First, I have the phone network unlocked, so I expected at least for the phone to take on the voice portion of the Verizon network, even if it was not going to auto configure the APN correctly. Anyone else been able to give this a try and get registered to Verizon on an ATT device?

IIRC all bands were the same on all US carrier devices, correct?
    08-18-2016 06:11 PM
    There's GSM and there's CDMA. AT&T is GSM so when unlocked it will only work with other GSM networks. Verizon is CDMA so it won't work with AT&T even when unlocked

Posted via the Android Central App
    PlaybookFanatic likes this.
    08-18-2016 06:14 PM
    Not ATT, but a couple of weeks ago I had gotten a phone for Tmobile and could not get it on the network and as it turns out they had the phone IME blocked. It was a brand new phone. I thought they only did that for phones that had contracts on them.
    08-18-2016 06:16 PM
    Don't think ATT phone has a cdma radio for Verizon Voice services.

Also will Verizon register it on their network? Have you been in contact with Verizon?
    08-18-2016 06:17 PM
    Drat. The info I had looked at pre-launch has changed and now has some specific missing bands by carrier in that oh-so-interchangeable way they like to do. Sigh. Time to return the unit and wait for the unlocked one so I can use on more than one carrier.
    08-18-2016 06:24 PM
    Don't think ATT phone has a cdma radio for Verizon Voice services.

Also will Verizon register it on their network? Have you been in contact with Verizon?
    I have not yet - but for my S7 Edge (Unlocked) and Nexus 6P I could just put the SIM in and go and have perfect coverage w/o calling them. Clearly this phone is limited in this version. Back to S7 I go, I guess.
    08-18-2016 06:25 PM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...lte-bands.html

This is where I had gotten the initial information that all bands were the same on all phones, but PhoneScoop has some other info on missing bands on VZW and Sprint:

Samsung Galaxy Note7 Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)

I still feel like it should be working on VZW with an ATT phone.
    08-18-2016 06:41 PM
    I believe the GSM models have some of the Verizon bands but not all. I also read in previous forums that you had to call verizon and not just a simple SIM card pop in.

08-18-2016 06:45 PM
    What was the unlock procedure from At&t?
    08-18-2016 06:51 PM
    What was the unlock procedure from At&t?
    I called business care via 611 and they took care of it right there and gave me the unlock code over the phone. I bought the phone outright, so there was no funds due on Jump/Next/Contract/etc.
    Lobwedgephil likes this.
    08-18-2016 06:56 PM
    The hardware should be there. Software wise cdma was probably disabled because att didn't want to pay qualcomm royalties.

If you are very technically inclined, then you should be able to flash the necessary Verizon firmware/software to get it to work
    08-18-2016 11:04 PM
    I'm Tmobile user. Bought ATT phone due to available gift cards, paid full price. I'm trying to unlock it, using att unlock website, before even activate the new number but failed, keep saying imei number not found...

So do i really need to activate the new line first then? I heard that I have to use 2 months if activated the line..
    08-19-2016 12:37 PM
    If you bought a carrier phone to use on another network, you probably should sell it and use those funds to buy the proper phone IMO.
    08-19-2016 02:07 PM
    I'm Tmobile user. Bought ATT phone due to available gift cards, paid full price. I'm trying to unlock it, using att unlock website, before even activate the new number but failed, keep saying imei number not found...

So do i really need to activate the new line first then? I heard that I have to use 2 months if activated the line..
    Just follow the att unlock procedure detailed on the att unlock website that you used.
    08-19-2016 05:27 PM
    If you bought a carrier phone to use on another network, you probably should sell it and use those funds to buy the proper phone IMO.
    I would recommend that too.
    08-19-2016 05:27 PM
    Verizon won't activate non verizon phones on their network. Not sure why you bought an At&t phone to use on Verizon, but it won't work.

08-19-2016 11:01 PM
    Verizon won't activate non verizon phones on their network. Not sure why you bought an At&t phone to use on Verizon, but it won't work.

Not necessarily a true statement as non-Verizon phones like the Moto X Pure Edition, Nexus 5X, and Nexus 6P cam be activated on Verizon.
    08-19-2016 11:05 PM