OWNERS: What do you LIKE about your Galaxy Note 7?

mango1228

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Note owners: What do you LOVE about your new device

Let the positivity start...
What do you love /like about your new Note 7

Posted via the Android Central App

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note owners: What do you LOVE about your new device

As someone that upgraded from a Galaxy S5 this is what I'm loving so far.

The screen, its big and beautiful!

HDR Video playback support

One of the best cameras in smartphone out there

Water resistance (to scared to test it but glad to have it )

S-Pen. I find my self using it quite a bit already.

The newest version of TouchWiz, I actually like how it looks out of the box, but the theme support is awesome as well

A fingerprint scanner that is so fast I pretty much don't notice it

The iris scanner really surprised me with how good and quick it is as well. I'm using it for the secure folder feature which is another feature I like as well.

The speed and snappiness of the device

Build quality

That's off the top of my mind. I haven't had it for even 24 hours yet :)

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

I just bought mine today - black model.

I think the build is fantastic. Feels so great in the hand and feels like a really small phone for a 5.7" screen. Love edge curve and how it looks like there are no side bezels. It's a really well designed phone.

The screen is excellent. I'd say it's the best screen I've seen on a mobile phone. Compared directly to my HTC 10, it looks better than the 10's screen. I think from now, everything should just be AMOLED.

Spen is pretty cool. I'm still figuring out all the functionalities, but I like what it can do. Seems quite handy.

The camera is really good too. I've taken a bunch of shots with it already and I'm incredibly happy with the results. The camera launches fast, focuses almost weirdly quickly and takes great photos. No complains.

Overall, it's a really great phone.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

To put it simple, the build. The screen/camera, and the many features. As much as I loved having a Nexus phone, I love the loads of features and settings this phone has.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

I just bought mine today - black model.

I think the build is fantastic. Feels so great in the hand and feels like a really small phone for a 5.7" screen. Love edge curve and how it looks like there are no side bezels. It's a really well designed phone.

The screen is excellent. I'd say it's the best screen I've seen on a mobile phone. Compared directly to my HTC 10, it looks better than the 10's screen. I think from now, everything should just be AMOLED.

Spen is pretty cool. I'm still figuring out all the functionalities, but I like what it can do. Seems quite handy.

The camera is really good too. I've taken a bunch of shots with it already and I'm incredibly happy with the results. The camera launches fast, focuses almost weirdly quickly and takes great photos. No complains.

Overall, it's a really great phone.

4K screens are coming next

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site

I love , love how it feels in my hands !!! It's about the same size as my S6 Edge+ but feels easier to grip

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

The blue coral color. At first, I didn't like it, but it has really grown on me and I am glad that I chose this color!

Of course, I love the SPen features and the ability to theme my phone. I like that the screen is bigger than the S7 Edge (which I will be returning to the store posthaste).

seafoodlover88

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site

As someone that upgraded from a Galaxy S5 this is what I'm loving so far.

The screen, its big and beautiful! meh

HDR Video playback support not useful

One of the best cameras in smartphone out there meh, you pay that much money you better get the best but it not better than the S7E

Water resistance (to scared to test it but glad to have it ) Water resistance mean no good sounding loud speaker

S-Pen. I find my self using it quite a bit already. This is the only useful thing about it.

The newest version of TouchWiz, I actually like how it looks out of the box, but the theme support is awesome as well. Touch wiz is the worst looking launcher of any phone. Samsung should be ashame.

A fingerprint scanner that is so fast I pretty much don't notice it. Not the fastest. That goes to either the Nexus or Iphone.

The iris scanner really surprised me with how good and quick it is as well. I'm using it for the secure folder feature which is another feature I like as well. No comment. But rather have better specs than a gimmick.

The speed and snappiness of the device Mood points.

Build quality A7 has better build quality.

That's off the top of my mind. I haven't had it for even 24 hours yet :)

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Love the SPen (first note!!) and love the design. Coming from S7E but the Note just has a more balanced feel IMO. The reduced edge still works just like I liked it on the S7, but I don't find myself getting accidental touches (yet anyway)..

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Actually this phone looks taller and thinner than my Note Edge. Not feeling that at all. But it is aesthetically pleasing.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I like many many things, but I will just list the surprising things for me so far:

- I love the Blue Light filter. It was a revelation last night, I must say.

- I am trying the Edge Panels today, and you can really put a surprising amount of cool stuff there. Shortcuts to camera modes (selfies, etc), shortcuts to directions home, other useful stuff. I didn't think it would be at all useful, but so far it is.

- I've actually had fun already with the GIF making tool on the S-Pen :)

- The AoD is great, I love it. If it doesn't drain battery life much, I will keep it on.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I like many many things, but I will just list the surprising things for me so far:

- I love the Blue Light filter. It was a revelation last night, I must say.

- I am trying the Edge Panels today, and you can really put a surprising amount of cool stuff there. Shortcuts to camera modes (selfies, etc), shortcuts to directions home, other useful stuff. I didn't think it would be at all useful, but so far it is.

- I've actually had fun already with the GIF making tool on the S-Pen :)

- The AoD is great, I love it. If it doesn't drain battery life much, I will keep it on.
Share a gif!

IIIDaemon

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Almost Nothing... and thats in large part due to Android v6.0.1, have not yet activated it am seriously considering sending it back.. one of the most galling reasons for me may sound trivial.. but to me it bothers me everytime i look at it.. and thats the Apps Screen, the WallPaper is Blurred, Not Bokeh, Blurred absolutely ridiculous.. and what happen to the Display Brightness Slider on the Status Bar Pull Down?? the curved edge to me is also useless particularly when using the pen to capture text.. the icons make this hi tech device look cartoon-y.. again I can't find Anything I like about the Note7 over the Note2 or Note3.. seems faster.. but all the other out weight any extra performance for me by far, simply can't stand using it...
...my apologies for being Off-Topic, but I'm Really Trying to like this device, the cam takes nice images, dot pitch is nice, not crazy bout the narrow body (width of Note3 much better imo).. the Scroll Cap is Good if i could actually get it to work and scan the entire doc capped, and yes the Type-C conn is Great, would never use this to charge another device tho.. unless of course a damsel was in distress...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Last edited:

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
To each their own.

You can install a dif launcher if you want. You can also change icons easily using the built in theme support. I have a stock android theme installed. Dosent just change the icons but the look of the entire system as well ( you can change just icons if you want).

4WJ40g0.jpg

a5ZlPEO.jpg

The brightness slider can be accessed by pulling down notification shade then pulling down on the quick toggles.

Turbo Brian

May 21, 2011
Visit site
already posted in the "dont like" thread a few really picky things. definitely a lot more things i DO like; many voiced by others here.

great size and feel in hand. I came from a Nexus 6 which was not small, but not too big, for me at least.. This feels super narrow but at the same time, teh screen is still nice and large. the almost complete lack of a bezel on the sides is awesome. Having owned Notes 2, 3 and 4 this is by far the best built one yet.

usb-c. so glad that's there. between my fiance's nexus 5X and my nexus 5X backup/jogging phone, we will have plenty of usb c cables around

wireless charging. my nexus 6 was the first phone to use it. its amazing. when last years nexus 5x/6p came without, i was disappointed it was not included which is why i kept my nexus 6 as my primary phone. this N7 has it and while i dont have immediate plans to grab a fast charge wireless dock, its cool that it is an option. since i set it on my wireless dock when i sleep, dont really need fast charging for the 7-8hrs im asleep.

IP68. i get this thing wet and not worry.

the new samsung notes seems to be a nice merger of the various individual spen apps from prior notes.

only had this a few hours now and not feeling any buyers remorse yet. it will be hard for samsung to top this next year.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Almost Nothing... and thats in large part due to Android v6.0.1, have not yet activated it am seriously considering sending it back.. one of the most galling reasons for me may sound trivial.. but to me it bothers me everytime i look at it.. and thats the Apps Screen, the WallPaper is Blurred, Not Bokeh, Blurred absolutely ridiculous.. and what happen to the Display Brightness Slider on the Status Bar Pull Down?? the curved edge to me is also useless particularly when using the pen to capture text.. the icons make this hi tech device look cartoon-y.. again I can't find Anything I like about the Note7 over the Note2 or Note3.. seems faster.. but all the other out weight any extra performance for me by far, simply can't stand using it...
IIIDaemon

The blurred wallpaper on the apps page is TouchWiz, not Android. I honestly really like it. It looks way better than the huge white background on Nexus phones. All you have to do is install Nova or another launcher and your problems will be solved.