OWNERS: What do you NOT LIKE about your Galaxy Note 7?

Paul Paradis

May 26, 2014
Visit site
All that style of case are made with the same lip that comes up, and covers the edge screen. The lady with the UAG was in front of me getting her refund from her zagg.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Being that this is my first Note7, and my first Android, I dont like that they didn't give you more notification options for things like the edge notifications and lights, LED options for different accounts, and so far I can't seem to be able to add/use my own custom sounds for notifications. You would think that a device and OS that allows you to do so much, would have already had these options out of the box, and not force you to use questionable 3rd party apps for it.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm unsure how I feel about this phone.

I like it a lot but other times I feel meh about it...

Things I don't like:

-Fragility gate. I haven't experienced this myself (thankfully) but hearing stories about people's phones breaking from slight things like being in a cup holder makes me nervous.

-Occasionally lag. But to me I've experienced this in every Android phone I've owned since the G1 so my guess is that it will always be there.

-Lack of updates. This phone will probably not see nougat for a long time. I knew that when I bought it but it still a paint point.But this will always be a sore spot with any android flagship until samsung and other OEMs get the balls to muscle the carriers into allowing them to handle their updates like Apple did.
I'm also wondering if samsung will continue to get security updates of reasonably fast like they have been.

-Bloatware. See last point.

This phone is great. Don't let me persuade you one way or another. I like the Note 7 a lot but to me the note line no longer has that little extra that used to make it so special to me.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I feel like this phone was a Snapdragon 821, 6GB of RAM, 4000 mah battery away from quieting everyone. If I'm Samsung, though, this is the exact phone I release because even without all that, it's beyond excellent. The S8/S8 Edge? Going to be tough to beat that combination next year.

I think there still would have been complaints at the same rate, but different dynamics ;)

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I will say that with the Note 7 I have come to dislike Tapatalk. It seems as though when I write out a post using my s-pen it looks like this.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
6d5ff41e8e31ed5f46c55103746b7901.jpg

38ba77253bfa5d58c6e9cf97dd4230aa.jpg

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm unsure how I feel about this phone.

I like it a lot but other times I feel meh about it...
I agree on all counts so far. Didn't have the same reaction when I got my N4. Liked it immediately and was never on the fence about it. The biggest things I don't like are the glass back, the contacts setup (kinda sucky compared to previous versions), and the white on screens everywhere - thought by now they'd at least have the option to make it a night color, too.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree on all counts so far. Didn't have the same reaction when I got my N4. Liked it immediately and was never on the fence about it. The biggest things I don't like are the glass back, the contacts setup (kinda sucky compared to previous versions), and the white on screens everywhere - thought by now they'd at least have the option to make it a night color, too.

They do. Its called themes. You can change all of that by downloading (many are free) and applying something lithe the Dark Material theme.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Says phone not eligible.

It's not an app, it is part of the OS -- so native to use your words. There are simply so many choices, having them come pre-loaded would be a mistake.

I am not sure what not eligible means or why you would get that message. Long press on the home screen then select Wallpapers & themes. On the new page that comes up, you can select from Wallpapers, Themes and Icons. Slide over to themes and there are a seemingly unlimited number to choose from, paid and free.

Not sure where you are, or what service you are on that would make this unavailable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay