Iris scanner or finger print. Which do you use?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Finger print. No patience for the iris scanner tonight.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

Haha! Me either. I didn't even bother trying to mess with it today. I'm gonna set it up to use with Secure Folder, but that'll be the only time I probably use it.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Which do you prefer to lock your device? Finger print scanner, or the Iris scanner?
Tried Iris scanner but it's hit or miss and too much time to unlock. Fingerprint is faster as of now, but the Iris will come in handy at situations when fingers are wet, or wearing gloves etc

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Fingerprint to unlock phone, but have been playing with the iris scanner for secure folder (which I really like) and I'am surprised by how fast it is. It's much better than I thought it would be.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Fingerprint. All day every day.

Ditto, it's too much of a hassle to unlock the device, then swipe up, then look properly in the phone, forget that nonsense. It's nice but it's too much of a hassle compared to juts placing my finger on the home button and bam, the phone's unlocked.

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Both iris scanner is great if you use always on display and double tap a notification to go straight to it. The iris scanner is fast and reliable for me. I don't even really have to position the phone like I thought I would.

Amb312

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Iris. Fingerprint never works worth a crap for me. This iris scanner is fast and I don't have to hold it a certain way.

gpatrick15

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
Since i have to have my work email on my phone, the mobile iron app we install for it encrypts the phone and forces forced me to use either a pin or a password. Lol so the only way I can use the iris scanner is via the secure folder. It seems to work instantly even with my glasses.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Iris scanner

This thing is amazing! Even works at night and with glasses on.

I even prefer it to the fingerprint. It's really fast

Any thoughts?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Iris scanner

I just set mine up a few minutes ago and it is amazingly quick and accurate. I totally was not expecting to use it, hence why I waited a day to set it up, but it's amazing.

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

Huh, failed every time for me. Blamed dirty glass right out of the box so I disabled it as a typical Samsung gimmick.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

I agree. Just set mine up and so far I'm amazed how great it works. Crazy. Works with and without my reading glasses.