Was super excited but now I'm not sure!

bryonp

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm set to pick up my N7 blue after work today I've been rocking the N4 for 2 years I love this phone and its still mint and on kit kat that being said I know the phone just came out but all the negative things like the speaker not being good and how easy it will scratch and other complaints so far idk if I should just wait and not waste my time it sucks I already bought 4 cases for it what to do what to do!

Posted via Galaxy note 4

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I have had the same hesitations but have never ended up regretting each change to the next iteration of the mighty Note series.

In your case, the improvements from the Note 4 to the Note 7 are such a huge leap forward I can't imagine you won't be in Note 7 heaven!!!

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm set to pick up my N7 blue after work today I've been rocking the N4 for 2 years I love this phone and its still mint and on kit kat that being said I know the phone just came out but all the negative things like the speaker not being good and how easy it will scratch and other complaints so far idk if I should just wait and not waste my time it sucks I already bought 4 cases for it what to do what to do!

Posted via Galaxy note 4

Every phone scratches. As for the speaker, that's the price you pay for IP68 certification. I'd gladly take that trade off. Make the move and you won't regret it.

bryonp

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Thanks I appreciate im just worried it's alot of money I still owe $150 on my note 4 so I have 2 choices buy it out or give it back to vzw and lose all invested money and it sucks they don't have a good glass screen protector yet I guess I'll have to get the zagg hd for now!

Posted via Galaxy note 4

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I can think of exactly 0 times I've used my phone speaker for anything other than phone calls...and even then, most of the few of those are via Bluetooth.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I appreciate im just worried it's alot of money I still owe $150 on my note 4 so I have 2 choices buy it out or give it back to vzw and lose all invested money and it sucks they don't have a good glass screen protector yet I guess I'll have to get the zagg hd for now!

Posted via Galaxy note 4

Well...phones are lousy investments...If it makes you feel better, the Note 7 will run circles around your note 4...I know the Note 5 certainly did (from a performance perspective)

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Complaints are par for the course. I always wait till I get my own phone to see how I feel about it....

Posted via the Android Central App

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Base it on your own experience, not just reviews. It has so many positives and people are focusing on a slightly less scratch resistant screen and the speaker, which I think sounds fine. It's a phone not an audio system. If you're that hardcore playing a lot of music, I'm sure you have better headphones, as well as a Bluetooth speaker. Upgrading from a Note 4 is a no brainer. I still have a Note 4 for work and it doesn't compare to the Note5 or Note7 IMO.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Base it on your own experience, not just reviews. It has so many positives and people are focusing on a slightly less scratch resistant screen and the speaker, which I think sounds fine. It's a phone not an audio system. If you're that hardcore playing a lot of music, I'm sure you have better headphones, as well as a Bluetooth speaker. Upgrading from a Note 4 is a no brainer. I still have a Note 4 for work and it doesn't compare to the Note5 or Note7 IMO.

Well said. People have a tendency to focus more on the negative than the positive. I can't understand why so many people get hung up on phone speakers. I've never listened to music through my phone without headphones. The speaker is plenty loud and clear for phone calls. The Note 7 is the first phone that has been able to check off all the boxes for me for what I need from a mobile device.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Posted via Galaxy note 4

Pay it off and keep it as a backup. I have a Note 4 as a backup and went from the Note 5 to the Note 7. Someone is always going to complain about something. And you have two weeks to decide.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
you gonna love it, while the Note 4 is legendary and on a league of it's own, the N7 is much better and should be a fit upgrade over N4.

Speaker is awful and ip68 has something to do with that, that not completely true, sony Xperia phones are water resistant as well and have stereo speakers... also Note 7 SD820 has average sound quality and low headphones output vs Exynos N7.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I say just see how you like it when you get it. Don't base it on what people say on forums because there will always be negative talk about a phone. The only person that can decide is you and I say give it a chance. It's an awesome phone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
No one can make that decision but you. I have read glowing reviews for products that didn't work out for me. Likewise have read negative reviews for products that worked great for me.

The way I see it, I use a screen protector anyways so the scratch thing isn't an issue. And the speaker... I am sure it would be acceptable for me,since I just need it to be a speakerphone... Not to play high quality music.

Hey worse case, return it and pay the $35 restocking fee (Verizon). I have done that before when the iPhone 6s Plus didn't work out for me, despite the glowing reviews.

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Stop reading the boards, especially the "What DON'T you like about the N7?" thread. Lol! I don't have my phone yet and I'm kicking myself for reading the "pinkish screen" thread. Guaranteed I'll detect a pink tinge on my screen when I get it. Like others have said, judge from your own experience.

bryonp

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
As long as the sound is the same level as the note 4 I'll be ok because they weren't great but I could deal with that!

Posted via Galaxy note 4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The speaker isn't the best but that's it.

To be honest I've been here for years on the forums. Most people don't go to the forum to praise.. They go for help and to discuss issues. Don't let that sway you. Try it for yourself. If you let this sway you.. You'll never be able to upgrade. No matter the phone there are always some with issues or complaints.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon