08-24-2016 10:28 AM
37 12
tools
    It's stunning. Very comfortable to hold. Still playing setting up, going to Verizon after work tomorrow for screen protector

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-20-2016 03:01 AM
    I like many many things, but I will just list the surprising things for me so far:

- I love the Blue Light filter. It was a revelation last night, I must say.

- I am trying the Edge Panels today, and you can really put a surprising amount of cool stuff there. Shortcuts to camera modes (selfies, etc), shortcuts to directions home, other useful stuff. I didn't think it would be at all useful, but so far it is.

- I've actually had fun already with the GIF making tool on the S-Pen :-)

- The AoD is great, I love it. If it doesn't drain battery life much, I will keep it on.
    How did you do a shortcut to directions home?

08-20-2016 04:53 AM
    The Edge panel is my favorite so far. Being able to stick all my go-to apps and contacts plus music is amazing....
    Now my home screen can look clean without having all the folders on it
    amtrucker22 likes this.
    08-20-2016 05:49 AM
    How did you do a shortcut to directions home?

You first create the "Home" or "Work" (etc) widget on your home screen. Just go to your widgets and under Maps, there is a 1 x 1 "Directions" widget. You can add that to your home screen to add quick driving directions to any location you choose. It's cool, I have a folder of them for quick access.

Anyway, once you have the widget on your home screen, it will automatically appear in the Edge screen panels selection under "Tasks Edge" for you to add there.
    08-20-2016 07:29 AM
    Probably an overlooked feature but I love the blue light filter. I had this on my iPhone. It's great for reading in bed.

08-20-2016 07:49 AM
    Probably an overlooked feature but I love the blue light filter. I had this on my iPhone. It's great for reading in bed.

This. Gave it a shot last night while in bed and it is not a gimmick at all. It really makes the phone easier on the eyes.
    jdfry15 likes this.
    08-20-2016 10:38 AM
    The always on display is great, i have turned off the led light because everything i need shows up on the aod.

I like that the edges are tighter than the s7edge.

The things i am liking are a lot of the selling points, sdcard, 64gig memory, bigger battery than the note5, blue light filter.

The iris scanner is cool, i set it up w my contacts in and it works fast with my contacts in or out..
    08-20-2016 11:35 AM
    You first create the "Home" or "Work" (etc) widget on your home screen. Just go to your widgets and under Maps, there is a 1 x 1 "Directions" widget. You can add that to your home screen to add quick driving directions to any location you choose. It's cool, I have a folder of them for quick access.

Anyway, once you have the widget on your home screen, it will automatically appear in the Edge screen panels selection under "Tasks Edge" for you to add there.
    Awesome, thanks

dsignori likes this.
    08-20-2016 12:17 PM
    Screen is beautiful. Love the edge shape. While I contemplated the blue color, I opted for the silver and love the silver-think it looks sharp. Built in 64 of memory is nice as is the RAM. Of course love having the wireless charging (I know that's not new with the N7 but it is for me coming from the N3). IP68. Iris scanner. Stylus features are an upgrade from the N3.
    08-20-2016 03:58 PM

What other edge tasks do you use?

08-24-2016 07:50 AM
    Still getting use to how thin this thing is (even with my slim case on it), but I like it. Though not exclusive to the Note 7, I'm loving Samsung Pay (didn't use Android Pay because of no Chase support).
    08-24-2016 08:02 AM
    What other edge tasks do you use?

I have shortcuts to hangouts, SMS, and WhatsApp chats with specific folks. I have a Shazaam widget in there to quickly identify a song. I have a shortcut to the camera selfie mode (why, I don't know, I don't use it, but my daughter thinks it's cool). You can add all kinds of great stuff on the tasks section.

Edit: The Shazaam shortcut is in the "Apps Edge" Panel, not here.
    08-24-2016 10:28 AM
37 12