And it's the blue one.

Sad day...

A replacement is going to take forever to get here...

This stinks.
    08-18-2016 08:20 PM
    You already said it's brand new. Take it to a corporate store, you have 14 days to do so, and get a brand new replacement tomorrow.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    olliedawn and dlgus like this.
    08-18-2016 08:22 PM
    And it's the blue one.

Sad day...

A replacement is going to take forever to get here...

This stinks.
    How do you know it's bad?
    08-18-2016 08:23 PM
    08-18-2016 08:23 PM
    Does this every time. No matter if i try to launch it through a text message or just the camera app. I get that warning and then it crashes the camera app.

I've rebooted the phone twice and reset it once.
    08-18-2016 08:25 PM
    You already said it's brand new. Take it to a corporate store, you have 14 days to do so, and get a brand new replacement tomorrow.

No one has blues in stock.
    08-18-2016 08:25 PM
    No one has blues in stock.
    I'd take it in to one anyway and see if they can maybe give you a bill credit or some goodies. Going into the corporate store can really help.

Sorry you hit a bogey out of the box.

08-18-2016 08:27 PM
    Are you absolutely positive you dont have another app downloaded that is hijacking the camera?! It was months ago, so I can't remember which app i had that did that made much camera fail but i figured it out, uninstalled the app and my camera worked with no issues. ...good luck!
    08-18-2016 08:36 PM
    It could be software. Samsung has a support article for this here https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=UuXcoo49

If google you'll find this issue isn't new for Galaxy devices and ways people resolved it. Couldn't hurt to try them.

Posted via the Android Central App
    olliedawn likes this.
    08-18-2016 08:42 PM
    It could be software. Samsung has a support article for this here https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=tDgSkPlN

If google you'll find this issue isn't new for Galaxy devices and ways people resolved it. Couldn't hurt to try them.

I've been on hold for a while. Android tech support thinks it's hardware. We tried the method above. It didn't work.
    08-18-2016 09:37 PM
    I've been on hold for a while. Android tech support thinks it's hardware. We tried the method above. It didn't work.
    T-Mobile is going to swap it out.
    08-18-2016 09:38 PM
    The carriers usually keep a stock for replacement purposes so You should be ok. Or you can let them know of the issue and they should be more than willing to help you out.
    08-18-2016 09:41 PM
    Sorry for your luck. Make sure you see how scratch resistant the screen is before you send it back in to put everyone at ease in the other thread. /s
    Nabiscuit likes this.
    08-18-2016 09:51 PM
    Did you try a factory reset? Not sure if you mentioned that it was doing this right out of the box or after all your apps were installed.
    08-18-2016 09:58 PM
    Out of curiosity have you tried other methods in addition to the Samsung support article? Just wondering.

08-18-2016 10:14 PM
    Out of curiosity have you tried other methods in addition to the Samsung support article? Just wondering.

I did a factory reset and didn't restore any backup data. I made sure it was completely fresh...

So it can't be app related still, can it?

Still crashing.

08-18-2016 10:30 PM
    I did a factory reset and didn't restore any backup data. I made sure it was completely fresh...

So it can't be app related still, can it?

Still crashing.

Yeah I had that on an S5 when it released. Swapped mine at that time.

08-18-2016 10:48 PM
    T-Mobile is going to swap it out.
    Did you put a memory card in the phone? If you did try it without the memory card.

If you haven't swapped it yet try a factory reset like Nakrohtap suggested. see you already tried that.

Its possible something is physically wrong with the camera, but its hard to believe.

Hopefully you don't get a refurbished test model as your replacement....
    08-18-2016 10:52 PM
    Did you put a memory card in the phone? If you did try it without the memory card.

If you haven't swapped it yet try a factory reset like Nakrohtap suggested. see you already tried that.

Its possible something is physically wrong with the camera, but its hard to believe.

Hopefully you don't get a refurbished test model as your replacement....
    No memory card inserted. There are no refurbished models of these phones, yet. I'm returning this phone and I had to buy another phone. New one will be brand new.

I tried a bunch of different ways to perform the factory reset. Same results every time. It's a broken Front Facing Camera.

Other than that, I love the phone.
    08-21-2016 05:39 PM