OWNERS: What do you NOT LIKE about your Galaxy Note 7?

Torch4x4

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
You can change almost everything with nova, the icons, letters, folders, google bar, app drawer, etc. etc. but not the "settings menu"

The Themes from samsung changes everything really quick including the settings menu, I'm downloading a lot of themes and keeping and saving my favorite ones, in most cases I change the wallpapers but the rest of the UI looks great...

I'm not saying that this is better or worst than nova but for now I'm enjoying this feature

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm unable to press & hold on a picture in one album and slide it over to another album and drop it...Am I missing something?

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I do miss WiFi Calling, on Sprint. Had it on my M8 and only used it at my Mom's house she has real aluminum siding and the interior walls are plaster and lathe. Hard to get any signal through that. Otherwise this phone is just plain awesome.

seafoodlover88

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
NO because they don't have an LED sensor, a good native file manager app, OR Any other method to transfer music on the go without being locked down to your computer. I remember having the Iphone5 and I was in a rush to get some place, I had to wait for, something to transfer, sync, and or download from iTunes to the phone. PITA! I couldn't do on the go transfer. No way am I going back to that closed warped ecosystem.

I completely forgot that you had to do that on the Iphone. Talk about restriction. It been so long since I even touch an Apple product. Maybe about 9 years ago.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't like every time I use a speaker with Bluetooth I have to get rid of the warning about high volumes in order to increase the volume.

hitmeister

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I hate that, too. My biggest complaint so far, in addition to this, is that whenever I reboot the phone, it resets the volume back below that threshold. And what's worse is that the level is way too low. When I play it through my car audio system, the sound is nearly inaudible even with the car volume turned up to the maximum. In order to get an acceptable volume level, I have to turn it up well past the point where that warning shows up.

hitmeister

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
So far:

1) I already mentioned the phone resetting my audio volume whenever I reboot, and the the default level is waaaaaaaay too low.

2) The controls on the bottom of the phone. The phone requires too precise a touch to a very small area in order for the phone to recognize it. The icons should be bigger.

3) On the calendar app, they removed reminder options. I often like to set a reminder 12 hours before a morning appointment so I can remember to set my alarm the night before. They got rid of that option. I can still set a reminder for 12 hours, but now I have to use several keystrokes where I previously use just one. They also got rid of the 2 hours before and 3 hours before options, which I sometimes found useful.

Last edited:

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I feel like this phone was a Snapdragon 821, 6GB of RAM, 4000 mah battery away from quieting everyone. If I'm Samsung, though, this is the exact phone I release because even without all that, it's beyond excellent. The S8/S8 Edge? Going to be tough to beat that combination next year.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
So far:

1) I already mentioned the phone resetting my audio volume whenever I reboot, and the the default level is waaaaaaaay too low.

2) The controls on the bottom of the phone. The phone requires too precise a touch to a very small area in order for the phone to recognize it. The icons should be bigger.

3) On the calendar app, they removed reminder options. I often like to set a reminder 12 hours before a morning appointment so I can remember to set my alarm the night before. They got rid of that option. I can still set a reminder for 12 hours, but now I have to use several keystrokes where I previously use just one. They also got rid of the 2 hours before and 3 hours before options, which I sometimes found useful.
Regarding the volume level...aren't all phones like this? I am assuming you are using an audio cable and not Bluetooth. I had the same issues with my Note5. Once I got a stereo with Bluetooth on it, those issues go away. I understand if you don't have Bluetooth. I just don't think it's relegated to just this phone.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Regarding the volume level...aren't all phones like this? I am assuming you are using an audio cable and not Bluetooth. I had the same issues with my Note5. Once I got a stereo with Bluetooth on it, those issues go away. I understand if you don't have Bluetooth. I just don't think it's relegated to just this phone.

I know with wired headphones on other phones I've had the volume stays the same as I last set it.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Overall, LOVE IT! But... since you ask...
1.) Battery life is average at best...
2.) The edge handle will not properly register my touch, so the edge screen will only open 1-2 times out of 10. (Verizon is sending my local store another as they think it's hardware-related; perhaps a defective screen. I give them kudos for making that process hassle-free...)
3.) Never been a fan of TouchWiz - using Nova Launcher.
4.) Bluetooth seems a bit finicky when trying to connect to my fm trx in my vehicle.
5.) The back glass does scratch easily - I've been very careful!

Paul Paradis

May 26, 2014
Visit site
My only complaint has to do with accessories. It's too bad the companies that made screen protectors for the note 7 couldn't be bothered to design them better. No screen protector I've tried will stay on around the edges when you add a case to the mix.

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
THE LAG!!!!!!! Occasionally, keep taping to get it to respond!!!!!!

Battery life mucho better than the Note 3. & the GPS works!!! :)

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech