Ten minutes with an AT&T Branded Note 7

buddhake

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
And I am ready to fly over to the UK and get the Exynos version and bring it back with me. The bloatware is massive and the same Directv shade garbage is back. On the upside, AT&T got me a network unlock code immediately, so I can use it on foreign carriers right away. And the huge "N" for NFC is really distracting. I am coming from the US/NA S7 Edge Unlocked version, so none of these annoyances were on that device from minute one.

AT&T stuff aside... the screen is gorgeous, the hand feel is great (and it can be used one handed pretty easily). The blue looks really snazzy and the photos from reviews don't quite do it justice. Now that the bloatware is gone, its starting to be more usable, but the lack of an out-of-the-box update seems worrying since I had heard other AT&T Note 7's had a day one patch, but mine shows nothing.

Screw you, AT&T, but the phone itself is wonderful.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
at&t looks like they like to screw up the phone. Sprint doesnt add too much bloat, and you can uninstall all of it if you want.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Someone on this forum has been saying AT&T allows you to uninstall (i.e. not just disable, but completely uninstall) the bloatware.

Not sure why he would lie and spread this rumor, but I just got back from AT&T for myself and most of the bloat can only be disabled not uninstalled.

In fact, DirectTV is considered a system app.

No way am I getting this phone from AT&T, I'm switching to T-Mobile.

kdklein

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have an unlocked exnos s7 edge on AT&T and it has all the AT&T apps that can't be Uninstalled. Getting an unlocked one won't help, it's the Sim that does it.

ShiftTab

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
And I am ready to fly over to the UK and get the Exynos version and bring it back with me. The bloatware is massive and the same Directv shade garbage is back. On the upside, AT&T got me a network unlock code immediately, so I can use it on foreign carriers right away. And the huge "N" for NFC is really distracting. I am coming from the US/NA S7 Edge Unlocked version, so none of these annoyances were on that device from minute one.

AT&T stuff aside... the screen is gorgeous, the hand feel is great (and it can be used one handed pretty easily). The blue looks really snazzy and the photos from reviews don't quite do it justice. Now that the bloatware is gone, its starting to be more usable, but the lack of an out-of-the-box update seems worrying since I had heard other AT&T Note 7's had a day one patch, but mine shows nothing.

Screw you, AT&T, but the phone itself is wonderful.

How did to get a network unlock code already? Don't you have to fully pay for the device first?

buddhake

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I have an unlocked exnos s7 edge on AT&T and it has all the AT&T apps that can't be Uninstalled. Getting an unlocked one won't help, it's the Sim that does it.

Really? My Snapdragon/US unlocked s7 edge loaded no bloat ware at all. Very strange

buddhake

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
There is an alternative product for disabling but deleting is not an option. I'm hoping for another case where you can flash the F or U code to the carrier branded units like the S7 has

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
You do know that this is nothing new. Why are shocked. The sun will come up tomorrow, and at&t will have bloat. Fact of life. You have options, you can leave at&t, there are other carriers. I disable the bloat, and have never had any issues... I don't understand crying about it.

buddhake

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
You do know that this is nothing new. Why are shocked. The sun will come up tomorrow, and at&t will have bloat. Fact of life. You have options, you can leave at&t, there are other carriers. I disable the bloat, and have never had any issues... I don't understand crying about it.

Not crying, just confirming that I'll be trading in for a proper unlocked, unatt-d version very soon.

Acapella75

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Someone on this forum has been saying AT&T allows you to uninstall (i.e. not just disable, but completely uninstall) the bloatware.

Not sure why he would lie and spread this rumor, but I just got back from AT&T for myself and most of the bloat can only be disabled not uninstalled.

In fact, DirectTV is considered a system app.

No way am I getting this phone from AT&T, I'm switching to T-Mobile.

That was me and I apologize for the misinformation. I was uninstalling from the app drawer and didn't think to check the actual app setting. I did not intend to spread misinformation. I haven't used android in a really long time. I cancelled my preorder over this as well. Not putting up with bloatware and I was sure to let them know why I canceled.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
There's no real difference between uninstalling and disabling. You never get the space back either way, so it's just telling the application not to run and not to appear in the app drawer. Both do that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma