Dang it AT&T! I wanted a better box!

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
HOLY CRAP!!!

When you think a complaint needs to be said for fun and you really didn't think it would get this much play! HA HA... I got a pic here... hang on...

20160818_181340.jpg

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I trying to read this post, and reply to it on my at&t note 5... but I'm having problems with the device working right, because the box was so ugly.

Really... I rarely say this, and most people's opinions are valid..at least to them... but get a life. A stupid box, your disappointed with something because of the color of the box?! This is too stupid to even be a first world problem. As I have said before, every single at&t unit gets the same box, so you are not getting screwed. If you try to sell me an at&t unit and the photo has a black box, I will know you are scamming me. It's a box.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I have to apologize - I have an appointment at 10:00 Am tomorrow to get my phone at my AT&T Store so I've got nothing better to do than sit here and read the forums, Photoshop Samsung Boxes and be makes sarcastic posts. I'm sorry... I'll try to stop!

Really, I will!

Honest!

Please, don't stop lol

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
hey I get it, one of the aspects of the luxury feel that the iPhone has is in the care and design they put in their boxes. This being my first android phone and first Samsung phone I would feel a little cheated if it came in a sub par box. paying this much for a phone the little things matter.

Thisistip

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
That comparison was...well...let's just say it didn't work.

But like I previously stated, if that were so much of an area of contention for so long, leave them. I never understood why folks complain about a company, yet stay. I leave if I'm unhappy. Simple. To each, their own.

Either way, I assume that you will be enjoying your phone....so congrats agead of time in getting it!
Because their service is the best in my area. I hate sprint, I'm not going to tmobile and I'm just not into Verizon.

Bottom line: it's not enough to switch for but it stinks that I get a crappy box mainly because it seems they have to go out of their way to do it and why? AT&T is already in the phone itself. Plus my note edge came without headphones even though Samsung package ones came with them.

AllPhones

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Oh man, wow I'm not the only one that knows AT&T throws away a quality box and gives us a cheap bummed box. I saw the box at BB while the other providers have the Samsung box. Man AT&T stinks in that area.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm not gonna lie, I was kinda disappointed when I didn't get that awesome black box that everyone had on the internet. This is like a leftover 2 weeks after thanksgiving! Man, just not the same.
That sucks. I'm with Verizon and was concerned that we'd get crappy re-branded boxes (expecting a white box with a big Verizon logo on the box), but was pleasantly surprised to see from other Verizon customers who have posted pictures (I haven't got mine delivered yet - it will not be delivered until tomorrow). :-\ If its any consolation at least you can say you got your phone before me, and a ton of other people and aren't waiting for it to arrive tomorrow. Where you probably could walk into a store and buy it before it gets delivered to people who pre-ordered...

Did it come with all the right components (cords, adapters, headphones, etc) that people getting the official Samsung boxes reported? Hopefully they didn't screw you and take out anything that non-AT&T customers would have received.
No, it's this blue and white crap... But yeah... it's pretty crappy.
I'm guessing you're still referring to the box, and not the phone. If you consider the phone to be "pretty crappy" that's not a good sign for the rest of us.

And there's plenty of unbox vids with Samsung branding... and again all carriers are using these Samsung boxes, but nooooo.. AT&T decides to use their cheap box. But on top of that charge AT&T customers 30 bucks more and it's suppose to be "ahhh whatever."
I do understand the simple logic "it's just a box"... but it's the principle of it, as consumers paying AT&T upgraded fees to feel cheated is uncalled for. Sometimes a line has to be drawn.
Guess you know what your extra $30 went to (them buying, and packaging the phones into crappy looking boxes). :p

It's more likely the boxes are sent to samsung and they are boxed like that from the factory.
That would be the most logical thing, but as many of us know lots of companies do lots of illogical things. It wouldn't surprise me if Samsung sent them the phones in Samsung boxes, and someone at AT&T told their employees to unbox them, throw away the Samsung boxes, and re-box them in AT&T boxes.

mona5804

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
In retail presentation is everything. Seems like only Nexus and IPhones understand that. Att thinks that these "boxes" will help spread the news of how great their service is! Death Star strikes again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan