Iris scanner or finger print. Which do you use?

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I saw a you tube video just before release and the guy didn't have to swipe the screen. He touched the home button and the iris scanner came up and worked. Anybody know how to do this?
I don't know for sure, but I'd assume that this would work if you disabled the fingerprint unlock.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Right now using pin. As much as I want to use Iris scanner wearing glasses makes it challenging. Finger print will work best for me

Posted via the Android Central App

Cappaccinodagreat

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
If you live alone, I say roll with fingerprint to unlock your phone. I recommend the iris scan if you have a roommate or girlfriend / boyfriend that might gently place your finger on your phone to unlock it while you are asleep. #peoplebecrazy.

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I absolutely love the iris scanner. Went to a concert last night and it worked like a charm even at night. Was awesome.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
If you live alone, I say roll with fingerprint to unlock your phone. I recommend the iris scan if you have a roommate or girlfriend / boyfriend that might gently place your finger on your phone to unlock it while you are asleep. #peoplebecrazy.
If my gf did that I'd be single the next day. Bigger issues at play if you were worried about that.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Primary: Fingerprint
Secondary: Iris

The FPS on my particular Note is extremely fast. Just press the home button to wake the phone and it already unlocks. As such, it has become my primary unlock method. However, I've also registered my iris, for use when I can't use my fingerprint and for the Secure Folder.

It actually works surprisingly well, though it's not perfect as in my experience, too much light can confuse the scanner. Eager to see how this tech can improve in the future.

TheLegoJoker

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Mostly fingerprint but the iris scanner is fun. When I first set it up I was outside and it was very sunny. When i went indoors it wouldn't read me. I erased and redid it inside and it works great now. Not something I'll use a lot perhaps, but a neat gimmick to show people if nothing else.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I've used both Iris and Fingerprint in rhe short time I've had the Note 7.

The Iris was used mostly as entertainment the other night at a lounge where everyone was asking me about my new phone and wanted to see how the iris scanner worked.

For every day practical use it's been the fingerprint scanner.

I don't like where I need to swipe on the phone , then aim when I can just easily swipe then place my fingertip to unlock !?!?

I'll keep both and use accordingly

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Both iris scanner is great if you use always on display and double tap a notification to go straight to it. The iris scanner is fast and reliable for me. I don't even really have to position the phone like I thought I would.
I set up iris for this specific reason! Works pretty well so far.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have iris, fps, and trusted device set up with my s2. I will usually use fps, or just double tap the notification on the aod

Cappaccinodagreat

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
If my gf did that I'd be single the next day. Bigger issues at play if you were worried about that.

Thats true, but we hear all the time about people doing whatever to get into other people's phones. Just thought I would throw it out there.... the iris scanner would put an end to any of that.

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Quick question: is Good Lock compatible with the iris scanner?

For some reason as soon as I launched Good Lock, the iris scanner is no longer an option on my lock screen. If i swipe down theres just the pin number option.

Maybe Good Lock needs an software update to be compatible?

Posted via the Android Central App

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Guess i'm in the small minority who uses the iris scanner over the fingerprint scanner. I just find it less annoying than, every time I need to log in, reaching my thumb down to press the button. I've started using my s pen to navigate everything, including that sliding action that you need when you first open your phone. It seems like unnecessary fumbling to use the pin to slide, then have to adjust it in your hand so that you can pull out your thumb to use the fingerprint scanner. And it seems to me The iris scanner workst just as fast as the fingerprint scanner.

--RICH

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois