First Software udate for the Note 7

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
AT&T did the same thing. Had a update today after booting the phone up. All AT&T said was the update was for security, but lots of version info changes, not just android monthly security date. Was 134 MB. Checked and didn't see any additional bloatware thankfully, and all of my disabled apps were still disabled.

Before

1UT0hgw.jpg

After

pHO8F2A.jpg

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
AT&T did the same thing. Had a update today after booting the phone up. All AT&T said was the update was for security, but lots of version info changes, not just android monthly security date. Was 134 MB. Checked and didn't see any additional bloatware thankfully, and all of my disabled apps were still disabled.

Before

View attachment 235956

After

View attachment 235957

Just got the 2nd updated already, August Security Patch. These updates are very fast unlike how slow Samsung was in releasing updates in the past. 2 updates in 1 week :)

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Seemed odd to me getting a new phone , on release date then less than 24 hours getting an update. It does seem to be a minor one,

PRGDR

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Seemed odd to me getting a new phone , on release date then less than 24 hours getting an update. It does seem to be a minor one,

It does not seem that odd to me, I think it is exactly now, when people are starting to use the device and finding details, that they find out what to modify/tune up (I guess if we buy the device upon release, we actually become guinea pigs, in a good sense, of course). I like the fact that they are reacting that fast, actually.

Well, to be more precise, I would really like it if they said what was fixed...

Any idea by now, of what has been fixed/changed in these couple of updates? Anyone?

James Pettengill

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
On AT&T myself and that software update came through Thursday night as I was trying to set up the phone! Didn't even have it on for maybe 5 minutes and it did it's own thing and updated.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I got it yesterday.

It's more than just a security patch. There's new stuff in the Settings app and there's also Nougat-styled notifications.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I saw the update notice on the demo units at Best Buy, and I had read threads about a release. So I checked mine and to my surprise it came out of the AT&T box with the august update. Now its possible the AT&T rep did it while he was doing the setup of my friends phone. But I didn't see it. I am on the current baseband and security update date.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I got it yesterday.

It's more than just a security patch. There's new stuff in the Settings app and there's also Nougat-styled notifications.
Any screenshot of the notification after update? Haven't gotten anything on the T-Mobile version yet. Want to see if it's any different than what we have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith