OWNERS: What do you NOT LIKE about your Galaxy Note 7?

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
-feels too heavy compared to note5
-it's hard to type correctly with the Fleksy keyboard because of the curved edges
-it's so narrow that it doesn't lend itself to typing with two thumbs
-there is a lot of wacky stuff going on with permissions in order to download stuff and/or give apps access to storage
-i don't really get the point of the curved edges and/or find them useful so the fact that screen protectors don't fit properly is super annoying

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I miss Action Memos and I prefer how S Memo is layed out on my Note 5. It seems to me that Samsung took away the important features of what a Note device is suppose to be and mixed it with the S7 Edge features. That being said the Note 7 is an excellent device. I just need some time to get used to Samsung Notes.

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
See if Good Lock is available for it yet. That's Samsung's closer to stock launcher. I've been using that on my S7 Edge and after customizing it, love it.

I downloaded the apk and I'm absolutely loving it. So clean and stock looking, yet I can change it to how I want it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1525.jpg
    1525.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 181

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Nothing so far!
I was cleaning my bathroom and soap splashed on my phone...I washed it off without worries!
Id be more scared with my Note 5

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm loving the blue. More subdued than my chrome S7 Edge, but not boring black. Love the subtle color changes in the light.

I've seen too many laptops or other electronic equipment that were wrapped with clear blue fingerprint- and scratch- preventing plastic in the box. Seeing that blue Note 7 in the store today made me wanna peel off the plastic wrap, even though I know there wasn't any. I ended up picking the silver.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Untitled picture.png

I don't like how they advertised Samsung Notes. It does NOT have Scrapbook, Action memo, and only has the brush feature of the S Note. There is NO changing templates/backgrounds, or nothing like that. It is just a beefed up S Memo. I ended up installing scrapbook and the Note 4's version of S-Note. IMO, I think that's the best version.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
In the last 48 hours of ownership I've experienced quite a bit of lag...the phone heats up while charging and during use. The things that will always keep Samsung behind Apple in the eyes of the mainstream smartphone users is lag, and lack of system to battery optimization. iOS is nicely integrated with its hardware which helps with the smoothness of the user interface, and battery drain. Samsung and Android fall behind in these areas, and because of these issues, will be seen as inferior. However, it's something I've become accustomed to and will never go back to iOS, but is always an issue.

catloverplayer

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Not much to not like about this phone however I don't like that the gorilla glass scratches easy and the glass on the back cracks too easy if you drop your phone. Keep a strong durable case on your phone and a glass screen protector.

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming to this phone from the Moto Droid Turbo 2. That phone has an on-screen Home button (the circle at the center on the bottom row). I'm missing this feature badly. I really want to use the physical Home button on the Note 7 as little as I possibly can, to minimize wear and tear.

Anyone know of a way to replicate the on-screen Home button functionality on this phone?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
In the last 48 hours of ownership I've experienced quite a bit of lag...the phone heats up while charging and during use. The things that will always keep Samsung behind Apple in the eyes of the mainstream smartphone users is lag, and lack of system to battery optimization. iOS is nicely integrated with its hardware which helps with the smoothness of the user interface, and battery drain. Samsung and Android fall behind in these areas, and because of these issues, will be seen as inferior. However, it's something I've become accustomed to and will never go back to iOS, but is always an issue.

Give it some time. I think you'll find it will be running smooth.

As for this?:

.. The things that will always keep Samsung behind Apple in the eyes of the mainstream smartphone users ...

I don't think Samsung IS behind Apple in the eyes of the mainstream. iPhone and "Galaxy" are the 2 most respected names and wanted phones for mainstream users. While the iPhone may (or may not) be smoother and may have better battery optimization, that alone doesn't make Samsung "behind" Apple overall. If I said "best screen", "best multitasking" , "best notifications", "best customization", even "best camera (IMO)" who comes to mind? Not the iPhone, I bet.

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming to this phone from the Moto Droid Turbo 2. That phone has an on-screen Home button (the circle at the center on the bottom row). I'm missing this feature badly. I really want to use the physical Home button on the Note 7 as little as I possibly can, to minimize wear and tear.

Anyone know of a way to replicate the on-screen Home button functionality on this phone?
Sounds like you need the Google Now Lanucher.

seafoodlover88

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site

But what if IOS has 4600 mah battery, 4K resolution, removeable battery, SD card up to 256gb, better camera, better speaker, IR blaster, Dual front firing speaker, 256 gb of internal storage, 6 gb of RAM, a processor that is even better than Snapdragon 821 (Note 7 doesn't have that). Would you still not go back to IOS then?

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to find a way to make the chrome browser my default. Everything keeps opening in the Samsung browser. Luckily it's pretty decent but I'd love to only use chrome if possible.

seafoodlover88

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I can't seem to find a way to make the chrome browser my default. Everything keeps opening in the Samsung browser. Luckily it's pretty decent but I'd love to only use chrome if possible.

Chrome is not the best, you should download Dolphin browser because it not a mobile browser so you won't have restricted content. You get the full browser experience you would get with a regular laptop or PC.

Rated_R_1911

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Coming from a note edge I don't like the size this phone is narrow and small other than that it's a great device. But if it was 6.2 or 6.4 it would be the perfect device now it's a nice device but not the beast I thought it was going to be. This might be my last note if they don't make the note 8 bigger and I have had every note. My note edge when new was radical and ground breaking this device is a good device that gets the job done efficiently but a beast of a phone it is not.