09-09-2016 07:12 PM
127 ... 23456
tools
    That comparison was...well...let's just say it didn't work.

But like I previously stated, if that were so much of an area of contention for so long, leave them. I never understood why folks complain about a company, yet stay. I leave if I'm unhappy. Simple. To each, their own.

Either way, I assume that you will be enjoying your phone....so congrats agead of time in getting it!
    Because their service is the best in my area. I hate sprint, I'm not going to tmobile and I'm just not into Verizon.

Bottom line: it's not enough to switch for but it stinks that I get a crappy box mainly because it seems they have to go out of their way to do it and why? AT&T is already in the phone itself. Plus my note edge came without headphones even though Samsung package ones came with them.
    Ludatyk likes this.
    08-18-2016 07:04 PM
    Oh man, wow I'm not the only one that knows AT&T throws away a quality box and gives us a cheap bummed box. I saw the box at BB while the other providers have the Samsung box. Man AT&T stinks in that area.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    08-18-2016 07:10 PM
    The ones i got at costco for att were in the same box as verizon and tmobile
    08-18-2016 07:33 PM
    I'm not gonna lie, I was kinda disappointed when I didn't get that awesome black box that everyone had on the internet. This is like a leftover 2 weeks after thanksgiving! Man, just not the same.
    That sucks. I'm with Verizon and was concerned that we'd get crappy re-branded boxes (expecting a white box with a big Verizon logo on the box), but was pleasantly surprised to see from other Verizon customers who have posted pictures (I haven't got mine delivered yet - it will not be delivered until tomorrow). If its any consolation at least you can say you got your phone before me, and a ton of other people and aren't waiting for it to arrive tomorrow. Where you probably could walk into a store and buy it before it gets delivered to people who pre-ordered...

Did it come with all the right components (cords, adapters, headphones, etc) that people getting the official Samsung boxes reported? Hopefully they didn't screw you and take out anything that non-AT&T customers would have received.
    No, it's this blue and white crap... But yeah... it's pretty crappy.
    I'm guessing you're still referring to the box, and not the phone. If you consider the phone to be "pretty crappy" that's not a good sign for the rest of us.

And there's plenty of unbox vids with Samsung branding... and again all carriers are using these Samsung boxes, but nooooo.. AT&T decides to use their cheap box. But on top of that charge AT&T customers 30 bucks more and it's suppose to be "ahhh whatever."
    I do understand the simple logic "it's just a box"... but it's the principle of it, as consumers paying AT&T upgraded fees to feel cheated is uncalled for. Sometimes a line has to be drawn.
    Guess you know what your extra $30 went to (them buying, and packaging the phones into crappy looking boxes).

It's more likely the boxes are sent to samsung and they are boxed like that from the factory.
    That would be the most logical thing, but as many of us know lots of companies do lots of illogical things. It wouldn't surprise me if Samsung sent them the phones in Samsung boxes, and someone at AT&T told their employees to unbox them, throw away the Samsung boxes, and re-box them in AT&T boxes.
    08-18-2016 09:48 PM
    In retail presentation is everything. Seems like only Nexus and IPhones understand that. Att thinks that these "boxes" will help spread the news of how great their service is! Death Star strikes again!
    08-18-2016 09:56 PM
    Schrödinger's Note 7
    Wait, if Schrödinger had a Note 7, why do I have to wait until 2016?
    08-18-2016 10:00 PM
    I keep seeing this, and let me set the record straight. At&t does NOT throw away the old samsung box. Samsung fulfils the orders to its customers specs. Each carrier has a custom box (yes, they are all different) for their custom model of Note 7. Each box contains a customized Note 7 (with the carrier software loaded and in most cases the carrier branding on the device), a customized instruction manual, a custom sim card, and all in the custom box. Samsung does all of that... not AT&T directly.

So if they run out of stock of the blue note 7, it's not because they are busy re-boxing the device. It's how they come from the factory.
    08-18-2016 10:29 PM
    Wait, if Schrödinger had a Note 7, why do I have to wait until 2016?
    What about the cat? Hopefully it didn't have to wait that long to figure out if it was dead or not.
    08-18-2016 10:36 PM
    That sucks. I'm with Verizon and was concerned that we'd get crappy re-branded boxes (expecting a white box with a big Verizon logo on the box), but was pleasantly surprised to see from other Verizon customers who have posted pictures (I haven't got mine delivered yet - it will not be delivered until tomorrow). If its any consolation at least you can say you got your phone before me, and a ton of other people and aren't waiting for it to arrive tomorrow. Where you probably could walk into a store and buy it before it gets delivered to people who pre-ordered...
    You will be the one to get the white box with the big red V on it. 😂

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    08-18-2016 10:40 PM
    Yeah, pretty ugly box. Not a great visual for buyers when I'm trying to sell this phone a couple of years from now.
    I was being sarcastic. The box won't affect your resale value imo lol
    08-19-2016 12:33 AM
    Because their service is the best in my area. I hate sprint, I'm not going to tmobile and I'm just not into Verizon.

Bottom line: it's not enough to switch for but it stinks that I get a crappy box mainly because it seems they have to go out of their way to do it and why? AT&T is already in the phone itself. Plus my note edge came without headphones even though Samsung package ones came with them.
    Sorry you didn't get headphones. That sucks. A lot.
    08-19-2016 12:36 AM
    Schrödinger's Note 7
    Lmaooo! Much ado about a box!

Posted via my awesome N4
    PlaybookFanatic likes this.
    08-19-2016 07:20 AM
    😂 y'all kill me with this Schrödinger's thread.

Posted via my awesome N4
    PlaybookFanatic likes this.
    08-19-2016 07:28 AM
    That comparison was...well...let's just say it didn't work.

But like I previously stated, if that were so much of an area of contention for so long, leave them. I never understood why folks complain about a company, yet stay. I leave if I'm unhappy. Simple. To each, their own.

Either way, I assume that you will be enjoying your phone....so congrats agead of time in getting it!
    1) the comparison does work, you just don't like it. Obviously i'm being sarcastic, but the idea is the same. There's a line at which everyone cares what their phone comes in. To me, that line is different than yours. That's okay, I want the full Samsung experience. I didn't buy the Samsung Note 7 to get more of an AT&T experience, I get that with their service.

2) I haven't left AT&T over this because it's the smallest complaint I have about all the major companies. As I've stated a dozen times, I get that it's a "first world problem" and not as big a deal as other things. But I still dislike it and see no point. I'm not angry about it, but it is like a small pebble in my shoe that starts to be irritating.

If no consumers ever draw lines on what they'll accept, companies would run CRAZY in screwing us all over. How we react when those lines are crossed, varies. To me, the reaction here isn't that one should leave the company, but I think the proper response is to simply let the company know we don't love what they did, and as one guy on here got a $60 credit, sometimes they'll listen. It's worth a shot.
    Katrina White1, Ludatyk and CrisG like this.
    08-19-2016 08:47 AM
    Dang that sux, it's also kinda odd when the AT&T branded S7E came in the Samsung box and not the normal AT&T packaging.. Here's hoping that you just got shorted on the headphones and you can have them send you a set, the S7E came with those as well.

Cheers,

BR
    08-19-2016 09:48 AM
    I knew AT&T would booty bust you AT&T folk with those dumb boxes
    08-19-2016 03:47 PM
    I wonder why the note got these janky boxes and the S7s got the same sweet packaging as on other carriers.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-19-2016 03:50 PM
    I knew AT&T would booty bust you AT&T folk with those dumb boxes
    They bent me right over the barrel and they know it.
    08-19-2016 03:54 PM
    They show you the 50 states too? Lol
    08-19-2016 03:55 PM
    Someone crashed into our local AT&T today...maybe its because they werent happy with their packaging?
    (This seriously happened lol. Hopefully no Note 7s were injured in the process)

Attached Thumbnails Dang it AT&T!  I wanted a better box!-smartselectimage_2016-08-19-17-04-41.jpg  
    08-19-2016 04:05 PM
    Someone crashed into our local AT&T today...maybe its because they werent happy with their packaging?

I absolutely feel that person is justified if they did that because of the packaging.
    08-19-2016 04:06 PM
    I absolutely feel that person is justified if they did that because of the packaging.
    I have to agree. I am with verizon but I feel for you guys! I havent received my phone yet (been out for delivery since 8am..sigh) but the box looks beautiful!

LegalAmerican likes this.
    08-19-2016 04:08 PM
    I have to agree. I am with verizon but I feel for you guys! I havent received my phone yet (been out for delivery since 8am..sigh) but the box looks beautiful!

Funny thing is, while I was getting rocked on here for wanting the nice box, I unboxed my wife's AT&T Galaxy S7 on Wednesday, and the whole time I was thinking: "PLEASE say they put my Note in a nice box like this!" And then yesterday I got home and my wife's S7 box was in the trash......She clearly wasn't impressed.
    deng66 likes this.
    08-19-2016 04:11 PM

Seriously hoping no one was hurt ... but: Dang it AT&T!  I wanted a better box!-laugh_2b.jpg
    08-19-2016 11:01 PM
    I got my Note 7 at 10:00 AM this morning, walked out the door of the store at about 10:45 AM, got home at about 11:05 AM and my horrendous looking AT&T Box will sit here for the next two years... while I enjoy the hell out of my new phone!

Dang it AT&T!  I wanted a better box!-t_3.jpg
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    08-19-2016 11:05 PM
127 ... 23456