Notes won't pin on lock screen.

Gotanks3646

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
AOD is 'always on display'. I had same issue with the gmail app not giving notifications. Tried everything to get to show up. Ended up just going back to aquamail.

Android1126

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
FIX

SOLVED**Guys, was playing around trying to get this to work. Finally found a "pending update" for Always On Screen. Update that, make sure Always on Display is on, and it will definitely work after that,

Search the Samsung Store for the update,

Android1126

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Seems that has already been addressed. It works, you may have night clock on or something that is overriding the screen pinning in Always On Display mode.

Last edited:

VaughnGwinn

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
So I had a very similar issue tonight but got it resolved. I've only had my Note 7 this morning mind you. One of the many reasons for me to get the phone was the ability to add notes on the fly and have it pin on the lock screen. Unfortunately, the phone did not want to do that. I could write notes on the lock screen but I could not save,delete, nor pin it. The options on top were there for me but my pen could not select any of those options. I could save it or discard or cancel by pressing the back button on the bottom right hand corner of the phone. I finally went into safe mode to see if it was an app I had installed could be causing this issue. Turns out that was the issue - I'm not sure why but my Cerberus app was the culprite. Once uninstalled, I can now edit/save/delete/pin my notes on the lock screen.

BUT the note does not appear automatically on the lockscreen. I'm not sure if it's suppose to work this way. But once it's been pinned, you still have to double tap on the lock screen to have it displayed (for a about 1 minute) and it would go back to displaying the clock. Let me know if this is how the lock screen AoD works.

bacano22

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I just got my T-Mobile Note 7 and loving it.

Switching from Apple so spent some time to get to know the OS etc. Haven't really installed any launcher or icon packs. If I do has to be something minimal similar to the iOS. To be honest would love if we could get stock Android as it looks much more cleaner. But again I'm not an expert.

Now to my problem.

I've been reading everywhere that the phone gives the ability to take notes while locked and also pin those notes for an hour or so on the lock screen.

The option is on from settings and I'm able to write notes on the locked screen. The pin icon there is nowhere to be found? Any ideas what's going on. There is a save button that saves the note the the notes app but no way to pin in to the lock screen.

Any help will be very appreciated it.
I figured it out, it needs an update go to settings display and always on display and look for the update .. worked for me

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Let me know if this is how the lock screen AoD works.

It is not how it's supposed to work. To fix it you need to updated the AoD as follows:

go to Settings, Display, ALways On Display, "About Always on Display".

In there you should find a link to update the AoD. Once that happens the pinning to AoD works. At least it does for me now :) Good luck.

freeideasguy

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
It is not how it's supposed to work. To fix it you need to updated the AoD as follows:

go to Settings, Display, ALways On Display, "About Always on Display".

In there you should find a link to update the AoD. Once that happens the pinning to AoD works. At least it does for me now :) Good luck.

I also got it. This is only when the AoD is on right correct. ? When my locked screen is totally black and i get the pen out I can write but there is no pin

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: FIX

SOLVED**Guys, was playing around trying to get this to work. Finally found a "pending update" for Always On Screen. Update that, make sure Always on Display is on, and it will definitely work after that,

Search the Samsung Store for the update,

Thanks. This was driving me crazy as well.

Cleetus McCleod

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Thank for all of the comments and suggestions. I have mine working now to because of this thread

Is there anyway to continue modifying a note that is exist on the lock screen already from the lock screen? I wrote what I wanted to get at the store and I put my phone down remembered one more thing and it doesn't allow me to continue on an already pinned note to the lock screen. Am I doing something wrong or is this not a feature yet? Thanks for any and all help.

Jeremy-W

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Thank for all of the comments and suggestions. I have mine working now to because of this thread

Is there anyway to continue modifying a note that is exist on the lock screen already from the lock screen? I wrote what I wanted to get at the store and I put my phone down remembered one more thing and it doesn't allow me to continue on an already pinned note to the lock screen. Am I doing something wrong or is this not a feature yet? Thanks for any and all help.

I'm trying to figure this out as well. I can't believe there's no way to edit a pinned note. I created 4 different grocery lists last night because I kept needing to add to it. Dumb.

souffoue

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I did my update but am still having issues with this. When I do a note an pin it - it says saved to Samsung notes .... never shows up on the display

shafeekedoli

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I'm having problems with mine. It will alow me to click on the pin icon; however, after saving it only shows an icon on my always on display that I can click twice to open the memo. I was under the assumption that the memo would just display on the screen without me having to double click on the icon to make it display. Am i wrong? If not, is there a setting I nees to change?

i had the same issue, however once u update the latest software , it will work fine..update os from settings

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800