08-27-2016 10:17 PM
85 ... 234
tools
    Iris scanner. Rarely ever have the chance to see my eyes.
    08-21-2016 08:53 PM
    If my gf did that I'd be single the next day. Bigger issues at play if you were worried about that.
    Thats true, but we hear all the time about people doing whatever to get into other people's phones. Just thought I would throw it out there.... the iris scanner would put an end to any of that.
    08-21-2016 09:27 PM
    Quick question: is Good Lock compatible with the iris scanner?

For some reason as soon as I launched Good Lock, the iris scanner is no longer an option on my lock screen. If i swipe down theres just the pin number option.

Maybe Good Lock needs an software update to be compatible?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-22-2016 06:39 AM
    Guess i'm in the small minority who uses the iris scanner over the fingerprint scanner. I just find it less annoying than, every time I need to log in, reaching my thumb down to press the button. I've started using my s pen to navigate everything, including that sliding action that you need when you first open your phone. It seems like unnecessary fumbling to use the pin to slide, then have to adjust it in your hand so that you can pull out your thumb to use the fingerprint scanner. And it seems to me The iris scanner workst just as fast as the fingerprint scanner.

--RICH
    08-22-2016 06:41 AM
    ^^ It's insanely fast. I'm very impressed with it.

08-22-2016 06:47 AM
    Quick question: is Good Lock compatible with the iris scanner?

For some reason as soon as I launched Good Lock, the iris scanner is no longer an option on my lock screen. If i swipe down theres just the pin number option.

Maybe Good Lock needs an software update to be compatible?

No. Good Lock does not support the Iris scanner, the Note7's AOD and other stuff that the Note's UI has as of this time.

They might be working on an update for it right now. I can only hope. It's the one thing I've always wanted from an OEM; The option to put a more AOSP-like UI without requiring a custom ROM.
    08-22-2016 09:37 AM
    I remembered an app called Gravity Screen that I had with my previous M7 and M8s so I decided to try it with my new Note 7.

I felt that by always having to wake up the screen using the home button it'll cause a lot of wear and tear.

Now with the gravity screen it wakes up once I pick the phone up and all I need to do is swipe and then aim for my eyes ?

It'll also lock the phone when you lay it down on the table.

It may not be for everyone but you can download it and try for a few days ?!?

I also noticed that my AOD screen wasn't on in since I activated the gravity screen so it may have something to do with it but no biggie.

08-27-2016 09:19 PM
    Beyond impressed with the iris scanner. It even works in the dark! Seamless!

I have to amend this a bit. While I do think the iris scanner works beautifully, a week after setting it up I'm kind of over it. I'm back to just using my thumb print since I have to press the home key anyway. It's just one less thing to think about. I might, however use it in conjunction with the thumb print for securing some sensitive, less frequently needed areas on my phone.
    08-27-2016 09:38 PM
    I use both...there are times when my thumbs are wet and ive gotten into wipe fights with my phone to unlock lol...Doesnt hurt to have a alternative....
    08-27-2016 09:43 PM
    I have been using both options
    08-27-2016 10:17 PM
85 ... 234