08-18-2016 09:55 PM
35 12
tools
    And I am ready to fly over to the UK and get the Exynos version and bring it back with me. The bloatware is massive and the same Directv shade garbage is back. On the upside, AT&T got me a network unlock code immediately, so I can use it on foreign carriers right away. And the huge "N" for NFC is really distracting. I am coming from the US/NA S7 Edge Unlocked version, so none of these annoyances were on that device from minute one.

AT&T stuff aside... the screen is gorgeous, the hand feel is great (and it can be used one handed pretty easily). The blue looks really snazzy and the photos from reviews don't quite do it justice. Now that the bloatware is gone, its starting to be more usable, but the lack of an out-of-the-box update seems worrying since I had heard other AT&T Note 7's had a day one patch, but mine shows nothing.

Screw you, AT&T, but the phone itself is wonderful.
    08-18-2016 03:29 PM
    at&t looks like they like to screw up the phone. Sprint doesnt add too much bloat, and you can uninstall all of it if you want.
    bhatech likes this.
    08-18-2016 03:35 PM
    Someone on this forum has been saying AT&T allows you to uninstall (i.e. not just disable, but completely uninstall) the bloatware.

Not sure why he would lie and spread this rumor, but I just got back from AT&T for myself and most of the bloat can only be disabled not uninstalled.

In fact, DirectTV is considered a system app.

No way am I getting this phone from AT&T, I'm switching to T-Mobile.
    08-18-2016 03:56 PM
    Also looks like AT&T won't let me check for a system update again for 24 hours? What??
    08-18-2016 04:09 PM
    I have an unlocked exnos s7 edge on AT&T and it has all the AT&T apps that can't be Uninstalled. Getting an unlocked one won't help, it's the Sim that does it.
    08-18-2016 04:12 PM
    And I am ready to fly over to the UK and get the Exynos version and bring it back with me. The bloatware is massive and the same Directv shade garbage is back. On the upside, AT&T got me a network unlock code immediately, so I can use it on foreign carriers right away. And the huge "N" for NFC is really distracting. I am coming from the US/NA S7 Edge Unlocked version, so none of these annoyances were on that device from minute one.

AT&T stuff aside... the screen is gorgeous, the hand feel is great (and it can be used one handed pretty easily). The blue looks really snazzy and the photos from reviews don't quite do it justice. Now that the bloatware is gone, its starting to be more usable, but the lack of an out-of-the-box update seems worrying since I had heard other AT&T Note 7's had a day one patch, but mine shows nothing.

Screw you, AT&T, but the phone itself is wonderful.
    How did to get a network unlock code already? Don't you have to fully pay for the device first?
    08-18-2016 04:25 PM
    How did to get a network unlock code already? Don't you have to fully pay for the device first?
    I bought it full price right away so no contract or payoff obligations.
    08-18-2016 04:28 PM
    I have an unlocked exnos s7 edge on AT&T and it has all the AT&T apps that can't be Uninstalled. Getting an unlocked one won't help, it's the Sim that does it.
    Really? My Snapdragon/US unlocked s7 edge loaded no bloat ware at all. Very strange
    Premium1 likes this.
    08-18-2016 04:30 PM
    Yep. AT&T bloat is awful.
    bhatech likes this.
    08-18-2016 04:30 PM
    Is Package Disabler Pro the only workaround for getting rid of bloatware?
    08-18-2016 04:35 PM
    There is an alternative product for disabling but deleting is not an option. I'm hoping for another case where you can flash the F or U code to the carrier branded units like the S7 has
    08-18-2016 04:37 PM
    You do know that this is nothing new. Why are shocked. The sun will come up tomorrow, and at&t will have bloat. Fact of life. You have options, you can leave at&t, there are other carriers. I disable the bloat, and have never had any issues... I don't understand crying about it.
    mustang8918, Jona005 and sqa4life like this.
    08-18-2016 05:39 PM
    You do know that this is nothing new. Why are shocked. The sun will come up tomorrow, and at&t will have bloat. Fact of life. You have options, you can leave at&t, there are other carriers. I disable the bloat, and have never had any issues... I don't understand crying about it.
    Not crying, just confirming that I'll be trading in for a proper unlocked, unatt-d version very soon.
    bhatech likes this.
    08-18-2016 05:41 PM
    Someone on this forum has been saying AT&T allows you to uninstall (i.e. not just disable, but completely uninstall) the bloatware.

Not sure why he would lie and spread this rumor, but I just got back from AT&T for myself and most of the bloat can only be disabled not uninstalled.

In fact, DirectTV is considered a system app.

No way am I getting this phone from AT&T, I'm switching to T-Mobile.
    That was me and I apologize for the misinformation. I was uninstalling from the app drawer and didn't think to check the actual app setting. I did not intend to spread misinformation. I haven't used android in a really long time. I cancelled my preorder over this as well. Not putting up with bloatware and I was sure to let them know why I canceled.
    akin_t likes this.
    08-18-2016 05:49 PM
    Only two tmobile apps I had to uninstall and WhatsApp other that there was nothing else on the phone I didn't want.
    08-18-2016 05:49 PM
    Only two tmobile apps I had to uninstall and WhatsApp other that there was nothing else on the phone I didn't want.
    Was there TMo specific account apps that you could not uninstall? Or was everything removable?
    08-18-2016 05:55 PM
    TmobileTV and TmobileSling (I think that's what its called) both uninstalled.
    08-18-2016 05:58 PM
    TmobileTV and TmobileSling (I think that's what its called) both uninstalled.
    No account management apps or voicemail apps or other garbage? I know where I'm going tomorrow...
    08-18-2016 06:02 PM
    No account management apps or voicemail apps or other garbage? I know where I'm going tomorrow...
    Okay Tmobile Device Unlock, Tmobile, Tombile NameID and MobileHostpot can not be removed. only Device Unlock and TmobileNameID can be disabled.
    08-18-2016 06:07 PM
    There's no real difference between uninstalling and disabling. You never get the space back either way, so it's just telling the application not to run and not to appear in the app drawer. Both do that.
    Jona005 and sqa4life like this.
    08-18-2016 06:09 PM
    Been with AT&T since they were Bellsouth Mobility in 1996. I just ignore the bloatware and disable it when I upgrade every year. Tomorrow is no different. Picking up my silver Note 7 in the morning at 10am at BB. With a free 256gb sd card included.

Wildo6882, Jona005 and sqa4life like this.
    08-18-2016 06:24 PM
    There's no real difference between uninstalling and disabling. You never get the space back either way, so it's just telling the application not to run and not to appear in the app drawer. Both do that.
    I'm more interested in the version that never has them in the first place. I have been very spoilt by the unlocked S7 Edge and it's very clean, very non-carrier feel. The delete vs disable is fine, space is cheap these days, it's the OS-adjustments they do, and the things they remove that are nice to have, and the hobbling for no real reason that make me want to go another direction.

I love the phone itself, but the carrierisation has ruined it for me.
    08-18-2016 06:30 PM
    Can you go into more detail about this? How are they the same thing? It's not making sense to me.

You mean to say, if one decided to free up space on their device, uninstalling apps they no longer used would not do the trick?
    08-18-2016 06:48 PM
    Can you go into more detail about this? How are they the same thing? It's not making sense to me.

You mean to say, if one decided to free up space on their device, uninstalling apps they no longer used would not do the trick?
    Uninstalling preinstalled apps will not give a user more space. Uninstalling apps the user chose to download will. This happens because the preinstalled apps, whether they can be uninstalled or not, are given a separate partition within the system space that they occupy and the total size of that partition doesn't change.
    08-18-2016 07:34 PM
    Yes the bloat is bad. However thankfully all of it can be disabled, except for one which almost seems like a bug. You can't disable "Usage manager" app for some reason. Everything took about 1 min to disable. It sucks that its their in the first place I agree.

Ten minutes with an AT&T Branded Note 7-ifcbgi1.jpg
    08-18-2016 07:43 PM
35 12