OWNERS: What do you NOT LIKE about your Galaxy Note 7?

LalaKitty

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Yes I knew it was a mistake when I pulled out a silver S Pen out of my blue Note7. I called TMobile, was told to go to the store I preordered from for help. Probably do that Monday afternoon.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Can someone tell me where About is? I looked in Settings under General Management and Advanced Features and didn't see an "About" in either one of those menus. Thanks.

It's under General Management. There's no About.
1efcbf8dbe473de442bebfe462bcce57.jpg

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I picked mine up around 11:30 AM (PDT) today and have been working on getting it setup ever since. Now that I'm at a bit of a stopping point, I can summarize some things.

As for the phone itself, I like everything about it. The blue is AWESOME. No regrets there at all. The phone feels great, even in the Spigen case I got for it and is lighter and easier to handle than my old Note 3 in an Otterbox Commuter case.

My issues I think are mainly with Android 6.0, but maybe a couple are with the phone. In no particular order:

- The high-sensitivity screen option is gone; this was great for using it while wearing gloves.

- The Gallery is awful. I liked the 5.0 version much better. This one is way too much like the iOS 9 Photos app which I also hate.

- The new "combined" settings menu is taking some time to get used to; I feel like it's gotten harder to find stuff than it used to be.

- The "edge" features already annoyed me enough that I disabled them. They kept getting in the way.

- I don't like being unable to have my screens "wrap around" i.e. if I continue to swipe left, the screens just keep rotating through. Now they don't.

That's all I can think of right now. All in all I'm happy.. will have to keep playing with it and learning the differences.

Turbo Brian

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Google Photos huh? Is that a local app or does it require everything to be uploaded to them?

both. it will show you all your local stuff. when u run it the first time, it will ask if you want to sync with the cloud (drive). i didnt used to, but as of late i have been and its very convenient; but not required.

V-Teck

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
It's wayyy too early to tell. This is the most beautiful phone I've ever held. I want to believe it'll never let me down.

But I imagine people's complaints about the S7 might come to this eventually.

V-Teck

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't trust Google's apps to ever truly be local. When they tried to push their stupid g+ stuff, I found my photos were apparently automagically loaded on there...

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
If Google now is integrated in the TouchWiz launcher instead of that stupid briefing i would use TouchWiz launcher. Until then I'll be using google now launcher. I believe Sony worked with Google to get the google now page to the left of the Sony launcher so hopefully it comes as an option with other OEM launcher as well.

I like the briefing. One mans trash...

kikaha

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Only thing I don't like so far is the iris scanner.
Stupid thing doesn't like my eyes I guess.
Doesn't work right for me at all.
Great idea though!

kikaha

May 8, 2013
Visit site
It's wayyy too early to tell. This is the most beautiful phone I've ever held. I want to believe it'll never let me down.

But I imagine people's complaints about the S7 might come to this eventually.

I almost don't want to put in in the case it's so beautiful!

V-Teck

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
I really don't understand how such a beautiful device could be made by mere mortals. I am not worthy. I am not worthy.

Does samsung do the thing where they create their own beautiful cases? That's one thing I like about apple, they have p sweet cases