08-27-2016 02:41 PM
38 12
tools
    I just got my T-Mobile Note 7 and loving it.

Switching from Apple so spent some time to get to know the OS etc. Haven't really installed any launcher or icon packs. If I do has to be something minimal similar to the iOS. To be honest would love if we could get stock Android as it looks much more cleaner. But again I'm not an expert.

Now to my problem.

I've been reading everywhere that the phone gives the ability to take notes while locked and also pin those notes for an hour or so on the lock screen.

The option is on from settings and I'm able to write notes on the locked screen. The pin icon there is nowhere to be found? Any ideas what's going on. There is a save button that saves the note the the notes app but no way to pin in to the lock screen.

Any help will be very appreciated it.
    08-19-2016 12:29 AM
    Print screen of the lockscreeen black page would be nice
    08-19-2016 12:41 AM
    When the phone is off, pull out the s-pen and write something down and then you should have this icon on the top (the one that looks like a push pin next to delete)

Notes won't pin on lock screen.-bxe6sqz.png

After you tap that icon, put the pen back in and you should have a new notification on the always on display. Double tap it to see your pinned note.
    CBzhnw likes this.
    08-19-2016 12:42 AM
    Hmm I see the pin icon when I write notes on the always on display

Have you turned on always on display?
    CBzhnw likes this.
    08-19-2016 12:43 AM
    08-19-2016 12:44 AM
    I just got my T-Mobile Note 7 and loving it.

Switching from Apple so spent some time to get to know the OS etc. Haven't really installed any launcher or icon packs. If I do has to be something minimal similar to the iOS. To be honest would love if we could get stock Android as it looks much more cleaner. But again I'm not an expert.

Now to my problem.

I've been reading everywhere that the phone gives the ability to take notes while locked and also pin those notes for an hour or so on the lock screen.

The option is on from settings and I'm able to write notes on the locked screen. The pin icon there is nowhere to be found? Any ideas what's going on. There is a save button that saves the note the the notes app but no way to pin in to the lock screen.

Any help will be very appreciated it.
    I'm having problems with mine. It will alow me to click on the pin icon; however, after saving it only shows an icon on my always on display that I can click twice to open the memo. I was under the assumption that the memo would just display on the screen without me having to double click on the icon to make it display. Am i wrong? If not, is there a setting I nees to change?
    fitcherama likes this.
    08-19-2016 12:44 AM
    I'm having problems with mine. It will alow me to click on the pin icon; however, after saving it only shows an icon on my always on display that I can click twice to open the memo. I was under the assumption that the memo would just display on the screen without me having to double click on the icon to make it display. Am i wrong? If not, is there a setting I nees to change?
    You are not wrong, the pinning to AoD is not working yet it appears. Not on mine, nor anyone's I have read about in these forums.
    fitcherama likes this.
    08-19-2016 12:48 AM
    Thank you. I've been going nuts thinking I had a setting wrong.
    08-19-2016 12:49 AM
    Yeah I can't get it to work like that either actually. Maybe a bug or something.

Also for the OP. There is a pretty nice theme you can get that is close to stock android.

Edit: try tapping this link on your phone and it should take you to the the theme. if not follow directions below.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=ON-xWNez

Go to settings>wallpapers and themes>swipe over to themes>tap "top">look for "material design" right now its number 37 in the top "all" section.

download and apply that and see if you like it.
    08-19-2016 12:55 AM
    Maybe the note have to be smaller and a little bit lower for it to show together with clock? Or Sammy just F us?
    08-19-2016 01:07 AM
    Yep I thought I was crazy as well.
    08-19-2016 01:10 AM
    Double clicking the memo icon seems to make it work reportedly, I won't know until I get mine tomorrow.
    08-19-2016 01:57 AM
    The funny part is that I don't see that pin anywhere on top - with the display alwyas on or not (tried both)
    and i was under the assumption that after pinning the note wil be on all the time. Anyhow the pin is no where to be found.

Also have another problem. The gear fit doesn't show any notifications!

And lastly when i get a new email at gmail and using the phone - isn't supposed to bring a pop up with the subject at least. It's one under notification settings but only getting the sound.

I guess the transition has these problems. will figure them out lol
    08-19-2016 09:44 AM
    thank you!
    08-19-2016 09:49 AM
    thank you so much! will try the theme.
    08-19-2016 09:49 AM
    Hoping this might help others. Mine didn't work either. I could pet I could write a note but then it would disappear and just be an icon on that always on screen. Then I went into the always on settings. Once and there I clicked to change one of the clocks the colouring of it and then it said it needed to do an update. Once the update was dark and the always on memo shows now once I have pinned it.
    08-19-2016 01:27 PM
    Thanks will try that. But i don't have the "always on display" on anywyas and I can't see any pin. Now I have two other issues. Gmail won't pop up notifications to see who is emailing (just gives the notification sound) and gear fit 2 won't display any notifications no matter what. lol
    08-19-2016 01:32 PM
    This feature was one of the reason I wanted a note 7... I have tried everything including what kjgilligan suggested, but it did not ask about an update. Still just pins to an 'icon' rather than pinning to the actual 'always on' screen.
    08-19-2016 02:00 PM
    I got an update in Galaxy Apps for the AoD today that fixed the screen off memo issue. Music controls also now show up for any music app. Pretty sweet.
    08-19-2016 02:12 PM
    What is an AoD. Haven't received any update. And have so many other issues. Gmail won't give pop up notifications and fit 2 won't get any notifications damn.
    08-19-2016 02:16 PM
    AoD = Always On Display. It's in the Galaxy Apps store not play store
    08-19-2016 02:27 PM
    AOD is 'always on display'. I had same issue with the gmail app not giving notifications. Tried everything to get to show up. Ended up just going back to aquamail.
    08-19-2016 02:28 PM
    SOLVED**Guys, was playing around trying to get this to work. Finally found a "pending update" for Always On Screen. Update that, make sure Always on Display is on, and it will definitely work after that,

Search the Samsung Store for the update,
    08-19-2016 11:12 PM
    Seems that has already been addressed. It works, you may have night clock on or something that is overriding the screen pinning in Always On Display mode.
    08-19-2016 11:14 PM
    So I had a very similar issue tonight but got it resolved. I've only had my Note 7 this morning mind you. One of the many reasons for me to get the phone was the ability to add notes on the fly and have it pin on the lock screen. Unfortunately, the phone did not want to do that. I could write notes on the lock screen but I could not save,delete, nor pin it. The options on top were there for me but my pen could not select any of those options. I could save it or discard or cancel by pressing the back button on the bottom right hand corner of the phone. I finally went into safe mode to see if it was an app I had installed could be causing this issue. Turns out that was the issue - I'm not sure why but my Cerberus app was the culprite. Once uninstalled, I can now edit/save/delete/pin my notes on the lock screen.

BUT the note does not appear automatically on the lockscreen. I'm not sure if it's suppose to work this way. But once it's been pinned, you still have to double tap on the lock screen to have it displayed (for a about 1 minute) and it would go back to displaying the clock. Let me know if this is how the lock screen AoD works.
    08-20-2016 12:40 AM
38 12