Seems to have delay when opening an app or going back to the home screen. Also notice stuttering when swiping across screens, pulling down the notification bar, and just generally navigating through the UI. It's not big or distracting, but it's just not as fast as the HTC 10 for me ..I just don't see this. Mine flies. I see this from folks occasionally and I wonder why I don't have any issues. Mine is very very zippy, as was my Note 5.
- The speaker is quite poor. Sounds muted, as if someone is covering the speaker with something. Yup, this is about how Samsung phones are, but not news really. Coming from a HTC phone, it must seem bad.
- I don't like how there are so many duplicate Google and Samsung applications. The phone looks bloated with two sets of apps: 'Calendar' 'Calendar', 'Clock', 'Clock', 'Gallery', 'Photos', 'Messenger', 'Messages' etc Really not news either, and easily remedied.
- I don't like that I have to create a Samsung account if I want to use any of the Samsung stuff. I just want to download a different theme....don't see why I need to sign up to a Samsung account....I can see this to a point, but for me, it's not a big deal, it's an account. I must have 1000 of them with different companies by now :)

Have you had Samsung phones before? I can see where this might be bothersome a bit, but most of this is known, or IMO not really an issue. That said, these things are important to some, thanks for pointing them out to folks who never used Samsung phones before. I don't have any lag or stuttering like you, but I can understand to a point some concern with the rest.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't know. There's barely anything that I don't like.

Battery life is a little "meh" for me as of right now, but it's steadily improving.

Other than that, loving it.

(SM-N930F variant, if anyone asks)

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
FOR THOSE HAVING AOD issues..that was resolved in another thread. MAKE SURE YOU update AOD. You will need a latest version as what the user said and it fixed the problem.

Dracolan

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Please

How about some focusing on the good... Wow these forums now how to kill. Enthusiasm

Well the thread is titled "What do you NOT LIKE about your Galaxy Note 7", so i would say all the negative comments are welcome here.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I do find it funny that the negative thread has so many responses this quickly, and the "what do you like" thread has already fallen off the page.

People are attracted to negativity, plain and simple. Negative threads always have a zillion responses lol

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Please

Well...this thread is about nitpicking, isn't it. Basically, OP just seems to be asking what is keeping this from being the perfect phone in your opinion.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
And I'm hating that Messages is grayed out in Smart Switch. I need a lot of my messages and cannot figure out why Smart Switch is hating on me. Stuck on the S7E until I figure it out.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

Did you do wireless or wired? I got all my messages transferred. That's strange.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I love the phone thus far. I would say there is an adjustment period. Coming from the n5 I was used to the stock dialer and the menu setup. Both are much different. Nothing to be pissed about but just different. Not long enough to tell but initial feeling is battery life is solid and better than the n5.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
If Google now is integrated in the TouchWiz launcher instead of that stupid briefing i would use TouchWiz launcher. Until then I'll be using google now launcher. I believe Sony worked with Google to get the google now page to the left of the Sony launcher so hopefully it comes as an option with other OEM launcher as well.

I agree with this. I love Google Now on the left. Right now, trying to gove TW a real trial, I have put Google Now into my Edge Apps, which may be an even faster way to get to it.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I agree with this. I love Google Now on the left. Right now, trying to gove TW a real trial, I have put Google Now into my Edge Apps, which may be an even faster way to get to it.
Hmm yeah that's a good work around... Will give it a shot and see how it works out

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Well...this thread is about nitpicking, isn't it. Basically, OP just seems to be asking what is keeping this from being the perfect phone in your opinion.

To put a positive spin on it, as folks mention negatives, fixes are also listed. Many of the negatives may be solvable.

I need to read the positive thread, that is normally a great place to hear about features I don't use, but should maybe try.

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I like reading these threads before going to get the phone. It levels out my expectations to where I'm not severely disappointed. (Should have done the same before I went and watched Suicide Squad :p)

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I didn't like as much is the new note system. However I downloaded the snote app. I'm a very happy camper. I am in love with this phone and think this is the best note phone yet. My kid is trying to steal this phone from me. lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang