S-Pen kinda stuck

msokad

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Finally got home to play with the phone. Pressed the bottom of the phone to release the S-Pen and got nothing. The top of the S-Pen should click so the top pops out so you can remove it from the phone. Mine didn't click, instead it got stuck. I had to use a small plastic pick to easily pop the top of the S-Pen so it would click and remove it. Once it was out, the top of the S-Pen only clicks 75% of the time.

Is anyone else having the issue.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I had the same issue! Just once. It pushed in instead of click. I was pissed. Haven't been able to duplicate it though. Hopefully a fluke!

msokad

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I popped the pen in again and a short time later it did it again. Once I got the pen out, I pushed the top of the pen up and down like a regular pen. There must have been a small burr inside the pen. Now it works 100% of the time.

Hopefully just a small issue that will not return.

msokad

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I guess a spare S Pen is in order.

I was thinking of stopping at the local VZW store and showing them. We paid enough for the phone, we should be able to get a replacement S-Pen. Beside that, I'm loving the phone. I have 6 hours of on screen time and still have 75% battery.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of stopping at the local VZW store and showing them. We paid enough for the phone, we should be able to get a replacement S-Pen. Beside that, I'm loving the phone. I have 6 hours of on screen time and still have 75% battery.

You should definitely be able to get a replacement on that S Pen